a portrait - Ellen DeGeneres (link fix)

Old April 23rd 10, 02:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Bill Graham

Default a portrait - Ellen DeGeneres (link fix)

On 2010-04-20 16:20:41 -0700, "Peter" said:

"tony cooper" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 08:42:09 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

The sad thing is those homosexual catholics (yes there are quite a few)
who have their loving relationships denied by their faith. They more
than any others have been abandoned by their church.

Aren't the homosexual Baptists, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, Mormons,
etc also abandoned by their church? The Episcopalians, more than any
other denomination, are having problems here. That's the only major
player that I can think of where churches have divided over the issue.

In other religions it is well known that many of the ordained leaders are
gay, but they are not open about it.
In the Episcopalian church some of the ordained leaders are openly gay. I
think that is the cause of much division.
Indeed IIRC Gene Robinson recently stated that same sex acts are
unnatural only for non-gays.

...and there is a split among Episcopalians due to that very issue.

Savageduck

Allow me to point out that many religious sects don't have as strong a
central leadership as the Catholics, so it is easier for splinter groups to
form whose particular beliefs differ from the original ones. With the
Catholics, there is only one central leader in the Vatican, so deviation is
much more difficult.

Old April 23rd 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Tell that to the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Savageduck

Old April 23rd 10, 03:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
J. Clarke

On 2010-04-20 16:20:41 -0700, "Peter"

wrote:

[...]

Tell what, that the Anglican Church leadership is not as strong as that
of the Roman Catholic, or that there is only one central leader of the
Roman Catholics, in the Vatican. I doubt he'd find either to be a
surprise. Or are you laboring under the misconception that the Anglican
church is Roman Catholic?

Old April 23rd 10, 05:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-04-22 18:01:24 -0700, "Bill Graham" said:

Allow me to point out that many religious sects don't have as strong a
central leadership as the Catholics, so it is easier for splinter
groups to form whose particular beliefs differ from the original ones.
With the Catholics, there is only one central leader in the Vatican,
so deviation is much more difficult.

Tell that to the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Tell what, that the Anglican Church leadership is not as strong as that
of the Roman Catholic, or that there is only one central leader of the
Roman Catholics, in the Vatican.

I was refering to the supposed leadership role of Canterbury for the CofE.

Aah! the CofE, & trans-Atlantic Episcopalians, or Catholic light.

I doubt he'd find either to be a surprise.

Agreed.

Or are you laboring under the misconception that the Anglican church is
Roman Catholic?

No, I am the product of an English mother, who had what can only be
described as "social" ties to the CofE, and an American Baptist father
who returned from the Pacific after WWII as a confirmed atheist. As a
child, my mother loosely aimed me at the church and missed.

So I am well aware of the structure and differences between the Roman
Catholic Church and CofE.

Savageduck