If Brit police are terrified their jobs are threatened by cutbacks, this isn't the way to illustrate their value

Old December 2nd 10, 01:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default If Brit police are terrified their jobs are threatened by cutbacks, this isn't the way to illustrate their value

On 2010-12-02 03:40:27 -0800, Whisky-dave said:

On Dec 1, 5:58*pm, Allen wrote:
On 12/1/2010 10:06 AM, tony cooper wrote:

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 07:06:08 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
*wrote:

On Dec 1, 2:02 pm, Martin
wrote:
On 01/12/2010 13:30, peter wrote:

On 12/1/2010 8:23 AM, RichA wrote:
On Dec 1, 3:11 am, Martin

Unqualified ass------. A disgrace to British policing and Britai

n in
general. What next, dep-U-tizin' citzens???!!

PCSO's are not the brightest, the public decided they wanted to se

e a
lot more bobbies on the beat and these guys are much cheaper.

And for the benefit of ****wit troll RichA the UK has had deputize

trained citizens in the police force for a very long time. They ha

ve
full police powers and are properly trained. Called Special Consta

bles
and in Canada the Royal Canadian Mounted Police uses them too as d

several other former Commonwealth nations.

Retard. It gets worse. Imagine the kind of left-wing scum that
normally gets elected locally in Britain (communists running town
councils, that kind of thing) having a hand at running the police!
You people are pathetic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11882026

I think this is actually one of the dumbest ideas the new Con-Dem
government has come up with so far.

Don't worry they haven't been in office long I'm sure something dumber
will come along shortly ;-)

Aping the stupid US system which
makes pandering to irrational public fears and locking up prisoners f

or
as long as possible into a profitable industry is utterly stupid.

What, even if it's profitable !!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure how it's profitable I assume you mean in the USA it's
profitable.
In the UK the tax payer funds the prison service.

As does the taxpayer in the US. *The difference is that there are
private, for-profit, state prisons in the US. *Our government pays
these prisons taxpayer dollars. *The company that runs the prison may
make a profit on the difference between what they are paid by the
government and what their expenses are, but it is the taxpayer who is
burdened with the cost.

The "benefit" of this system is that the state writes one check to the
prison company and doesn't have to employ people and deal with all of
the suppliers that a prison has. *Very much like a company outsourcin

certain functions. *Simpler for the state, but - overall - I don't
think there's a benefit to either the taxpayer or the prisoners.

Tony, I'm sorry to say that Texas is one of the states that has
privately-owned prisons--imo a system that is loaded with problems.

Whatever happened with the prison where the walls were painted pink
and the clothes the prisoners wore were also pink.
Did they eventually try any other colours (well colors obviously) ;-)

That is not a prison. You are thinking of the Maricopa County Jail in
Arizona, which is an expression of County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

There are no walls painted pink.
The only pink clothing was pink dyed underwear, specifically boxer shorts.

Some who have no real knowledge of conditions in county jails, or State
prisons might applaud Sheriff Arpaio and his policies, but he manages
one of the most abusive and oppressive county jails in the US, and is
currently subject of an ongoing Federal case regarding the Maricopa
County Jail and violation of Constitutional rights of inmates in
medical and other care related issues including meals not meeting
minimal U.S. Department of Agriculture dietary guidelines.

Some have called him the "America's best sheriff" many consider him
"America's worst sheriff".
He is a politician constantly seeking the light of publicity, good, or bad.

Savageduck

Old December 2nd 10, 07:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

On 12/2/2010 10:27 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Dec 2, 12:20 pm, wrote:

snip

That is not a prison. You are thinking of the Maricopa County Jail in
Arizona, which is an expression of County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Yep that's the one but I though of it as a prison, wel,l where inmates
are lock up anyway.

There are no walls painted pink.
The only pink clothing was pink dyed underwear, specifically boxer shorts

"hundreds of men wearing boxers were either curled up on their bunk
beds or chatted in the tents, which reached 138 degrees inside the
week before. Many were also swathed in wet, pink towels as sweat
collected on their chests and dripped down to their pink socks."

I unfortunately find this image amusing.

There is nothing that is the slightest bit amusing about human beings
being abused.
I know you can make general statements, but do you have any inkling
why those guys were incarcerated. Don't be so ****ing judgmental.

