Canon EOS 1Ds MkII Preview - MF encroachment

Old September 21st 04, 05:42 PM
Alan Browne

Default Canon EOS 1Ds MkII Preview - MF encroachment

Deryck Lant wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos1dsmkii/

This is starting to edge into MF digital capabilities... with a
camera system that is lower cost than a back... definitely more
than enough for the most demanding magazines and probably more
than enough for high quality book printing.

The images at the Canon site are very detailed and clean.

potential print o/p (inches)

dpi: 300 250 200 150 133 72

pix
4992 16.6 20.0 25.0 33.3 37.5 69.3
3328 11.1 13.3 16.6 22.2 25.0 46.2

Cheers,
Alan

Old September 21st 04, 07:30 PM
Simon Stanmore

"Brian C. Baird" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...
The images at the Canon site are very detailed and clean.

I'm drooling as we speak. I've open one in Photoshop to tweak it... but
I'm afraid to. It looks too good.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Run a luminosity layered 400/0.3/0 USM over the portrait. This cam' could
become a studio favourite
--
Simon
http://www.pbase.com/phoenikz

Old September 22nd 04, 01:43 AM
Ryadia

Alan Browne wrote:
Deryck Lant wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos1dsmkii/

This is starting to edge into MF digital capabilities... with a camera
system that is lower cost than a back... definitely more than enough for
the most demanding magazines and probably more than enough for high
quality book printing.

The images at the Canon site are very detailed and clean.

potential print o/p (inches)

dpi: 300 250 200 150 133 72

pix
4992 16.6 20.0 25.0 33.3 37.5 69.3
3328 11.1 13.3 16.6 22.2 25.0 46.2

Cheers,
Alan

Potential image size? Surely you jest Alan?
Digital images enlarge to somewhat unusually big sizes via a process
called Interpolation and before you start... Every time you send an
image to your Epson inkjet printer, the printer driver interpolates the
image.

This just a tiny peek at potential image size. Any blown highlights are
due to my digicam taking the photo of the photo. Broadband stuff here. 2
minute download via dialup - be warned:
http://www.technoaussie.com/ryadia/

Ryadia

Old September 22nd 04, 03:18 AM
Bill Bannon

Nice write-up on interpolation. One thing you don't mention, though, is
what software you prefer. I have downloaded trial versions of Genuine
Fractals and Photozoom Pro. Both seem to work well. What are your
thoughts?

Bill B