Extension rings for macro

Old October 27th 09, 04:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Outing Trolls is Unending!

Default Extension rings for macro

Finger-slip typo correction. 20 30

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:57:45 -0700, Paul Furman
wrote:

Remove the microscope eyepiece.
Nothing but the microscope objective and the sensor.

Not going to waste my time addressing all your other inexperienced
DSLR-Troll's bull****. Hell, it's even not worth bothering reading more
after this bit o' crap spewing from that ****-hole you might think is a
brain. But letting you know the blatant error in just one comment of yours
might, JUST MIGHT, make you start to see how amazingly stupid you appear to
the whole world with every post you make, and no doubt will ever make.

For the good of the knowledge of humanity someone needs to go to your home
and rip your computer out and smash it into a thousand bits. You have yet
to post even ONE piece of valid photography advice to anyone.

The standard eyepiece barrel of all microscopes is only 30mm in diameter.
You cannot make that wider without designing a whole new microscope.
Measure the diameter of the entrance pupil of your camera lenses. Can you
get them to match?

Now go get a large axe or sledge and hit yourself in your pathetically
ignorant and stupid head with it. Repeatedly.

Hit yourself again once more for wasting the time of people who are far
more valuable than you have ever been or will ever be. Wasting their
valuable time and expertise in having to correct your obnoxious,
relentless, and overwhelmingly blatant displays of ignorance and stupidity,
again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again
and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and

Old October 27th 09, 09:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Gerrit

"Wilba" wrote in message
Gerrit wrote:

I live in Western Australia ...

Perth? (Albany me.)

Albany

Old October 27th 09, 10:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wilba[_3_]

Gerrit wrote:
Wilba wrote:
Gerrit wrote:

I live in Western Australia ...

Perth? (Albany me.)

Albany

Yay! Hometown boy. How will I recognise you if we bump into each other
around Lake Sepping, The Wind Farm, etc? :- )

Old October 27th 09, 05:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Paul Furman wrote:

Remove the microscope eyepiece.
Nothing but the microscope objective and the sensor.

The standard eyepiece barrel of all microscopes is only 30mm in diameter.
You cannot make that wider without designing a whole new microscope.
Measure the diameter of the entrance pupil of your camera lenses. Can you
get them to match?

Read the links. I'm more familiar with the concept of low power
microscope objectives on a long bellows. Some of those will project onto
large format film. The other option is a special 'eyepiece' for
projecting a normal microscope onto a larger sensor. Either way there's
no ordinary camera lens in the mix.

I'm talking about non-afocal, meaning nothing but the microscope objective and the sensor. Read the link:
http://www.photomacrography.net/foru...pic.php?t=8268
and this:
http://www.photomacrography.net/foru...pic.php?t=1521

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old October 27th 09, 07:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Outing Trolls is Unending!

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:05:40 -0700, Paul Furman
wrote:

Read the links. I'm more familiar with the concept of low power
microscope objectives on a long bellows. Some of those will project onto
large format film. The other option is a special 'eyepiece' for
projecting a normal microscope onto a larger sensor. Either way there's
no ordinary camera lens in the mix.

Right, so you are willing to degrade the image with a "special eyepiece"
adapter to relay the image to fit the sensor, rather than relying on a lens
that is already of diffraction-limited quality (the best there is), the one
that already comes included on the P&S camera.

You are such an idiot. I'm not even going to bother to try to correct your
ignorance further. I'll just let you continually make a fool of yourself.
At least then the humor that you provide, to the world and those that know
more than you ever will, will pay for your useless existence. Free stand-up
comedy on usenet. That's all you are at this point, you do realize that,
don't you? LOVED those CPU animations you did. All those hours wasted, all
that expense, all that wrong-tool-for-the job that you tried to justify. I
laughed hysterically over that snapshooter's disaster of yours. LOL!!!!!!

Thanks!

