[PICS] Windsor Ruins

Old February 28th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

Default [PICS] Windsor Ruins

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
news
jimkramer wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message
jimkramer wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm
Nice colors and catching the reflection. Did you use a zoom lens? The
distortion of the line across the tops of the columns, and the columns
'falling out' is a bit of a distraction.

That's the reason that nobody likes the Canon 20mm F2.8. :-)

Was the lens axis horizontal to the ground?

Are you going to ask me if it was on a tripod too? :-) No, it was angled
slightly, ~3-5 degrees, down to catch the reflections in the mud puddle.
Oddly enough, I commented to one of the guys there that I'd love to come
back with a lift platform, and do it right.

-Jim

Old February 28th 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Summer Wind

"jimkramer" wrote in message
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm

Very nice. Do you have the technical info?

SW

Old February 28th 09, 04:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Summer Wind" wrote in message
"jimkramer" wrote in message
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm

Very nice. Do you have the technical info?

SW

Canon 5D Canon 20mm F2.8 ISO 200 F/9 1/125s

Anything else?
-Jim

Old February 28th 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

jimkramer wrote:
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Win...ndsorRuins.htm
Nice colors and catching the reflection. Did you use a zoom lens? The
distortion of the line across the tops of the columns, and the columns
'falling out' is a bit of a distraction.

That's the reason that nobody likes the Canon 20mm F2.8. :-)

Was the lens axis horizontal to the ground?

Are you going to ask me if it was on a tripod too? :-) No, it was angled
slightly, ~3-5 degrees, down to catch the reflections in the mud puddle.
Oddly enough, I commented to one of the guys there that I'd love to come
back with a lift platform, and do it right.

That's the thing. My 20mm is not great unless shot horizontal.
Otherwise horizontal/vertical lines near the edges are noticeably curved.

So, was it on a tripod?

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.