New photos at my web page

Old July 9th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
EspenM

Default New photos at my web page

I totally ruined my personal economy last week when I bought the Canon 5D...
:-/ Well, anyway, so far I am greatly satisfied! I just put some new photos
at my website, for anyone who is interested... It's in norwegian though, but
the language of photos is fairly international, I guess
URL:http://www.espenmills.com

Old July 9th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Clive

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 18:34:33 +0100, EspenM wrote:

I totally ruined my personal economy last week when I bought the Canon
5D...
:-/ Well, anyway, so far I am greatly satisfied! I just put some new
photos
at my website, for anyone who is interested... It's in norwegian though,
but
the language of photos is fairly international, I guess
URL:http://www.espenmills.com

Nice pictures. Did you build your own site? What did you use?

Clive

Old July 9th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
G.T.

Clive wrote:
On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 18:34:33 +0100, EspenM wrote:

I totally ruined my personal economy last week when I bought the
Canon 5D...
:-/ Well, anyway, so far I am greatly satisfied! I just put some new
photos
at my website, for anyone who is interested... It's in norwegian
though, but
the language of photos is fairly international, I guess
URL:http://www.espenmills.com

Nice pictures. Did you build your own site? What did you use?

I wouldn't know how nice his pictures are since his requires Flash.
Nothing like limiting one's audience.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old July 9th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
EspenM

"Clive" wrote:
I totally ruined my personal economy last week when I bought the Canon
5D...
:-/ Well, anyway, so far I am greatly satisfied! I just put some new
photos
at my website, for anyone who is interested... It's in norwegian though,
but
the language of photos is fairly international, I guess
URL:http://www.espenmills.com

Nice pictures. Did you build your own site? What did you use?

Thanks! Yes, I built my own site. The flash part (not the main page, but the
others) are a function in Photoshop CS and CS2. You
find it under "File - Automate - Web Photo Gallery". The main page I made in
Photoshop and Image Ready. I also know a bit of
html-coding, so I put it all together that way.

-Espen

Old July 10th 06, 11:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Derek Fountain

I wouldn't know how nice his pictures are since his requires Flash.
Nothing like limiting one's audience.

It also requires Javascript, so that limits his audience too. Including me.

--
a href="http://www.derekfountain.org/"Derek Fountain/a on the web at
http://www.derekfountain.org/
Old July 10th 06, 12:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"Derek Fountain" wrote in message
I wouldn't know how nice his pictures are since his requires Flash.
Nothing like limiting one's audience.

It also requires Javascript, so that limits his audience too. Including
me.

Bad luck guys, there is some outstanding shots there.

Old July 11th 06, 11:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Doctor J. Frink

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:45:13 +0200, DD wrote:
In article ,
says...
I wouldn't know how nice his pictures are since his requires Flash.
Nothing like limiting one's audience.

It also requires Javascript, so that limits his audience too. Including me.

How *do* you find your way around the web with Javascript disabled?

Quite easily, thankfully JS-only sites are still the minority, and you
reduce the security and hassle implications of having anonymous scripted
code running on your machine. JS is not necessary to create web sites,
that's what HTML/XML/CSS are for, JS et al should be for extra
functionality if anything.

I do have JS enabled but heavily restricted in Mozilla on Linux. If I
used Windows I would seriously consider turning it off completely.

Frink

--
Doctor J. Frink : 'Rampant Ribald Ringtail'
"No sir, I didn't like it!" - Mr Horse
Old July 11th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Derek Fountain

How *do* you find your way around the web with Javascript disabled?

Around 10% of web users don't have Javascript. Websites that rely on it
loose 1 in 10 of their visitors immediately. I find it somewhat silly
that people who want to show off their photos rely on Javascript to do
so. It's completely unnecessary and just demonstrates that their photos
aren't of good enough quality to be shown without presentation aids.

To answer your question, I run the NoScript extention to Firefox, which
allows me to selectively turn on Javascript for sites that a) need it,
and b) I trust.

Unfortunately I work in the field of IT security and I'm very much aware
of what someone with bad intentions can do with Javascript. If the 90%
of surfers who have Javascript turned on knew what ITSec pros know about
it's potential for harm, they'd turn it off immediately.

Still, it keeps the phishers, pharmers, adware writers, spyware writers,
virus writers, identity thieves, credit card information thieves, etc.,
all very happy.
Old July 11th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
DD

In article ews.net,
[...]

All my previous sites have been mostly HTML but I am slowly starting to
see the benefit of Javascript for things like creating tooltips that
display EXIF info on mouseover, or for hiding menus so that more of the
screen is used to display the images, etc.

I've completed 90% of the new site's navigation and will be adding
content to the new pages soon. I think what I will obviously have to do
is create a pointer to the old site for people who don't want to turn
Javascript on when they visit my site.

Thanks for the input.

--
http://www.nikongear.com/