Old October 28th 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Gerrit

"Wilba" wrote in message
Gerrit wrote:
Wilba wrote:
Gerrit wrote:

I live in Western Australia ...

Perth? (Albany me.)

Albany

Yay! Hometown boy. How will I recognise you if we bump into each other
around Lake Sepping, The Wind Farm, etc? :- )

I will be lying on the ground trying to hold my D50 still while focusing on
a flower.
You can't miss me. :-)

Old October 28th 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wilba[_3_]

Gerrit wrote:
Wilba wrote:
Gerrit wrote:
Wilba wrote:
Gerrit wrote:

I live in Western Australia ...

Perth? (Albany me.)

Albany

Yay! Hometown boy. How will I recognise you if we bump into each
other around Lake Sepping, The Wind Farm, etc? :- )

I will be lying on the ground trying to hold my D50 still while focusing
on a flower.
You can't miss me. :-)

OK. :- )

Have you seen the Flickr group? http://www.flickr.com/groups/albanywa/

Old October 28th 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Outing Trolls is Unending! wrote:

relentless, and overwhelmingly blatant displays of ignorance and stupidity,
again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again
and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and
again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again
and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and
again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again

[...]
BOOM!

Heh ... another troll busted. Thar it blows! Call in a hazmat
cleanup team, the stuff is full of stupitrons and bogosity.

-Wolfgang
Old October 28th 09, 05:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

wrote:

Read the links. I'm more familiar with the concept of low power
microscope objectives on a long bellows. Some of those will project onto
large format film. The other option is a special 'eyepiece' for
projecting a normal microscope onto a larger sensor. Either way there's
no ordinary camera lens in the mix.

Right, so you are willing to degrade the image with a "special eyepiece"
adapter to relay the image to fit the sensor, rather than relying on a lens
that is already of diffraction-limited quality (the best there is), the one
that already comes included on the P&S camera.

That's another lens. The regular microscope eyepiece plus the P&S zoom
lens. Read the links. I'm talking about just the special eyepiece, or
just the microscope objective. I was tinkering around with an old
projector lens (looks like a microscope objective) that I assumed
projected too small an image circle but in fact it works fine on the end
of a bellows. I'm not sure, maybe the special eyepiece is just needed
because the hole on top of the scope is too small but if you put the
objective on a bellows, that will fill a 35mm frame.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old October 28th 09, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Floyd L. Davidson

Paul Furman wrote:
That's another lens. The regular microscope eyepiece plus the P&S zoom
lens. Read the links. I'm talking about just the special eyepiece, or
just the microscope objective. I was tinkering around with an old
projector lens (looks like a microscope objective) that I assumed
projected too small an image circle but in fact it works fine on the end
of a bellows. I'm not sure, maybe the special eyepiece is just needed
because the hole on top of the scope is too small but if you put the
objective on a bellows, that will fill a 35mm frame.

Microscope objectives are commonly used in matched sets,
where the objective and the ocular have complimentary
corrections built in. For that reason it is generally
not reasonable to use objectives from one company with
oculars from a different company.

And by the same token, for best results with photography
there needs to be some selection too. If a "relay lens"
is used, it should match the objective for the purpose
of correcting various aberrations. It should also match
the camera's sensor size for the purpose of providing
coverage.

Some objectives basically put all of the correction into
the objective, and do not need a matching correction in
the ocular. Those objectives, or at least the ones with
relatively low power that will provide sufficient
coverage, can be mounted on a bellows for good results.

Typically for that purpose an objective designed for
metallurgy is used, because they are not corrected for
use with a slip cover over the object being viewed. (Of
course if the object to be photographed *is* mounted on
a slide, and does have a slip cover, then the objective
should be one that is corrected for the appropriate
thickness of the slip cover.)

All of which is to say that microscope objectives can
indeed be used as a camera lens (for DSLR's, but P&S
cameras are simply not optimal for this use due to the
non-removable lens), but it is not just a case of
picking up whatever one can find and trying it.
Selection for the intended use is necessary.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)