Circuit City vs Best Buy

Old February 7th 04, 05:32 PM
Mark A

Default Circuit City vs Best Buy

"George Preddy" wrote in message
I actually prefer purchasing at a store with a very limited return

policy.
Otherwise, you are more likely to get a product that was purchased and
returned by someone else. That happened to me with a clothes dryer

purchased
from CC.

Then again, if that happens at BB, they'll charge you $150 on a $1000
camera.
]

I don't follow your twisted logic.

Old February 7th 04, 06:16 PM
George Preddy

"Mark A" wrote in message
"George Preddy" wrote in message
I actually prefer purchasing at a store with a very limited return

policy.
Otherwise, you are more likely to get a product that was purchased and
returned by someone else. That happened to me with a clothes dryer

purchased
from CC.

Then again, if that happens at BB, they'll charge you $150 on a $1000
camera.
]

I don't follow your twisted logic.

Simple, if BB gives you an already-returned camera it cost's you $150 to
switch it for a new one. If CC pulls that, it costs you nothing to switch
it for a new one. Still don't follow?

Old February 7th 04, 06:26 PM
Mark A

I actually prefer purchasing at a store with a very limited return
policy.
Otherwise, you are more likely to get a product that was purchased

and
returned by someone else. That happened to me with a clothes dryer
purchased
from CC.

Then again, if that happens at BB, they'll charge you $150 on a $1000
camera.
]

I don't follow your twisted logic.

Simple, if BB gives you an already-returned camera it cost's you $150 to
switch it for a new one. If CC pulls that, it costs you nothing to switch
it for a new one. Still don't follow?

I guarantee that you that can return a camera to BB if you saw that it was
returned by someone else. If you waited 2 weeks to notice that it might be a
different problem.

This is basically the same discussion people have about B&H Photo. They want
the cheapest price, a liberal return policy, and friendly knowledgeable
staff. You can't have everything. If you want to pay more for the extra
things, go ahead. Usually I don't want to.

Old February 8th 04, 01:25 PM
George Preddy

"Mark A" wrote in message
[...]

I guarantee you that you cannot. If it was opened that is much worse from
their perspective and there is no way you can prove it wasn't you. They
absolutely will not budge on their policy.

This is basically the same discussion people have about B&H Photo. They

want
the cheapest price, a liberal return policy, and friendly knowledgeable
staff. You can't have everything. If you want to pay more for the extra
things, go ahead. Usually I don't want to.

It depends. For digital cameras there is obviously a high enough return
rate that BB charges you just to take it out of the store, if people never
returned them they wouldn't do that. CC is a much better deal if you've
haven't had the opportunity to use the camera for a sustained period of time
before you buy. B&H doesn't hassle you either, but there are shipping/ins
costs involved too. Whatever... it is hard to argue no restocking fee is
worse than 15% or more.