OT FCC to control Internet access

Old December 22nd 10, 01:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

Default OT FCC to control Internet access

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 21:49:24 -0800, Kevin McMurtrie

peter wrote:

The FCC announced that it is gong to start regulating Internet access.

Hard to believe, but Sen. Al Franken is lined up with the republicans on
this issue.

According to the official announcement there will be no denial of access
on land lines, but wireless providers will be permitted to control
access (and content?)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/bu...1&nl=todayshea
dlines&emc=a2

Would you rather have Verizon, AT&T, and Comcast remain mostly in charge
of US Internet? And before you start talking about free markets, read
up on what they've been doing to guarantee that there's no free market.

Agreed, but I get nervous when the government gets involved. However
good their intentions may be, they're just a bunch of know-nothing
lawyers who think they know what they're doing. Usually, they don't
and screw things up worse than if they left things alone. Bring
"lobbying" (read: bribing) into the equation and things get ugly. I
don't trust them.
Old December 22nd 10, 01:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:30:18 -0800, Savageduck

On 2010-12-21 11:48:49 -0800, Bowser said:

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 07:48:49 -0500, peter
wrote:

The FCC announced that it is gong to start regulating Internet access.

Hard to believe, but Sen. Al Franken is lined up with the republicans on
this issue.

According to the official announcement there will be no denial of access
on land lines, but wireless providers will be permitted to control
access (and content?)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/business/media/21fcc.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=a2

Never

mind...

Franken is against the mobile compaines censoring sites to sell their
own. Still not sure the gov should get involved.

Who is AT&T & Verizon paying.

Same guys we voted for, no matter who we voted for.
Old December 22nd 10, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

peter wrote:

The FCC announced that it is gong to start regulating Internet access.

Liar. The announced that they're going to regulate internet providers
to ensure free access to the internet.

--
Ray Fischer | Mendacracy (n.) government by lying

Old December 22nd 10, 08:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

peter wrote:

The FCC announced that it is gong to start regulating Internet access.

Hard to believe, but Sen. Al Franken is lined up with the republicans on
this issue.

According to the official announcement there will be no denial of access
on land lines, but wireless providers will be permitted to control
access (and content?)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/bu...1&nl=todayshea
dlines&emc=a2

Would you rather have Verizon, AT&T, and Comcast remain mostly in charge
of US Internet? And before you start talking about free markets, read
up on what they've been doing to guarantee that there's no free market.

Agreed, but I get nervous when the government gets involved.

Because we all know that corporations can be trusted to do what's best
for citizens, right?

However
good their intentions may be, they're just a bunch of know-nothing
lawyers who think they know what they're doing.

Rightard propaganda.

Old December 22nd 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
GMAN[_12_]

peter wrote:

The FCC announced that it is gong to start regulating Internet access.

Hard to believe, but Sen. Al Franken is lined up with the republicans on
this issue.

According to the official announcement there will be no denial of access
on land lines, but wireless providers will be permitted to control
access (and content?)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/bu...1&nl=todayshea
dlines&emc=a2

Would you rather have Verizon, AT&T, and Comcast remain mostly in charge
of US Internet? And before you start talking about free markets, read
up on what they've been doing to guarantee that there's no free market.

Agreed, but I get nervous when the government gets involved.

Because we all know that corporations can be trusted to do what's best
for citizens, right?

But you trust Govt to do that???

Old December 22nd 10, 08:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

GMAN wrote:

peter wrote:

The FCC announced that it is gong to start regulating Internet access.

Hard to believe, but Sen. Al Franken is lined up with the republicans on
this issue.

According to the official announcement there will be no denial of access
on land lines, but wireless providers will be permitted to control
access (and content?)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/bu...1&nl=todayshea
dlines&emc=a2

Would you rather have Verizon, AT&T, and Comcast remain mostly in charge
of US Internet? And before you start talking about free markets, read
up on what they've been doing to guarantee that there's no free market.

Agreed, but I get nervous when the government gets involved.

Because we all know that corporations can be trusted to do what's best
for citizens, right?

But you trust Govt to do that???

The government is accountable to the voters.
Corporations are accountable to shareholders.

I trust corporations to consider profits to be their primary
objective. Service to customers, honesty, free markets, even
the survival of people, comes second.

Government isn't about making profits. The primary objective is to
provide service to customers.

Old December 22nd 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

On 12/22/2010 3:36 PM, Ray Fischer wrote:
wrote:

The FCC announced that it is gong to start regulating Internet access.

Liar. The announced that they're going to regulate internet providers
to ensure free access to the internet.

Your name calling is helpful.

Without providers how does the average person get access.

--
Peter
Old December 23rd 10, 09:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

wrote:

The FCC announced that it is gong to start regulating Internet access.

Liar. The announced that they're going to regulate internet providers
to ensure free access to the internet.

Your name calling is helpful.

Yep. I wouldn't want you to be free to decieve people with such
transparent bnull****.

Without providers how does the average person get access.

Are you really going to try that bull**** extortion routine?

Old December 23rd 10, 06:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

wrote:

The FCC announced that it is gong to start regulating Internet access.

Liar. The announced that they're going to regulate internet providers
to ensure free access to the internet.

Your name calling is helpful.

Yep. I wouldn't want you to be free to decieve people with such
transparent bnull****.

We agree

Without providers how does the average person get access.

Are you really going to try that bull**** extortion routine?

Do you think everybody is entitle to free Internet access

--
Peter
Old December 23rd 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

wrote:

The FCC announced that it is gong to start regulating Internet access.

Liar. The announced that they're going to regulate internet providers
to ensure free access to the internet.

Your name calling is helpful.

Yep. I wouldn't want you to be free to decieve people with such
transparent bull****.

We agree

Without providers how does the average person get access.

Are you really going to try that bull**** extortion routine?

Do you think everybody is entitle to free Internet access

Are you drunk?