D200 images, real this time at last?

Old October 28th 05, 06:40 AM
ThomasH

Default D200 images, real this time at last?

....or some more "fakes," this is seemingly a hobby nowadays
to fabricate such images...

http://www.dearingfilm.com/d200.html

Thomas

Old October 28th 05, 05:16 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

ThomasH writes:

...or some more "fakes," this is seemingly a hobby nowadays
to fabricate such images...

http://www.dearingfilm.com/d200.html

Fascinating. Seems like those almost *have* to be in violation of an
NDA, and the site is easily and directly traceable to the probably
owner (dearingfilm.com seems to be owned by Joshua Dearing at an
address in Los Angeles).

At least I *finally* figured out the incentive for some of the fake
picture postings -- this site has google ads down the side, which
means he's getting paid for the hits. Not to say *this* site is also
a fake; the pictures look professional, in fact.
Old October 28th 05, 09:39 PM
Nikon User

In article ,
"GTO" wrote:

If they are fabricated, then it's a good job. Quite convincing.

Photoshop is your friend.
Old October 29th 05, 06:11 AM
MarkČ

Nikon User wrote:
In article ,
"GTO" wrote:

If they are fabricated, then it's a good job. Quite convincing.

Photoshop is your friend.

That's what all the skeptics said with the 5D, but it was the real deal as I
believed.
This one looks just as legitimate.
Plus...Phil on Dpreview practically confirmed its legitimacy in his rant
about how thinly veiled camera manufacturer's are becoming these days with
all these carefullytimed "leaks".
They should even be called leaks...they should be called "priming the pump"
by the manufacturers...

Perhaps another dinner-in-Tokyo bet, David?

Old October 29th 05, 06:27 AM
David J. Littleboy

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote:
Nikon User wrote:
In article ,
"GTO" wrote:

If they are fabricated, then it's a good job. Quite convincing.

Photoshop is your friend.

That's what all the skeptics said with the 5D, but it was the real deal as
I believed.

When I read this line I thought to myself "Drat, I'm going to have to pay
up."

Perhaps another dinner-in-Tokyo bet, David?

No bet. Besides, I have no need of a low-resolution noise box.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan