Older Wooden 11 X 14 filmholder -- both sides work

Old October 16th 04, 02:18 AM
Marco Milazzo

Default Older Wooden 11 X 14 filmholder -- both sides work

This is a old wooden Folmer & Schwing 11 X 14 film holder, somewhat
cosmetically challenged but functional.

Re the cosmetics: One of the slides seems dull (purely cosmetic), and
there was once some white tape at the top edges, but it's mostly worn
off. There is a one-inch streak of white paint on one edge. Those are
the defects. Otherwise it looks pretty good. (In fact, these old
wooden holders were kind of beautiful)

The good news is that it looks completely functional. All parts are
present and seem in good working order. The slides slide in and out
well, and the flaps seem light-tight. One of the flaps had a small
split, (it should be visible in the picture below), which I repaired
with some carpenters glue -- not a major issue, but it seems fine now,
and I believe both sides to be light-tight.

I have no way of testing this film holder, so I'll offer it to you
with a one-week guarantee. Within one week of receiving it, test it
with some 11 x14 photographic paper, and if you're not satisfied,
return it and I'll refund your purchase price less shipping costs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT