Affordable Wedding Photography

Old April 10th 05, 04:23 PM
NatalieLynn

Default Affordable Wedding Photography

I live and am getting married in the Philadelphia Area Saturday, July
25, 2005.

We would like to have a digital photographer take 5-6 hours of photos
of our big day. We would prefer someone a bit more artistic and a bit
less traditional. I want all the digital images (preferably on a CD) so
that I can edit/create/print my own album.

Are there any recommendations?

Old April 10th 05, 04:58 PM
Skip M

"NatalieLynn" wrote in message
oups.com...
I live and am getting married in the Philadelphia Area Saturday, July
25, 2005.

We would like to have a digital photographer take 5-6 hours of photos
of our big day. We would prefer someone a bit more artistic and a bit
less traditional. I want all the digital images (preferably on a CD) so
that I can edit/create/print my own album.

Are there any recommendations?

Google search for Wedding Photographers Philadelphia. Or theknot.com.
You'll be surprised at what turns up. Most of our clients find us on the
web.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old April 10th 05, 05:17 PM
NatalieLynn

Thanks... but we have already tried that. It seems that many of the
photographer w/ websites in this area do not want to relinquish the
proofs (or the digital high res files). Is that normal?

Old April 10th 05, 05:40 PM
Hannah

"NatalieLynn" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks... but we have already tried that. It seems that many of the
photographer w/ websites in this area do not want to relinquish the
proofs (or the digital high res files). Is that normal?

Yep. I certainly would never give up my originals.
H.

Old April 10th 05, 05:45 PM
Skip M

"NatalieLynn" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks... but we have already tried that. It seems that many of the
photographer w/ websites in this area do not want to relinquish the
proofs (or the digital high res files). Is that normal?

Yes, that is normal. We charge $300 for the "digital negatives," which
seems to be a fairly standard price in our area for them. Most
photographers either don't release them, charge extra for them, or include
the cost in and increased "package" price, since the release of those
implies that the photographer's not going to get any additional print
business.

Old April 10th 05, 05:58 PM
Gene Palmiter

Look through your local papers and get the names of photojournalists whose
work you like. Don't forget the free papers. Call up those people and see
how you do. Also...hand out one-use cameras as people show up and let them
take shots for the "grand album"

Old April 10th 05, 06:20 PM
NatalieLynn

Thanks for the helpful tips. I will certainly do the leg work necessary
to find an artist I love and the one-use cameras for the lucky shots.

Being a freelance graphic/web designer and my fianc=E9 a musician we
work/live from gig to gig... I still am a bit shocked that the
photographers I have contacted so far are all so well off that they
gawk at making $700 for one days work.

I am disheartened to realize that many professional photographers would
rather be salespeople than be paid a fair price for their talent.