Cheap Apple

Old November 14th 17, 12:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Cheap Apple

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

I have a perfectly fine Windows
desktop and laptop that have never caused me a problem, and see no
reason to switch to a Mac.

So why get one out of curiosity. I don't understand teh logic, why a you'd compare
a modern PC with a 10 year old mac what's the point ?

there is no point.

It's worse than me buying vista to see what windows software is like.

pretty much.

or buying a blackberry to 'try out this smartphone thing'. they were
the #1 smartphone around when the macbook in question was new.
Old November 14th 17, 05:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

I have a perfectly fine Windows
desktop and laptop that have never caused me a problem, and see no
reason to switch to a Mac.

So why get one out of curiosity. I don't understand teh logic, why a you'd
compare a modern PC with a 10 year old mac what's the point ?
It's worse than me buying vista to see what windows software is like.

Just for the fun of it. If I bought one, I could tell people I have a
Mac and a Windows PC, but the Window PC is better and watch the Mac
people's heads explode.

You could but anyone that knows better would just laugh and walk off.

yep.
Old November 14th 17, 05:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Anyone who reads this group knows that Mac people have no sense of
humour when it comes to anything that they feel that is at all
dismissive of their pets.

That's not really true, but it does happen when the unknowledgable talk about
Macs and it's usualy those that know least that spout the most crap.

yep.

Such as yuo can't run word on a Mac there;s loads of software you can't run
on a Mac, while there's more software you can't run on a PC than a Mac.
PCs are better because they have a larger share of the market.
You know crap like that.

then they get all bent out of shape when they're shown to be completely
wrong, rather than learn something.

Sure they are harder to upgrade than a PC

it depends on the model, just like with a pc. some pcs are impossible
to upgrade, such as microsoft's surface laptop, a fact that the bashers
conveniently 'forget'.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Microsoft+Surface+Laptop+Teardown/92915
Verdict: The Surface Laptop is not a laptop. Itıs a glue-filled
monstrosity. There is nothing about it that is upgradable or
long-lasting, and it literally canıt be opened without destroying it.
(Show us the procedure, Microsoft, weıd love to be wrong.)

that's well beyond anything apple ever did.

but then again my 3 year-old iMac I
haven;t needed to replace the graphics card or the SSD/HD or anything else.
There was a time when computers needed parts changing almost every hour when
the valves blew but we're past that now, even PCs don't need to be upgraded
as often unless you are into gaming big time.
My 2010 mac mini is getting a bit slow now, bu I'm not planing on replacing
any individual part not worth the effort or cost, If I get a new iMac pro
I'll religate my iMac to my second/spare computer.

yep.

I really don't want to spend time replacing computer parts any more than I want
to change an exhaust pipe.

yep.

I don't like photos the app and I don't like apple mail.

photos is fine, but apple mail is a buggy mess.
Old November 14th 17, 05:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/14/2017 11:04 AM, nospam wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

I have a perfectly fine Windows
desktop and laptop that have never caused me a problem, and see no
reason to switch to a Mac.

So why get one out of curiosity. I don't understand teh logic, why a you'd
compare a modern PC with a 10 year old mac what's the point ?
It's worse than me buying vista to see what windows software is like.

Just for the fun of it. If I bought one, I could tell people I have a
Mac and a Windows PC, but the Window PC is better and watch the Mac
people's heads explode.

You could but anyone that knows better would just laugh and walk off.

yep.

ROFLMAO

You clearly made Tony's point

--
PeterN

Old November 14th 17, 06:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/14/2017 11:59 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:

Whisky-dave wrote:

I have a perfectly fine Windows
desktop and laptop that have never caused me a problem, and see no
reason to switch to a Mac.

So why get one out of curiosity. I don't understand teh logic, why a you'd
compare a modern PC with a 10 year old mac what's the point ?
It's worse than me buying vista to see what windows software is like.

Just for the fun of it. If I bought one, I could tell people I have a
Mac and a Windows PC, but the Window PC is better and watch the Mac
people's heads explode.

