[SI] General Announcement

Old October 21st 12, 07:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

Default [SI] General Announcement

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:41:38 -0400, SI Committee
wrote:
: The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated his
: willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.

The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that date
(at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch as the
next SI deadline falls after the 11th.

Bob
Old October 22nd 12, 02:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
PeterN

wrote:
: The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated his
: willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.

The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that date
(at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch as the
next SI deadline falls after the 11th.

Bob

I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
salary.

--
Peter
Old October 22nd 12, 04:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

:
: The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that
: date (at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch
: as the next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
:
: Bob
:
:
: I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
: salary.

I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another year. To
encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum bonus payable at
the end of 2013.

Bob
Old October 22nd 12, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 22/10/2012 2:01 PM:

: : The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated
: : his willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.
:
: The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that
: date (at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch
: as the next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
:
: Bob
:
:
: I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
: salary.

I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another year. To
encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum bonus payable at
the end of 2013.

Indexed for inflation!

Old October 23rd 12, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:13:22 +1100, Noons wrote:
: Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 22/10/2012 2:01 PM:
:
: : : The Committee is pleased to announce that Alan Browne has indicated
: : : his willingness to remain in his present capacity until 11 November.
: :
: : The stockholders would be pleased to grant him an extension beyond that
: : date (at a continuation of his current remuneration), especially inasmuch
: : as the next SI deadline falls after the 11th.
: :
: : Bob
: :
: :
: : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his current
: : salary.
:
: I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another year.
: To encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum bonus
: payable at the end of 2013.
:
: Indexed for inflation!

Well, I guess so, but we have to be careful not to set too many precedents.
What if he demands another 100% increase when negotiating a renewal of his
contract?

Bob
Old October 23rd 12, 06:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 23/10/2012 2:56 PM:

[...]

No way! Offshore his position right there!
(g,d&r)
Old October 23rd 12, 06:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

[...]

No way! Offshore his position right there and then!
(g,d&r)
Old October 23rd 12, 03:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David J. Littleboy

"Noons" wrote:
Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 23/10/2012 2:56 PM:
: : I propose that in light of his faithful service, we double his
current
: : salary.
:
: I'd favor your proposal, if he were willing to stay on for another
year.
: To encourage that, we could structure the increase as a lump-sum bonus
: payable at the end of 2013.
:
: Indexed for inflation!

Well, I guess so, but we have to be careful not to set too many
precedents.
What if he demands another 100% increase when negotiating a renewal of his
contract?

No way! Offshore his position right there and then!

You called???

-- David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old October 24th 12, 12:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 23:59:23 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
wrote:
:
: "Noons" wrote:
[...]

Did I just hear David volunteer for the job??

Bob
Old October 24th 12, 01:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
PeterN

On 10/23/2012 1:48 AM, Noons wrote:
[...]

Is there an Australian applicant?

--