scanning negs & slides...

Old April 17th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

Default scanning negs & slides...

I have a Minolta Dimage 35mm film scanner and I end up having to do a
lot of work in Photoshop to remove the dust specs. Without building a
clean room of sorts, does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the
amount of dust on my shots?

Thanks,
Jim

Old April 22nd 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

In article .com,
"Kernix" wrote:

I have a Minolta Dimage 35mm film scanner and I end up having to do a
lot of work in Photoshop to remove the dust specs. Without building a
clean room of sorts, does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the
amount of dust on my shots?

I found I had to use a hurricane blower, then brush with a Lenspen
brush, then use the blower again. Make sure you get into the corners.
Then use Polaroid's free Dust and Scratch Remover plugin for Photoshop
Elements to remove the small spots (Minolta's Dust Brush software is not
very good). Then take out any big lumps with the healing brush in PE.

It is a lot of work, isn't it? Shoulda kept our slides cleaner. :-(