You could but anyone that knows better would just laugh and walk off.

yep.

ROFLMAO

You clearly made Tony's point

The sad thing is they don't get it.

They jump to their keyboard and start banging out a litany of Macfacts
that all Macusers already know...preaching to the choir. And,
Macfacts that dedicated Window users don't give a **** about.

No one has ever been convinced to switch from Windows to a Mac because
of any of the arguments presented in this group. Windows users, by
and large, have a reason to stick to Windows and aren't influenced by
any of the rhetoric in this group.

Some users do switch from Windows-based PCs to Macs. We all
understand that, but their reasons are not based on what they read
here. They are making informed decisions based on their own needs.

I tested PS on a Mac for over a week, and saw no real difference between
a Mac and my PC. (Watch the knee jerking jerks, now.)
Further up the line I stated my reasons for getting the monitor I use.
The reaction, which I am now going to ignore, is only that the Retina is
a better monitor.
We have all noticed the number of images posted by the Appleseeds.

--
PeterN
Old November 14th 17, 06:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

The sad thing is they don't get it.

they get that there are apple haters who have absolutely nothing better
to do than bash.

They jump to their keyboard and start banging out a litany of Macfacts
that all Macusers already know...preaching to the choir. And,
Macfacts that dedicated Window users don't give a **** about.

you asked what appeared to be an honest question and received helpful
and honest answers.

you have now admitted you were lying and being your usual asshole self,
then trying to blame mac users for being helpful.

No one has ever been convinced to switch from Windows to a Mac because
of any of the arguments presented in this group.

you have absolutely no way of knowing that.

Windows users, by
and large, have a reason to stick to Windows and aren't influenced by
any of the rhetoric in this group.

the only reasons are because they're stubbornly stuck in their ways and
not wanting to try anything new, and because they hate apple.

millions of people are switching *to* mac every single day, with over
half of apple's mac sales to new mac users, i.e., switchers, and that's
been the case for *years*.

Some users do switch from Windows-based PCs to Macs. We all
understand that, but their reasons are not based on what they read
here. They are making informed decisions based on their own needs.

what a load of bull****.

the only way to make an informed decision is if all the facts are
known, something which you do not want.

you said above:
And, Macfacts that dedicated Window users don't give a **** about.

those 'macfacts' are the very facts for someone to make an informed
decision, which you clearly do *not* want to happen.

you are a lying hypocrite.
Old November 14th 17, 06:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I tested PS on a Mac for over a week, and saw no real difference between
a Mac and my PC. (Watch the knee jerking jerks, now.)

what differences were you expecting?

and you didn't try it on a retina 5k imac, so your test is not relevant.

Further up the line I stated my reasons for getting the monitor I use.
The reaction, which I am now going to ignore, is only that the Retina is
a better monitor.

as i said, just about everyone considers the retina imac 5k to be the
best display around.

you are *assuming* it's not as good as whatever you have.
Old November 14th 17, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

The sad thing is they don't get it.

they get that there are apple haters who have absolutely nothing better
to do than bash.

You have a strange understanding of what the word "hate" means.
There's no "hate" involved in not wanting to join the Mac brigade.

saying 'join the mac brigade' clearly indicates hatred.

You also have a strange understanding of the word "bash". Most of
what you regard as "bashing" is simply expressing a lack of interest
in something. What is "bashed", using the true sense of the word, is
the stick-up-the-ass people like you who denigrate non-Mac-users for
no good reason and make wild claims.

i do not denigrate anyone.

not only are you overflowing with hatred, but you lie about it.

the rest of your bull**** snipped.
Old November 14th 17, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:59:44 -0500, Tony Cooper
wrote:

No one has ever been convinced to switch from Windows to a Mac because
of any of the arguments presented in this group.

Don't be so sure. I am certainly persuaded to look closely into Macs
when I next need a new computer, and it's because of the arguments on
this group. This is the first setting where I've been exposed to
extensive back and forth on the subject, and there are knowledgeable
folks on both sides here.