Faint prints from my Epson 2000P

Old December 19th 04, 03:13 PM
Stuart

Default Faint prints from my Epson 2000P

My repair shop just replaced the printer head on my Epson 2000P (because it
was printing small red lines in all my prints), but now, the prints are only
about half as dark as the actual image. Some web sites suggest it's likely
a printer driver issue. Before the repair, I installed what I understood
was a newer driver for the 2000P to use with my XP Pro.

When I try to re-install the original driver that came with my printer 18
months ago, Microsoft says it's not necessarily compatible with XP and warns
me not to install it. I believe the "XP compatible" driver from the Epson
site is installed, but that's the one that may be making it print light.
Also, I haven't installed Service Pack 2, so I don't think that's the
problem. I'd appreciate any suggestions! Thanks, Stuart

Old December 19th 04, 10:28 PM
MarkČ

"Stuart" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

You need not be afraid to install over the warning from Microsoft. All that
means is that Epson didn't jump through the set of annoying hoops Microsoft
expected them to for "certification" or whatever they call it. Some
software installation instructions actually TELL you to ignore this, while
others don't.

It IS possible that it won't work correctly, but the worst that can happen
is that you would just uninstall it if it is problematic.

Old December 24th 04, 05:49 PM
me

"Stuart" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Make certain that your printer is not set to "Economy", this is an ink
saving setting that will result in light prints.
Film, Ahhhh!
me