I'M GOING DIGITAL!

Old November 17th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Default I'M GOING DIGITAL!

Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.

Does bipolar count as digital? Yes? No?

Old November 17th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
marika

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 21:31:43 -0500, j wrote:

Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.

Does bipolar count as digital? Yes? No?

So sad. One of those freaky, tragic accidents.
Old November 17th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Scott W

j wrote:
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.

Does bipolar count as digital? Yes? No?

Bipolar is normally analog, looks like you bias is off and you have
broken into parasitic oscillations.

Scott

Old November 17th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
marika

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:40:14 -0500, Scott W wrote:

j wrote:
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.

Does bipolar count as digital? Yes? No?

Bipolar is normally analog, looks like you bias is off and you have
broken into parasitic oscillations.

That was exactly how I reacted to the grapefruit grape seed distinction.

Sheesh. I am blind, not illiterate.

I left that part alone although I wanted like hell to nail someone on it.
Not worth my time though

Grapeseed has been known as an antioxidant for a long time. It is not the
best antioxidant, but it is ok.

I prefer to get my grapeseed in a glass of red wine. Has the exact
impact. Ask any French guy
Old November 21st 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Cozmic Photo

j wrote:
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.

Does bipolar count as digital? Yes? No?

I usually shoot with my digital camera. (Nikon d70s) I love the
immediate feedback I get from seeing the picture after it is taken. I
think I can tell everyone whoever goes to digital, do not, do not, do
not delete images until you get home. You would be surprised how
good/different the images will look on the computer. The screen on the
back of the camera does not do images justice. I cannot tell you how
many pictures I almost deleted b/c I thought they did not work and feel
in love with them when I got home. Think about film, how many
pictures have you loved and hated the next day? Or even minute.

Old November 21st 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

j yazdi:

Old November 22nd 06, 07:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Duncan

Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline.

If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly. If you are
co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.

If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5 and 6.

If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just
stay on the line until we can trace the call.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you
which number to press.

If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press. No
one will answer.

;-) Duncan

oups.com...

Old November 22nd 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Andreas Gugau

j schrieb:
Yes I am!

You're on the way to hell... Digital is bad!

Andreas

--

Fotos unter http://www.gugau-foto.de/

Schottland unter http://www.whisky-guide.de/
Old November 26th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

On 21 Lis, 12:50, "Cozmic Photo" wrote:
j wrote:
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.
Yes I am!
No I'm not.

Does bipolar count as digital? Yes? No?I usually shoot with my digital camera. (Nikon d70s) I love the

immediate feedback I get from seeing the picture after it is taken. I
think I can tell everyone whoever goes to digital, do not, do not, do
not delete images until you get home. You would be surprised how
good/different the images will look on the computer. The screen on the
back of the camera does not do images justice. I cannot tell you how
many pictures I almost deleted b/c I thought they did not work and feel
in love with them when I got home. Think about film, how many
pictures have you loved and hated the next day? Or even minute.

There should be a warning message on each digital camera body:
DO NOT DELETE IMAGES! NEVER!

The problem is that when having memory card instead of a film you take
more photos than with an analogue, isn't it?

I'll stay with 12 non-eraseable frames on 120 film...

Cheers,
Maciej

Old November 27th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lloyd Erlick

j wrote:
[...]

November 27, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

I agree, but for an additional reason
(although the reasons above are valid for me,
too).

I have a file of negatives dating from the
sixties. I'm basically a pack-rat, and hardly
any negatives have escaped me. Now that I'm
an incipient old-fart, I can look back with
fresh perception. People change as time goes
on, so our relation with our own work
changes. Often when I look over old work I
see pictures I never saw before. Sometimes I
think my past self was not capable of seeing
the best ones.

Throwing away pictures before we have a
chance to examine them over the years is a
waste of a precious personal resource. Just
by holding our own work we can know both the
work and ourselves better.

In particular, digital (or digitized ...)
pictures are great because of that wonderful
slideshow function. I like to have work I'm
editing playing on the screen when I'm doing
other things because it's practically
subliminal ... (and, as an aside, as I
discovered last night, my own work playing on
the screen is a great antidote to the Borat
movie; my mind's eye needed a shower and
shave after that one ...).

The problem is that when having memory card instead of a film you take
more photos than with an analogue, isn't it?

I'll stay with 12 non-eraseable frames on 120 film...

Me too!

regards,
--le
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.