205TCC

Old September 19th 04, 04:48 PM
Martin Francis

Default 205TCC

I am on the verge of ordering some Hasselblad gear now- and i've been set on
a 503CW with 50mm, 100mm (and either 150mm or 180mm at a later date), PME90
and CW Winder. I am still reasonably sure this is what I want, although i've
found a nicely priced 205TCC somewhere and am giving it consideration. For
one, i'd like the faster glass.

A few questions, then;

F vs. FE- the same place that has the 205 has a 150mm FE at a good price
too, so no problems there, but I have yet to find the 110mm FE for a price
i'd be willing to pay. I have, however, found the F version (and I already
have a 50mm CF). I understand i'd need to do stopdown metering, but is the
AE mode affected by the lack of databus connections?

Prism- the 205TCC appears to have built in spotmetering- all well and good.
I take it, then, that the PM90 would be an ideal substitute for the PME90.
Will they work on the 205? Can the PME90 metering be used to supplement the
in-body metering?

no, and yes...."

Old September 19th 04, 06:57 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Martin Francis wrote:

I am on the verge of ordering some Hasselblad gear now- and i've been set

on
a 503CW with 50mm, 100mm (and either 150mm or 180mm at a later date),

PME90
and CW Winder. I am still reasonably sure this is what I want, although

i've
found a nicely priced 205TCC somewhere and am giving it consideration. For
one, i'd like the faster glass.

A few questions, then;

F vs. FE- the same place that has the 205 has a 150mm FE at a good price
too, so no problems there, but I have yet to find the 110mm FE for a price
i'd be willing to pay. I have, however, found the F version (and I already
have a 50mm CF). I understand i'd need to do stopdown metering, but is the
AE mode affected by the lack of databus connections?

Yes.
You will have to do stop-down metering. Like you said.
That means using the lens manually stopped down, all the time.

Prism- the 205TCC appears to have built in spotmetering- all well and

good.
I take it, then, that the PM90 would be an ideal substitute for the PME90.
Will they work on the 205? Can the PME90 metering be used to supplement

the
in-body metering?

Yes, the PM90 would be a good substitute.

And yes, the PME 90, with additional center weighed and incident light
metering can supplement the spot metering the 205 offers.
You will have to transfer setting to the camera and lens manually of course.

But if you are considering a PME anyway, it may be good to reconsider
getting a 205, and stay with your original choice of 503 CW.
Or look for a 2003 FCW, which will take the faster lenses too.

Old September 19th 04, 08:12 PM
Martin Francis

"Q.G. de Bakker" wrote in message
Yes, the PM90 would be a good substitute.

And yes, the PME 90, with additional center weighed and incident light
metering can supplement the spot metering the 205 offers.
You will have to transfer setting to the camera and lens manually of

course.

But if you are considering a PME anyway, it may be good to reconsider
getting a 205, and stay with your original choice of 503 CW.
Or look for a 2003 FCW, which will take the faster lenses too.

Thanks Q.G., as always...

I think i'm tempted just to pick up the 503CW (I like the winder better) and
maybe one day get an old 2000 series (or a Rollei) and 110mm just for fun...

no, and yes...."