Another Metz question

Old December 26th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Neil Gould

Default Another Metz question

Can someone provide an overview of the differences between the 300 and
3000 series modules? Some of the Metz flashes apparently can use either
series, while some models are specific to one or the other, and I've seen
confusing (if not conflicting) information on which modules to use with
particular camera/flash combinations. Unfortunately, the Metz site didn't
clear this up for me.

TIA

Neil

Old December 26th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Bob Salomon

In article ,
"Neil Gould" wrote:

Can someone provide an overview of the differences between the 300 and
3000 series modules? Some of the Metz flashes apparently can use either
series, while some models are specific to one or the other, and I've seen
confusing (if not conflicting) information on which modules to use with
particular camera/flash combinations. Unfortunately, the Metz site didn't
clear this up for me.

TIA

Neil

http://www.bogenimaging.us/

Click on Metz and then on the SCA module finder. Includes the 3002
modules as well.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old December 26th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Neil Gould

Recently, Bob Salomon posted:

"Neil Gould" wrote:

Can someone provide an overview of the differences between the 300
and 3000 series modules? Some of the Metz flashes apparently can use
either series, while some models are specific to one or the other,
and I've seen confusing (if not conflicting) information on which
modules to use with particular camera/flash combinations.
Unfortunately, the Metz site didn't clear this up for me.

TIA

Neil

http://www.bogenimaging.us/

Click on Metz and then on the SCA module finder. Includes the 3002
modules as well.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a specific answer for
the 40mz-2 flash.

Neil

Old December 26th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Bob Salomon

"Neil Gould" wrote:

Can someone provide an overview of the differences between the 300
and 3000 series modules? Some of the Metz flashes apparently can use
either series, while some models are specific to one or the other,
and I've seen confusing (if not conflicting) information on which
modules to use with particular camera/flash combinations.
Unfortunately, the Metz site didn't clear this up for me.

TIA

Neil

http://www.bogenimaging.us/

Click on Metz and then on the SCA module finder. Includes the 3002
modules as well.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a specific answer for
the 40mz-2 flash.

Neil

Then Bogen would probably be able to answer your question in a phone
call. They are in Ramsey, NJ.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old December 27th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Neil Gould

"Neil Gould" wrote:

Recently, Bob Salomon posted:

http://www.bogenimaging.us/

Click on Metz and then on the SCA module finder. Includes the 3002
modules as well.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a specific
answer for the 40mz-2 flash.

Then Bogen would probably be able to answer your question in a phone
call. They are in Ramsey, NJ.

Thanks for the suggestion. After looking at the chart that came with my
45-CT4 and comparing it with the information on the Bogen site, I think I
have a better grasp of which modules work with which flash units.
Apparently, the 40mz-2 uses the 3000 series module for direct
shoe-mounting, but can use the 300 series module with a special sync cord.

Regards,

Neil

Old January 4th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
wilt

*"Neil Gould" wrote:

Recently, Bob Salomon posted:

http://www.bogenimaging.us/

Click on Metz and then on the SCA module finder. Includes the 3002
modules as well.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a specific
answer for the 40mz-2 flash.

Then Bogen would probably be able to answer your question in a phone
call. They are in Ramsey, NJ.Thanks for the suggestion. After looking at the chart that came with my

45-CT4 and comparing it with the information on the Bogen site, I think I
have a better grasp of which modules work with which flash units.
Apparently, the 40mz-2 uses the 3000 series module for direct
shoe-mounting, but can use the 300 series module with a special sync cord.

Regards,

Neil- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

The SCA3xx module is used to connect Metz 300 series flashes to certain
cameras. The SCA3xxx module is to connect Metz 3000 series compatible
flashes to other cameras... For example, 45CT connects to Canon A1
with the 311 module; 44MZ connects to Canon 20D with the 3120 M3
module. Some models, like the Canon EOS 1, can take either a 311 to
connect to a 45CT, or a 3102 to connect to a 54MZ.

I can connect a Metz 45CT to a Bronica with the SCA386 module; or
SCA311 to connect a EOS 10D; or connect with the SCA3102 module + 3000C
connector cord with my 20D.

The 44MZ connects directly to a Canon 30D with a) 3102 M3 module; or b)
with an SCA30008A off-camera cable via the camera hotshoe; or c) use
the Canon off-camera cable 2 with a 44MZ with 3102 M3 module.

Old January 4th 07, 11:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Neil Gould

Recently, wilt posted:

The SCA3xx module is used to connect Metz 300 series flashes to
certain
cameras. The SCA3xxx module is to connect Metz 3000 series compatible
flashes to other cameras... For example, 45CT connects to Canon A1
with the 311 module; 44MZ connects to Canon 20D with the 3120 M3
module. Some models, like the Canon EOS 1, can take either a 311 to
connect to a 45CT, or a 3102 to connect to a 54MZ.

I can connect a Metz 45CT to a Bronica with the SCA386 module; or
SCA311 to connect a EOS 10D; or connect with the SCA3102 module +
3000C
connector cord with my 20D.

The 44MZ connects directly to a Canon 30D with a) 3102 M3 module; or
b)
with an SCA30008A off-camera cable via the camera hotshoe; or c) use
the Canon off-camera cable 2 with a 44MZ with 3102 M3 module.

Thanks, Wilt. I found that the 40 MZ (and presumably other similar models)
will use either 3000 or 300 modules directly, no sync chord needed. The
only "gotcha" is that the 300 module being smaller than the 3000 leaves a
space over the contact circuit board. There is a plastic cover for that
space, but they're rare.

Neil

Old January 12th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Matt Clara

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
Recently, wilt posted:

[...]

Less rare is black electrical tape... It's also less resistant to impact,
but I've been using it to cover the hole in my F3HP where the motor drive
interfaces with it for going on two years now. Works just fine.

Old January 12th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Neil Gould

Recently, Matt Clara posted:

"Neil Gould" wrote:
[...] The only "gotcha" is that the 300 module being smaller than
the 3000 leaves a space over the contact circuit board. There is a
plastic cover for that space, but they're rare.

Less rare is black electrical tape... It's also less resistant to
impact, but I've been using it to cover the hole in my F3HP where the
motor drive interfaces with it for going on two years now. Works
just fine.

I made a cover from some heavy-gauge gasket material, cut to shape and
press-fit into the opening. Works, seals, and is more durable than tape.

Neil