Lefttists Called Dirty Racist Homo Perverts Who Will Never Defeat Bush

Old July 16th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Stuffed Crust[_2_]

Default Lefttists Called Dirty Racist Homo Perverts Who Will Never Defeat Bush

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems tony cooper wrote:
Name one state that "outlaws abortion to all." Just one.

Florida. Probably all of them.

Um, no... Abortion is legal in Florida (albeit somewhat regulated)
despite the best efforts of the legislature to change that. Good 'ol
Governor Charlie Crist just vetoed another attempt...

(I will say that the anti-choice folks are getting smarter in their
approaches, but they still froth at the mouth a bit too much. When
they're not being outright thuggish, that is.)

Anyway.

Roe vs. Wade wasn't about abortion; it was about state rights vs federal
rights. And to a lesser extent, states vs other states. Whle abortion
may one day be made illegal, it will be done at the federal level, using
the precedent that RvW made that firmly got the Feds nose into our
private medical affairs.

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^
Old July 16th 10, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:35:10 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
wrote:

Read it again. I said I DIDN'T THINK the NRA gave money to candidates. I
also said right up front that I didn't know that for sure. So I certainly
was not making any hard-and-fast claim as you are now implying.

Let's try another one. I'll make the hard-and-fast claim that the NRA
has acquiesced, in 2010, to a ban on carrying open or concealed
weapons. True or false?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 16th 10, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Allen[_3_]

tony cooper wrote:
snip
I'm tired of spoon-feeding you, Neil. You want to have these
pre-conceived ideas and not bother with checking out whether or not
these ideas are valid. That makes you either inexcusably lazy or too
happy with your preconceptions to want them dispelled.

snip
You left out a third choice: utterly, incurably stupid.

And to Tony, David, and others: to continually carry on an argument with
a fool eventually makes you appear to also be a fool. Just killfile Neil
and this thread will die (and won't be mourned except by one person).
Allen
Old July 16th 10, 04:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Cooper

On 16 Jul 2010 15:24:46 GMT, Stuffed Crust
wrote:

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems tony cooper wrote:
Name one state that "outlaws abortion to all." Just one.

Florida. Probably all of them.

Um, no... Abortion is legal in Florida (albeit somewhat regulated)
despite the best efforts of the legislature to change that. Good 'ol
Governor Charlie Crist just vetoed another attempt...

Read what was written. "Abortion to all". Not all pregnant women can
have an abortion in Florida.

When you "somewhat regulate", and thereby exclude some pregnant women,
the term "all" is no longer valid.

You, and many of the other readers in this group, are clever enough to
figure out where I'm going with this. Don't post it, though. I'm
trying encourage Neil to do his own research.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 16th 10, 05:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_5_]

wrote:

Read it again. I said I DIDN'T THINK the NRA gave money to candidates. I
also said right up front that I didn't know that for sure. So I certainly
was not making any hard-and-fast claim as you are now implying.

Let's try another one.

Why? Because you want to change the subject, rather than just admit you
misrepresented what I said?

Old July 16th 10, 06:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Ruether[_3_]

"Allen" wrote in message
tony cooper wrote:

snip
I'm tired of spoon-feeding you, Neil. You want to have these
pre-conceived ideas and not bother with checking out whether or not
these ideas are valid. That makes you either inexcusably lazy or too
happy with your preconceptions to want them dispelled.

snip

You left out a third choice: utterly, incurably stupid.

8^)

And to Tony, David, and others: to continually carry on an argument with a fool eventually makes you appear to also be a fool.
Just killfile Neil and this thread will die (and won't be mourned except by one person).
Allen

Correct, but you (and presumably others) do appear to continue
reading this thread, and occasionally new useful points are presented
(so long as Neil's posts are generally avoided, maybe...;-). Anyway,
maybe it really is time to wind this up.
--DR

Old July 16th 10, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Steele

wrote:
Name one state that "outlaws abortion to all." Just one.

Florida. Probably all of them.

Um, no... Abortion is legal in Florida (albeit somewhat regulated)
despite the best efforts of the legislature to change that. Good 'ol
Governor Charlie Crist just vetoed another attempt...

Read what was written. "Abortion to all". Not all pregnant women can
have an abortion in Florida.

When you "somewhat regulate", and thereby exclude some pregnant women,
the term "all" is no longer valid.

You, and many of the other readers in this group, are clever enough to
figure out where I'm going with this. Don't post it, though. I'm
trying encourage Neil to do his own research.

Anjd simply prohibiting isn't the whold story. They can throw on all
sorts of regulations to make it costly and hard to do.
Old July 16th 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:35:10 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
wrote:

Like your claim that NRA does not make contributions to political
candidates or campaigns, which you later admitted to be an erroneous
claim, you're making assertions not supported by truth or facts.

Read it again. I said I DIDN'T THINK the NRA gave money to candidates. I
also said right up front that I didn't know that for sure. So I certainly
was not making any hard-and-fast claim as you are now implying.

You said, and I quote: "In point of fact, I don't think the NRA gives
any politicians any money.".

Were you not stating a fact, then?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 16th 10, 08:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:09:57 -0400, Bill Steele

wrote:
Name one state that "outlaws abortion to all." Just one.

Florida. Probably all of them.

Um, no... Abortion is legal in Florida (albeit somewhat regulated)
despite the best efforts of the legislature to change that. Good 'ol
Governor Charlie Crist just vetoed another attempt...

Read what was written. "Abortion to all". Not all pregnant women can
have an abortion in Florida.

When you "somewhat regulate", and thereby exclude some pregnant women,
the term "all" is no longer valid.

You, and many of the other readers in this group, are clever enough to
figure out where I'm going with this. Don't post it, though. I'm
trying encourage Neil to do his own research.

Anjd simply prohibiting isn't the whold story. They can throw on all
sorts of regulations to make it costly and hard to do.

Just what was recently attempted in Florida. The legislature passed a
bill that would require a woman wanting an abortion to have, and pay
for, an ultrasound and to be forced to view that ultrasound. Gov
Crist, in a rare moment of sanity, vetoed the bill.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 16th 10, 10:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_5_]

wrote:

Like your claim that NRA does not make contributions to political
candidates or campaigns, which you later admitted to be an erroneous
claim, you're making assertions not supported by truth or facts.

Read it again. I said I DIDN'T THINK the NRA gave money to candidates. I
also said right up front that I didn't know that for sure. So I certainly
was not making any hard-and-fast claim as you are now implying.

You said, and I quote: "In point of fact, I don't think the NRA gives
any politicians any money.".

Were you not stating a fact, then?

That's what I just said, Tony. In my very next sentence I said I wasn't
certain about it.

"In point of fact, I don't think the NRA gives any politicians any money. I
am not really certain about that. [ . . . ]"

So no, obviously I was not stating a definite fact.