Please bring back 110 film and new 110 cameras

Old December 9th 11, 06:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Please bring back 110 film and new 110 cameras

On 2011-12-08 21:02:41 -0800, tony cooper said:

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 20:55:39 -0800 (PST), jesus loves people
wrote:

I wish someone will bring back not only 110 film, but also bring back
new 110 film cameras. I wish they will also bring back 110 film
selection from 100, 200,and 400 speed color print film. It would be
nice if they bring back black & white 110 print film again. It would
also be nice if they could bring back color slide 110 film again and
bring back new 110 slide film projectors. I miss all of this.

Ah, well, I miss gasoline at 29 cents a gallon, my hair, and being
able to buy and fit into pants with a 30 inch waist. I don't really
miss 110 film.

29 cents a gallon! Hell! I can remember buying regular at a Hess
station in Utica for 19.9¢ per gallon.
Ah! The fond memories of a 30 inch waist. I was a little more athletic
in those days.

As far as 110 film goes, times change, but Adox has something in mind.
So any of those 110 nostalgia buffs who desire grain in all your shots
just keep your ear to the ground.
http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX%20Films/110/110.html

Savageduck

Old December 10th 11, 04:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-12-08 21:02:41 -0800, tony cooper said

:

wrote:

[...]

Just get an iPhone and the Instagram app. Then all your pics can look
like crap, just like film.

I agree, given the OP's nym I have my doubts as to just how sincere he
is in his longing for the return of 110.

As for Instagram, I loaded it, looked at it, and unloaded it. There are
far better iPhone solutions for producing crappy images, as well as
acceptable snapshots. OK for somebody who doesn't have a decent digital
camera with them. It certainly won't take the place of my G11 or D300s,
or your late EOS-1V.

So here are a few iPhone shots I toyed with.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DTWS-1w.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Whitcher-w.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/TGDw.jpg

Savageduck

Old December 13th 11, 10:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rwalker

wrote:

[...]

They've had that up for over a year. they don't seem to be moving
very quickly. In the meantime, I learned to reload 110 cassettes so I
could continue to use my Pentax Auto 110. I've got better cameras,
but it's such a sweet little system that I hate to shelve it.