What LCD monitor do many of you use?

Old November 14th 05, 02:52 PM
GT

Default What LCD monitor do many of you use?

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote in message
t...
For those here that use an LCD monitor on their computer to work with
digital photos, which monitor do you use? And of those that also game,
what monitor did you choose?

I just made a purchase, and want to see how it stacks up to what others
in this group own. I bought a Hyundai 19" L90D+. Hopefully a good
balance between performance and color response.

I use a 19" IIyama CRT. I can't stand LCD screens - the viewing anlges are
rubbish and the resolutions are very poor. I use 1920x1200 resolution and
until there is a 17" LCD screen on the market that can display anything
close to that and be viewed by 2 people at the same time, then don't bother
buying them - all they have in their favour are that they look nicer than
big bulky CRTs and use less power.

Sorry, nothing personal, I just felt like a rant! Back into my hole now...

Old November 14th 05, 05:35 PM
Martin

"GT" wrote in message
g.com...
[...]

I agree. I'm not impressed with LCD TV's either. For me, the best image
still comes from a CRT. More hype than substance me thinks.

Martin

Old November 14th 05, 08:21 PM
Scott Schuckert

I use an Apple Studio display for general use. It's pretty good for an
LCD, but there's not an LCD on the market with the dynamic range of a
good CRT. My old17" Mitsubishi Diamondtron kicks the Studio Display's
butt for photos.

LCD's are sold because they save space and energy, they look cool, and
THE MANUFACTURERS MAKE A LOT MORE MONEY.
Old November 14th 05, 08:34 PM
Stephen Poley

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:52:06 -0000, "GT"
wrote:

[...]

Well, I've just changed from a 17" Compaq CRT to a 19" Ilyama LCD, and I
find it a big improvement. To be more specific: a small improvement for
photo's and an immense improvement for text.

OK, it's not a completely fair comparison because the CRT was over three
years old and they doubtless deteriorate with age. But I'm happy.

Oh, and the speakers on the Ilyama are rubbish. But I've just taken the
speakers that came with the Compaq and use them instead.

--
Stephen Poley