gads photo shop

Old January 8th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
william kossack

Default gads photo shop

I just tried to install photoshop CS3 full version

Everything went fine until I typed the license key in and got told I had
paid full price for an upgrade.

There is actually nothing to say that it was an upgrade on the box.
When I took it back to the store they looked at the receipt and it even
scanned as the full version but talking to adobe support the key I gave
them was an upgrade.

so now I'm without. The store promised to find me a full version (it
was on sale and I would get the sale price) but I wonder what the heck
is going on because the package was all shrink wrapped etc
Old January 8th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nntp.dsl.pipex.com

william kossack wrote:

I just tried to install photoshop CS3 full version

This has something to do with digital photography?

Old January 8th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

"william kossack" wrote in message
. ..
I just tried to install photoshop CS3 full version

Everything went fine until I typed the license key in and got told I
had paid full price for an upgrade.

There is actually nothing to say that it was an upgrade on the box.
When I took it back to the store they looked at the receipt and it
even scanned as the full version but talking to adobe support the
key I gave them was an upgrade.

so now I'm without. The store promised to find me a full version
(it was on sale and I would get the sale price) but I wonder what
the heck is going on because the package was all shrink wrapped etc

In order to help you will need some more details. How much did you
pay? And where did you purchase it?

Old January 8th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"nntp.dsl.pipex.com" wrote in message
william kossack wrote:

I just tried to install photoshop CS3 full version

This has something to do with digital photography?

Yes, CS3 is a digital picture processing tool ( assume you have no knowledge
of this). The OP looks like he was after any similar experiences other may
have had and how they dealt with it.

Cheers.

Pete

Old January 8th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jürgen Exner

william kossack wrote:
I just tried to install photoshop CS3 full version

Everything went fine until I typed the license key in and got told I had
paid full price for an upgrade.

There is actually nothing to say that it was an upgrade on the box.
When I took it back to the store they looked at the receipt and it even
scanned as the full version but talking to adobe support the key I gave
them was an upgrade.

so now I'm without. The store promised to find me a full version (it
was on sale and I would get the sale price) but I wonder what the heck
is going on because the package was all shrink wrapped etc

Obviously the package does not contain the product that you purchased and
paid for. Return it to the store for a full refund.
Or would you accept a bottle containing water when you purchased and paid
for a bottle of wine?

jue
Old January 9th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
N[_3_]

"Jürgen Exner" wrote in message
william kossack wrote:
[...]

Jue, you appear to have comprehension difficulty.

Old January 9th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
william kossack

william kossack wrote:

I just tried to install photoshop CS3 full version

This has something to do with digital photography?

Yes, CS3 is a digital picture processing tool ( assume you have no knowledge
of this). The OP looks like he was after any similar experiences other may
have had and how they dealt with it.

Cheers.

Pete

correct

the package says Photo shop CS3 and even scans at the store as full
photo shop. I took it back for a refund (Office Max) but I'm waiting to
hear that they have another at the sale price I was wanting. Anyone
else had this problem?
Old January 10th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
irwell

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:50:56 -0500, "Yoshi"
wrote:

"william kossack" wrote in message
I just tried to install photoshop CS3 full version

Everything went fine until I typed the license key in and got told I had
paid full price for an upgrade.

There is actually nothing to say that it was an upgrade on the box. When I
took it back to the store they looked at the receipt and it even scanned
as the full version but talking to adobe support the key I gave them was
an upgrade.

so now I'm without. The store promised to find me a full version (it was
on sale and I would get the sale price) but I wonder what the heck is
going on because the package was all shrink wrapped etc

Who cares? This isnt rec.adobe.whine.whine.whine.

Quite a lot of folks who maybe contemplating
a new image editor, don't be parochial.
Old January 11th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
william kossack

Update.

Went back and picked up a new box. This one worked.

Looks like a problem with the bar coding. Looking at the box that was
an upgrade with the people at Office Max there was a brief descriptor
Upg in the text with the bar code but nothing else on the box etc to
identify it as an upgrade....

Old January 11th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Not4wood

Thanks for the information, glad it worked out. We have lots of people here
who have no idea what Advanced Color Management Programs are and why they
should be discussed as well here as part of photography, let alone are able
to read.

Ignore them, they just like to see themselves in print and have nothing else
to do but play with there blocks and watch toons.

Not4wood