More Chinese plastic contamination

Old December 22nd 10, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

Default More Chinese plastic contamination

On 12/22/10 11:37 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Dec 22, 9:22*am, Bruce wrote:
RichA wrote:
Clothing sportswear firm Lululemon is *recalling all the reusable bags
they issued to customers over the last year. *Seems they are
contaminated with lead...Seems to be a recurring theme with Chinese
plastic products.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...22-703806.html

Moral of the story: *DO NOT EAT your plastic camera!

And wash your hands after sweating on it. Supposedly the largest lead
contamination source today (by volume) are computer, power and other
cables from China because the vinyl contains lead.

Don't forget the tinfoil gloves for your pinkies to go with that hat.

http://blog.franciscocosta.com/wp-co...-foil-hat.jpg?
rand=566206818

Old December 22nd 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-12-22 12:19:59 -0800, John A. said:

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:24:43 -0600, George Kerby
wrote:

On 12/22/10 11:37 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Dec 22, 9:22*am, Bruce wrote:
RichA wrote:
Clothing sportswear firm Lululemon is *recalling all the reusable bags
they issued to customers over the last year. *Seems they are
contaminated with lead...Seems to be a recurring theme with Chinese
plastic products.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...22-703806.html

Moral of the story: *DO NOT EAT your plastic camera!

And wash your hands after sweating on it. Supposedly the largest lead
contamination source today (by volume) are computer, power and other
cables from China because the vinyl contains lead.

Don't forget the tinfoil gloves for your pinkies to go with that hat.

http://blog.franciscocosta.com/wp-co...-foil-hat.jpg?
rand=566206818

Evidently that would just make things worse.
http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/

Shnnurk! Snort! Splutter!

I was within a microsecond of a serious gut bust. :-)

Savageduck

Old December 22nd 10, 10:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

On 12/22/2010 3:19 PM, John A. wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:24:43 -0600, George Kerby
wrote:

On 12/22/10 11:37 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Dec 22, 9:22 am, wrote:
wrote:
Clothing sportswear firm Lululemon is recalling all the reusable bags
they issued to customers over the last year. Seems they are
contaminated with lead...Seems to be a recurring theme with Chinese
plastic products.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...22-703806.html

Moral of the story: DO NOT EAT your plastic camera!

And wash your hands after sweating on it. Supposedly the largest lead
contamination source today (by volume) are computer, power and other
cables from China because the vinyl contains lead.

Don't forget the tinfoil gloves for your pinkies to go with that hat.

http://blog.franciscocosta.com/wp-co...-foil-hat.jpg?
rand=566206818

Evidently that would just make things worse.
http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/

that must have been written by someone with the same mindset as those
who did the study of why bread falls butter side down.

--
Peter
Old December 23rd 10, 01:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:02:34 -0500, peter
wrote:

On 12/22/2010 3:19 PM, John A. wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:24:43 -0600, George Kerby
wrote:

On 12/22/10 11:37 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Dec 22, 9:22 am, wrote:
wrote:
[...]

The fact that the bread always falls butter side down is called
Jenning's Corollary, I believe. It's a variation of Jennings Law of
Selective Gravity. And it's true.

http://www.textfiles.com/law/murphy.txt
Old December 23rd 10, 02:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Allen[_3_]

wrote:

On 12/22/2010 3:19 PM, John A. wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:24:43 -0600, George Kerby
wrote:

On 12/22/10 11:37 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Dec 22, 9:22 am, wrote:
wrote:
[...]

This list omit one very valuable "law" that I lived by until retirement:
Stuart's Law of Retroaction. "It is easier to get forgiveness than
permission. I was in a position of knowing how to supply information
that they wanted to top management; normal channels either wouldn't or
couldn't (read as either dontwanna or incompetent) give them. I very
carefully avoided situations where middle management tried to tell me
what to do. (My boss supported me in this.)
Allen
Old December 23rd 10, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Allen[_3_]

On 12/23/2010 9:59 AM, John A. wrote:

wrote:

On 12/22/2010 3:19 PM, John A. wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:24:43 -0600, George Kerby
wrote:

On 12/22/10 11:37 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Dec 22, 9:22 am, wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I thought that was a Grace Hopper quote.

She might have used it too.
Allen
Old December 23rd 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

wrote:

On 12/22/2010 3:19 PM, John A. wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:24:43 -0600, George Kerby
wrote:

On 12/22/10 11:37 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Dec 22, 9:22 am, wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I've heard that the odds of bread falling butter down increase with the
value of he carpet

But all Murphy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZZN8f2bXGo

http://www.musopen.com/music_overview.php