Start of Daylight Time: Have you changed your camera clocks?

Old April 3rd 05, 03:39 PM
Steve Gavette

Default Start of Daylight Time: Have you changed your camera clocks?

"Gary Edstrom" wrote in message

P.S: 1. Yes, I know that I could keep my camera on GMT so that I would
never have to adjust it, but it's too much of a hassle to mentally
convert GMT to local time every time I look at the picture.

Or move to Arizona.

Old April 3rd 05, 04:14 PM
David J Taylor

Gary Edstrom wrote:
For those of you who like to have correct time stamps on your
pictures, remember to set the clock in your still and/or video camera
to the correct time.

You're a week out as far as Europe is concerned....

David

Old April 3rd 05, 04:33 PM
Don Stauffer

Steve Gavette wrote:

"Gary Edstrom" wrote in message

P.S: 1. Yes, I know that I could keep my camera on GMT so that I would
never have to adjust it, but it's too much of a hassle to mentally
convert GMT to local time every time I look at the picture.

Or move to Arizona.

Or get one of the new radio controlled clocks, sometimes called atomic
clocks. They automatically set themselves for daylight savings and
return. And they are no longer expensive. I have a clock radio now with
that kind of clock- cost 25 bucks which is the same price as others not
of this type. I have yet to buy a watch of that type, but probably will
shortly- they are down to 35 bucks.

They are slaved to NIST's atomic clock by low frequency radio waves.
Sort of like listening to WWV, but this low frequency signal is a
digital code that the clock decodes and uses to sync time.

Old April 3rd 05, 05:19 PM
Paul J Gans

In rec.photo.digital Gary Edstrom wrote:
For those of you who like to have correct time stamps on your pictures,
remember to set the clock in your still and/or video camera to the
correct time.

Thanks. I'd have forgotten otherwise.

---- Paul J. Gans

Old April 3rd 05, 06:36 PM
Captain Slick

"Gary Edstrom" wrote in message
For those of you who like to have correct time stamps on your pictures,
remember to set the clock in your still and/or video camera to the
correct time.

When is it a good time to replace the little "watch" battery in your
camcorder? Every two years? Five years?