Photo Library

Old May 4th 05, 09:31 PM
JackN

Default Photo Library

Anyone any experience of FotoLibra? Good or bad? they have a website and
they're advertising in UK camera mags.

Old May 4th 05, 09:45 PM
Beck

"JackN" wrote in message
Anyone any experience of FotoLibra? Good or bad? they have a website and
they're advertising in UK camera mags.

I signed up with them but never used them. I was unable to provide 20mb+
sizes for individual images.

Old May 4th 05, 09:57 PM
Beck

"Russell" wrote in message
20MB? Rules Digital out then, unless you resize in Photoshop.

I recall a thread in one of the magazie forums the owner of the company took
part in the thread. Something was mentioned about using huge tiff files or
interpolation?

Old May 4th 05, 10:02 PM
Russell

I must admit, TIFF and BMP files were the first thing which crossed my mind.

Image size is not a true representation on the image quality. Therefore,
they do not sound like a reputable company. I can make a 1MP file 20Mb, but
the image quality will be terrible.

Old May 4th 05, 10:29 PM
Beck

"Russell" wrote in message
I must admit, TIFF and BMP files were the first thing which crossed my
mind.

Image size is not a true representation on the image quality. Therefore,
they do not sound like a reputable company. I can make a 1MP file 20Mb,
but
the image quality will be terrible.

This was discussed with them in the forum and they were insistant that most
companies would want to buy those sizes so they could easily make larger
prints bigger than poster size. I am trying to find the thread but I cannot
remember which forum it was for.

Old May 4th 05, 10:33 PM
Beck

"Russell" wrote in message
I must admit, TIFF and BMP files were the first thing which crossed my
mind.

Image size is not a true representation on the image quality. Therefore,
they do not sound like a reputable company. I can make a 1MP file 20Mb,
but
the image quality will be terrible.

http://www.dcmag.co.uk/forum/forumme...last/1/V/1/SP/

Start off with the post from Jacqui Norman the owner, about 6-7 posts down.
The thread continues properly from there.

Old May 4th 05, 10:34 PM
Beck

"Russell" wrote in message
I must admit, TIFF and BMP files were the first thing which crossed my
mind.

Image size is not a true representation on the image quality. Therefore,
they do not sound like a reputable company. I can make a 1MP file 20Mb,
but
the image quality will be terrible.

Sorry I linked the last page.
Start off with
http://www.dcmag.co.uk/forum/forumme...0/cp/1/v/1/sp/

Old May 5th 05, 09:25 AM
srm

Russell wrote:

Image size is not a true representation on the image quality. Therefore,
they do not sound like a reputable company. I can make a 1MP file 20Mb,
but the image quality will be terrible.

This is typical of photo libraries. The one I'm with also specifies 20Mb+
files. When I supply scanned 35mm & 6x7cm this isn't a problem as the files
are generally 40-80Mb. On digital, I mostly shoot Jpeg/fine but then
convert these to Tiff (because there's then no degradation of quality if I
do any editing on the files). The Tiffs generally run out at about 16Mb and
the library is happy to accept these. However, it then interpolates them
itself before supplying to clients. If you know what your doing with
interpolation, the results can be very good - though, of course, you're
not /really/ adding anything.

--
@+