.

Some who have no real knowledge of conditions in county jails, or State
prisons might applaud Sheriff Arpaio and his policies,

And sometimes I would too.
From a UK perspective it is often seen that criminals get off lightly
compared to their victims.

but he manages
one of the most abusive and oppressive county jails in the US,

Jails/prisons yep I get confused.

and is
currently subject of an ongoing Federal case regarding the Maricopa
County Jail and violation of Constitutional rights of inmates in
medical and other care related issues including meals not meeting
minimal U.S. Department of Agriculture dietary guidelines.

Some have called him the "America's best sheriff" many consider him
"America's worst sheriff".
He is a politician constantly seeking the light of publicity, good, or bad.

Seems like he's been successful in that respect at least.
But is/was there any truth in that the reacedivsm rate was lower
from his jail than others. I believe this jail is quite small too so
meaningful data is difficult due to the small sample.

This sherrif is grotesquely treating human beings solely to advance his
political agenda.

--
Peter
Old December 2nd 10, 08:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 13:39:50 -0500, peter
wrote:

On 12/2/2010 10:27 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Dec 2, 12:20 pm, wrote:

snip

[...]

Or "who" they are. Mostly, as they say there, "Messicans". The white
citizens of the area don't seem to mind that non-whites are treated
this way.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old December 3rd 10, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-12-03 05:56:12 -0800, Whisky-dave said:

On Dec 2, 6:39*pm, peter wrote:
On 12/2/2010 10:27 AM, Whisky-dave wrote: On Dec 2, 12:20 pm, Savageduck

*wrote:

snip

That is not a prison. You are thinking of the Maricopa County Jail in
Arizona, which is an expression of County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Yep that's the one but I though of it as a prison, wel,l where inmates
are lock up anyway.

On looking back I thought the sherrifs name was Clint Low.

Clint Low is just another asshole who though Joe Arpaio had a great idea.

There are no walls painted pink.
The only pink clothing was pink dyed underwear, specifically boxer sho

rts

* "hundreds of men wearing boxers were either curled up on their bunk
beds or chatted in the tents, which reached 138 degrees inside the
week before. Many were also swathed in wet, pink towels as sweat
collected on their chests and dripped down to their pink socks."

I unfortunately find this image amusing.

There is nothing that is the slightest bit amusing about human beings
being abused.

probability not, but it does depend on what the abuse is.

Start with being fed rotten food, and denied proper medical care.
....but then that might be the future for all of the old, and fast
disappearing middle class. Most of the poor and unemployed are already
there.

But then again I'm not sure if the data here is correct.
I found the original link where I read about this.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...main2133867.sh
tml

There were other links and I though the jail was small with less than
50 inmates rather than the
100s mentioned, I also thought it was a 3 month trial.

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition...sonsuits14.art.
htm

Here we see it was pink jumpsuits rather than pink shorts.

Nothing more than an act of deliberate humiliation based on the
prejudice of those who think it amusing.

I still think of prisoners standing around in pink amusing same as I
do when people
tread on garden rakes and they hit them in the face, sorry about that.

A "Jackass" fan. How well! there is no accounting for bad taste.

* I know you can make general statements, but do you have any inkling
why those guys were incarcerated. Don't be so ****ing judgmental.

I don't care why they were in there, that doesn't change the amusement
for me.

That is quite an admission. Most people would squirm.

As with falling on a banana skin the personalty of the individual
doesn't matter.
Although if charlie chaplin does it I find it boring.

Then you better get back to your "Jackass" collection.

Some have called him the "America's best sheriff" many consider him
"America's worst sheriff".
He is a politician constantly seeking the light of publicity, good, or

bad.

Seems like he's been successful in that respect at least.
But is/was there any truth in that the reacedivsm rate was lower
from his jail than others. I believe this jail is quite small too so
meaningful data is difficult due to the small sample.

This sherrif is grotesquely treating human beings solely to advance his
political agenda.

Are we talking about Clint Low or Joe Arpaio.

Both of them. Low is probably worse as he doesn't seem to be capable of
an original thought, and is just taking his lead from Arpaio.

Like it the first time someone has done bad things to advance their
political agenda.

