Bad photography joke

Old January 31st 05, 11:08 PM
John Francis

Phil Stripling wrote:
(John Francis) writes:

I'm not aware of any British dialect that pronounces "Four" as "Fo"

Listen to the Beatles. :-

a.k.a "The Fab Four". Pronounced Four, not Fo.

In any case, Scouse pronunciation is most definitely "Faw".
(Listen to John singing "All Together Now" some time).
Birmingham, I'll concede, starts off "Fo". But it doesn't
stop there - the full pronunciation is more like "Fo-wer"

Old February 1st 05, 03:36 AM
Jerry

[...]
A: A camera takes photos and a sock takes five toes...

Actually, I kinda liked the joke!

The joke makes a point.
I tend not to use the term "take a picture". What I really do is expose
some film or some electronic light sensing device so that I can later
have a picture. I may even capture light in my camera which allows me to
convert it to a photo later. I think one could even say they "make" a
picture. When this has been done, I can then "take" the picture
somewhere.
However, at no time does my camera "take" anything!

;-)
Jerry

...hey, I don't write the stuff...

mike

Old February 1st 05, 06:32 AM
William Graham

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can't help but notice that folk offended by something often include a
wish for the death of the offender (in this case, twice, even!). Yes,
I can understand how repeating a politically-incorrect joke deserves
such a fate....... |O:

Here in Oz, we have a comedian called 'Steady Eddy' who makes wicked
and uncensored fun of persons with cerebral palsy. His comedy can be
quite a shock initially, and his audiences often include a few who get
offended, but some of them change their mind when they realise Steady
is in fact NOT acting, and in fact has quite severe CP. Steady's work
is in fact very clever and insightful, and he has garnered a very good
reputation not only as a comic, but also as an actor and unofficial
spokesperson for CP, and he has, IMO, managed to help free up that
`awkwardness` that comes whenever a term like Spastic or Down Syndrome
or Cerebral Palsy or Autism is mentioned. I know some folks who work
with PWIDs (look it up!), and I call 2 PWIDs my friends - and they all
*love* Steady's humor. Laughing at oneself is not reserved for people
without disabilities.. And there is a significant diffference between
laughing at and laughing with, and although use of the term 'spastic'
has sadly become something of an insult over time, I don't see how that
joke was in `extraordinarily bad taste` - perhaps you can explain
why?...

Lighten up, I reckon.

When Jerry Lewis was young, he made a lot of fun out of acting, "spastic".
Later on, when he became rich and well known, he more than made up for it
with his charity work raising money for diseases that crippled people and
left them palsied. I suspect that he concentrated on those kind of charities
because he got some flak over his earlier performances, but we'll probably
never know whether this is true or not......

Old February 1st 05, 06:39 AM
m II

Jerry wrote:

However, at no time does my camera "take" anything!

You recycle the photons? Neat!

mike
Old February 1st 05, 07:35 AM
Bob Harrington

Jerry wrote:
wrote:

[...]
A: A camera takes photos and a sock takes five toes...

Actually, I kinda liked the joke!

The joke makes a point.
I tend not to use the term "take a picture". What I really do is
expose some film or some electronic light sensing device so that I
can later have a picture. I may even capture light in my camera which
allows me to convert it to a photo later. I think one could even say
they "make" a picture. When this has been done, I can then "take" the
picture somewhere.
However, at no time does my camera "take" anything!

;-)
Jerry

It takes souls... or so I've heard.

"Doctor, I think I'm a kleptomaniac - what can I take for that?"

Old February 1st 05, 09:05 AM
Chadwick

Jerry wrote:
wrote:

[...]
A: A camera takes photos and a sock takes five toes...

Actually, I kinda liked the joke!

The joke makes a point.
I tend not to use the term "take a picture". What I really do is

expose
some film or some electronic light sensing device so that I can later

have a picture. I may even capture light in my camera which allows me

convert it to a photo later. I think one could even say they "make" a

picture. When this has been done, I can then "take" the picture
somewhere.
However, at no time does my camera "take" anything!

I bet you're a wow at parties...

Old February 1st 05, 10:09 PM
Vic

"Owamanga" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:12:10 -0800, Lisa Horton

What did the spastic say to his dog?

"Down syndrome!"

Now that's funny. It defines 'politically incorrect' of course, and
offends lots of people, but, let not that stand in the way of humor.

I think it's in the most extraordinarily bad taste, and if you think it's
funny then I think it's you that should be put down. I shall certainly not
stand in the way when a large truck is accidentally thundering in your
direction. 'Jokes' like that went out of fashion at least 10 years ago.
Where have you been? In a coma? I wish you were still there.

Old February 1st 05, 11:14 PM
Martin Francis

"m II" wrote in message
Just heard on Virgin Radio from England...

.... home of laughter, eh?

Now put the fo'fo' away, yo'.

Old February 1st 05, 11:17 PM
Martin Francis

"Phil Stripling" wrote in message
(John Francis) writes:

I'm not aware of any British dialect that pronounces "Four" as "Fo"

Listen to the Beatles. :-

The same Beatles?