Nikon D50 overexposes

Old July 18th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Default Nikon D50 overexposes

Little Green Eyed Dragon wrote:
In article ,
"Sheldon" wrote:

Check the settings in the camera and try your lens on another camera. Your
results tend to make .

Yawn This really is starting to sound familiar.

So what.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old July 18th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ilaab

"3putt" wrote in message

You buy Sigma lenses to put on a Nikon body?

Sorry dude, your problems start and end with the glass in front of the
camera.

--
http://www.nikongear.com/

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I also drive a Ford, wishing it were a Toyota.
I, as well as many in this group, am looking for suggestions, not
criticism.

3putt, I'm beginning to wonder if your combination of a Nikon body with a
Sigma lens didn't instigate the war between Hezbollah and Israel. Watch it
next time!
Ilaab

Old July 18th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
3putt

" I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I also drive a Ford, wishing it were a Toyota.
I, as well as many in this group, am looking for suggestions, not
criticism.

3putt, I'm beginning to wonder if your combination of a Nikon body with a
Sigma lens didn't instigate the war between Hezbollah and Israel. Watch it
next time!
Ilaab

Hey! Probably not. You should see the discussions in rec.sport.golf.
Anyway, I visited the camera shop and he recommended a couple of settings be
changed. The 70-300mm Canon lens has been on backorder for the past 6
months. The Sigma was loaned until one comes in. I've taken more ourdoor
shots today and have yet to look at them.

Old July 18th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
3putt

A D50 that isn´t defective does _not_ overexpose or make unsharp pictures.

Maybe the problem is in front or behind the camera-house

--
Med venlig hilsen, Ole Larsen.

Thanks, I'll take that into consideration.

Old July 18th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Little Green Eyed Dragon

"Sheldon" wrote:

Check the settings in the camera and try your lens on another camera.
Your
results tend to make .

Yawn This really is starting to sound familiar.

So what.

Paying attention is an attribute, not a privilege.

--
Would thou choose to meet a rat eating dragon, or
a dragon, eating rat? The answer of: I am somewhere
Old July 19th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bruce

I had the opposite problem with my D70. Sorted it by using RAW and reading
up on Histograms, which basically boils down to taking a meter reading (spot
reading in manual mode) and after taking the photo checking the Histogram &
adjusting it by altering the f stop rather than the EV. This is a good
starting point, then read the instructions in more detail.

Bruce

Old July 19th 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bigguy

You *want* a Toyota?

I'm beginning to think you are a very strange fella. I wouldn't give a
person a Thank You if they gave me a Toyota (and yes, I drive a Ford).
Japanese cars are all crap, IMO.

But the really reliable, start first time kinda crap.... ;-)

Guy

Old July 19th 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
J. Clarke

DD wrote:

In article ,
says...

You buy Sigma lenses to put on a Nikon body?

Sorry dude, your problems start and end with the glass in front of the
camera.

--
http://www.nikongear.com/

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I also drive a Ford, wishing it were a Toyota.
I, as well as many in this group, am looking for suggestions, not
criticism.

You *want* a Toyota?

I'm beginning to think you are a very strange fella. I wouldn't give a
person a Thank You if they gave me a Toyota (and yes, I drive a Ford).
Japanese cars are all crap, IMO.

Had one Toyota, changed the engine every 10,000 miles. People always tell
me I must have "abused it". Well maybe I did, but I abused it the same way
that I abused the Volvo that it replaced (Volvo was running fine at 80,000
and while we were in Hell of a lot better shape than the drunk in the Pinto
the Volvo was no longer useful afterwards) and the Corvette that replaced
it (running fine at 100,000, just plain needed more room) and the Jeep that
replaced that (75,000 so far with no problems).

But to get back on topic, Sigma lenses are well known for their sample
variations. Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes you don't. Sounds
like you got a bad one.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old July 19th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
3putt

Had one Toyota, changed the engine every 10,000 miles. People always tell
me I must have "abused it". Well maybe I did, but I abused it the same
way
that I abused the Volvo that it replaced (Volvo was running fine at 80,000
and while we were in Hell of a lot better shape than the drunk in the
Pinto
the Volvo was no longer useful afterwards) and the Corvette that replaced
it (running fine at 100,000, just plain needed more room) and the Jeep
that
replaced that (75,000 so far with no problems).

I'm sure you read the manual incorrectly. Change the oil, not the engine!
I had a Toyota MR2 and had it for 160,000 miles. Traded it 3 years ago, and
I still see it now and then.

Old July 20th 06, 07:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
J. Clarke

3putt wrote:

Had one Toyota, changed the engine every 10,000 miles. People always
tell
me I must have "abused it". Well maybe I did, but I abused it the same
way
that I abused the Volvo that it replaced (Volvo was running fine at
80,000 and while we were in Hell of a lot better shape than the drunk in
the Pinto
the Volvo was no longer useful afterwards) and the Corvette that replaced
it (running fine at 100,000, just plain needed more room) and the Jeep
that
replaced that (75,000 so far with no problems).

I'm sure you read the manual incorrectly. Change the oil, not the
engine!

Another illiterate netloon heard from.

I had a Toyota MR2 and had it for 160,000 miles. Traded it 3 years ago,
and I still see it now and then.

Well goody for you.

plonk