Canon Digital 350D. Basin Trials V Armchair Theoreticians. (Second posting) - NetObjects Fusion 4.0.lnk (0/1)

Old September 20th 05, 02:48 AM

Default Canon Digital 350D. Basin Trials V Armchair Theoreticians. (Second posting) - NetObjects Fusion 4.0.lnk (0/1)

I couldn't agree more.

While most people engage in silly debates over tiny differences between
on make/model over the other most people engaged in actual photography
are supplying clients with what they need and making their living.

The majority of photography ends up downsampled in lowish quality
publications so it really doesn't make that much difference. When the
clients stop using you because your images are soft then it's time to
start looking at different lenses...until then...keep raking in the
profits and let the walter mitty's engage in the ceaseless hair
splitting debates.

Old September 20th 05, 03:24 PM
piperut

I couldn't agree more.

While most people engage in silly debates over tiny differences between
on make/model over the other most people engaged in actual photography
are supplying clients with what they need and making their living.

The majority of photography ends up downsampled in lowish quality
publications so it really doesn't make that much difference. When the
clients stop using you because your images are soft then it's time to
start looking at different lenses...until then...keep raking in the
profits and let the walter mitty's engage in the ceaseless hair
splitting debates.

I have the Canon Digital Rebel, the model before the 350D.

I shot some photos on a holiday to Scotland with the camera and the kit
lens.

I entered a couple of photos in the Davis County Fair (Utah). Took a
First Place Ribbon, and a Second Place Ribbon in the Pro-Am division.

I entered the same photos in Utah State Fair. More photos at this
level.
More competition. I didn't do as well, only an honorable mention for
one photo.

The kit lens is good for an all around lens. Are there better lenses?
Yes.

I have some other lenses from when I had a 35mm Canon EOS. I have also
purchased some other lenses for this camera.

It just depends on what you are going to do with the camera.

If I just want a lens to pack around with the camera all day, I think I
might want the kit lens, as it is light and has a good range.

If I want something for portraits, I might want something with a bit
longer focal length.

If I want something for sports - I have a 70-300mm telephoto.

If I want something for special effects - I have an 8mm Peleng fisheye
lens.

You just need to match the lens to what you are going to shoot.

roland