OT COPYRIGHT of Photos in the USA

Old July 10th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mark Thomas

Default OT COPYRIGHT of Photos in the USA

Sorry to interrupt normal programming. This is just for anyone who
hasn't yet met Douglas...

1. The first piece of legal advice given to anyone would be to stop
posting/inflaming. Douglas 'St James' MacDonald clearly has not
received any legal advice. As regulars will be aware, Douglas has
posted this sort of thing many, many times.

2. The op has resulted from Douglas being exposed as a fraud (again) in
aus.photo. He has posted a auction listing that claims he is a
certified professional with an organisation (the 'CPPA') that had not
been heard of in Australia. When investigated, the organisation has
been shown not to exist and merely consists of a scam webpage set up by
Douglas himself.

Refer to the posting in aus.photo ("OT - CPPA - anyone a member?") if
you are crazy enough to be interested. Douglas has not been brave
enough to respond over there, he would rather just post more abuse, as
usual.

Nothing more to see here.

(the usual)

Old July 10th 08, 09:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mark Thomas

Health Warning - This is a Douglas MacDonald thread.

Cryptopix wrote:
Oddly enough, I don't bother with AUS.PHOTO. since you and your feral
mate took it over.

Thanks so much for that - it has been an enormous improvement since you
left, tail between legs, thoroughly and rightly embarrassed by the
'stepped out panorama' debacle. Take a look at the last few months -
just a few odd interruptions by Rita's ego, but other than that,
everyone was getting along just fine.

It will take a while to fully rebuild the audience you drove away. Just
remember to KEEP away, OK? Your reputation for sticking to these
promises is a little short of perfection.

Anyway, in regard to the CPPA, maybe it's just as well Rita is around,
feeding her ego by adding groups to the f-u list. Now everyone *here*
knows about your CPPA debacle, too! I bet you really appreciate that.
(For anyone who doesn't know the story, Douglas has posted an ebay
auction for his wedding photography (170235232467 - it's a bargain!),
where he claims he is Industry Association Certified by the "CPPA".
Trouble is, no-one in Australia seems to have heard of the CPPA, and
when the website (www.cppa.org.au) was unearthed, it was clearly a
botched together job and the language was eerily familiar... Sure
enough, the domain was registered just a few weeks ago, by guess who?
You got it, Douglas himself. And he freely admits that the "CPPA" is
not incorporated, and therefore doesn't legally exist anyway.

FYI there are 25 members of CPPA.

Douglas, forgive me for doubting you, but it does seem a little odd that
not one of those alleged 25 has posted on any of these forums (or *any*
forums whatsoever) to gather support for the idea. Perhaps you can
point us to a newspaper ad? A TV ad? A radio spot? No?
Exactly.

You seriously expect anyone to believe that this is real, and isn't just
a scam to try to make yourself look like you know what you are doing for
your poor potential ebay clients?

Me, I think it is completely morally indefensible behavior.
You, of course, think it is fine. Anyone else here agree?

Douglas, may I suggest you talk some of those alleged 25 members into
dropping into the groups to tell us the full story and show us how wrong
we are. In the process of course they will pick up a few clues about
you, too, but I'm sure they are discerning folk. And I'm sure lots of
others in Oz would love to join, if this assoc.. sorry, 'club' of yours
gets off to a good start...

Recently there have been two attempts to join without providing an
address to which the application should be sent.

Only 2..? You're not doing very well, are you? One was me, and the
other was inspired by my posting..

The one from you was a classic. I saw it this morning.

So 'Chris Dyer' showed you? It's a remarkable coincidence that Mr Dyer
spells just like you, and posts from your home computer. Remember how
you finally admitted Julian Abbot was you? Will you be doing the same
with Chris?

Who do you thing you are playing with... Yourself as usual?

I 'thing' you are an illiterate and foul-mouthed liar and fraud. As usual.

Get a life idiot. the fuse is burning.

I'm as scared as I was several years ago when you started these threats.

(O:

It's nice to know you have been driven out of aus.photo. The fuse might
be burning here as well, but for *you*. It seems your support base is
getting a little thin...
Old July 10th 08, 09:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

"Cryptopix" wrote in message
On Jul 10, 9:12 am, Mark Thomas
wrote:
Sorry to interrupt normal programming. This is just for anyone who
hasn't yet met Douglas...

Get a life idiot. the fuse is burning.

Is that a threat?
What do you mean by "the fuse is burning"?

--
Jeff R.

Old July 10th 08, 12:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

"Cryptopix" wrote in message
On Jul 10, 9:12 am, Mark Thomas
wrote:
Sorry to interrupt normal programming. This is just for anyone who
hasn't yet met Douglas...

Get a life idiot. the fuse is burning.

Is that a threat?
What do you mean by "the fuse is burning"?

--
Jeff R.

terrorist threat maybe
death threat, possibly
misguided attempt at bullying, high probability.

--
God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?