Savageduck

Old December 3rd 10, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-12-03 05:56:12 -0800, Whisky-dave said:

On Dec 2, 6:39 pm, peter wrote:
On 12/2/2010 10:27 AM, Whisky-dave wrote: On Dec 2, 12:20 pm, Savaged

uck
wrote:

snip

[...]

Sounds like a good punishment to me. ;-)

The punishment is the incarceration and loss of freedom. A civilized
and humane judicial system is charged with insuring humane treatment
for all those in their custody, and who can no longer provide nutrition
and healthcare for themselves. To deny them that level of care, as much
as the "revenge gene" might make you feel that it is fine to treat
criminals cruelly, humiliation, and denial of basic health care and
poor nutrition is cruel and inhumane, bordering on being criminal.

...but then that might be the future for all of the old, and fast
disappearing middle class. Most of the poor and unemployed are already
there.

So why should I be upset that criminals get the above treatment, while
the innocent
and poor have to pay for that treatment out of their own purse ?.

No reason at all. Not until it effects you personally with a friend, or
family member, or perish the thought, yourself on the receiving end.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...erica/main2133...

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition...nkprisonsuits1...

.
htm

Here we see it was pink jumpsuits rather than pink shorts.

Nothing more than an act of deliberate humiliation based on the
prejudice of those who think it amusing.

Well I won;t beat myself up about it unless I think they are being
more harshly treated than the victims of the crime they committed .

No reason to beat yourself up about it at all.
....and as far as victims of crime for those incarcerated in Arpaio's
County jail goes, the great majority will be short term inmates serving
terms of 1 month to a year for misdemeanors as trivial as accumulating
parking tickets. There are probably a fair number of DUI drunks, along
with petty thieves, and some arrestees awaiting trial.

I still think of prisoners standing around in pink amusing same as I
do when people
tread on garden rakes and they hit them in the face, sorry about that.

A "Jackass" fan. How well! there is no accounting for bad taste.

Actually I don't find jackass that amusing, for that sort of
entertainment

Strange? You just indicated that was just your kind of humor.

I've found Dirty Sanchez more amusing.

You would.

But I don;t actually find anything wrong in the above provided they
are doing it to themselves
or others with consent.

Absolutely, with consent.

I know you can make general statements, but do you have any inkling
why those guys were incarcerated. Don't be so ****ing judgmental.

I don't care why they were in there, that doesn't change the amusement
for me.

That is quite an admission. Most people would squirm.

I believe that would depend on the crime they committed .
I'm not sure how many would squirm if the above was done to a child
molester.
Even hardened criminals seem to think it OK to beat the **** out of
such people.

You are not going to find a child molester, rapist, murderer, or other
truly violent felon in the general population of a county jail. They
might be there waiting trial, but they will not be part of the general
jail population.

Some have called him the "America's best sheriff" many consider him
"America's worst sheriff".
He is a politician constantly seeking the light of publicity, good,

or
*bad.

Seems like he's been successful in that respect at least.
But is/was there any truth in that the reacedivsm rate was lower
from his jail than others. I believe this jail is quite small too so
meaningful data is difficult due to the small sample.

This sherrif is grotesquely treating human beings solely to advance hi

political agenda.

Are we talking about Clint Low or Joe Arpaio.

Both of them. Low is probably worse as he doesn't seem to be capable of
an original thought, and is just taking his lead from Arpaio.

It seems strange to me that the 'law' in the USA/state can't stop
these sheriffs
from doing what they are doing, I doubt anyone would get away with
this in the UK.
Well not after it was made public anyway.

The Law is working on these sheriffs.

Savageduck

Old December 4th 10, 06:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n2133867.shtml

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition...uits14.art.htm

[...]

You remind me of the judge in Mahler's the cuckoo and the nightingale.

--
Peter
Old December 7th 10, 01:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

On 12/6/2010 8:40 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:

I'd call it education if you want to be treated like a human being
then act like one.
Although it's different in the UK/US do US prisoners get free
healthcare .
I do hope no law abiding citizen in the US doesn't die of starvation
on the street.

No human being, law abiding, or not should die of starvation, anywhere.

And yes, prisoners in the US do get medical care. To our shame, in some
cases indigent innocents people do not get the level of medical care
that most prisoners get, at least in the Federal civilian system. I have
no illusions that there aren't great human rights abuses in many local
systems.

--
Peter