Can't figure out diark slide on RB67.

Old August 26th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ric Trexell

Default Can't figure out diark slide on RB67.

I have a question about my Mamiya RB67 Pro S that has bugged me since I
bought it. I purchased a used 220 back for it a few weeks ago and the next
item will probably be a dark slide. I have looked on the manual and looked
the camera over for extended periods but can't figure out where the dark
slide goes. It is suppose to go between the two silver lines on the right
side is it not? Nothing moves there and when I open the camera up I can't
see any sort of guide as to where it would go. This has me stumped. Do you
have any good pictures of how that goes in there? Or can you just tell me
what I'm not seeing? Thanks. Ric in Wisconsin.

Old August 26th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
David Starr

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:43:51 -0500, "Ric Trexell" wrote:

I have a question about my Mamiya RB67 Pro S that has bugged me since I
bought it. I purchased a used 220 back for it a few weeks ago and the next
item will probably be a dark slide. I have looked on the manual and looked
the camera over for extended periods but can't figure out where the dark
slide goes. It is suppose to go between the two silver lines on the right
side is it not? Nothing moves there and when I open the camera up I can't
see any sort of guide as to where it would go. This has me stumped. Do you
have any good pictures of how that goes in there? Or can you just tell me
what I'm not seeing? Thanks. Ric in Wisconsin.

It goes into a slot between the 2 lines. The slot can be hard to see in some
lighting. There really isn't much to see. All it does is block the light from
getting to the film when the back is removed.

Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
Speak softly and carry a loaded .45
Lifetime member; Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
Web Site: www.destarr.com
Old August 27th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ric Trexell

"Ric Trexell" wrote in message
net...
I have a question about my Mamiya RB67 Pro S that has bugged me since I
bought it. Thanks. Ric in Wisconsin.

Thanks for the information. I'll take another look at it. I thought there
would be a sort of door that sprung open when you put it in. Forgive me for
spelling dark as 'diark'. I bet some people said that that idoit Ric guy
can't even spell the word so how does he expect to find it? Oh well.
Thanks again. Ric.

Old August 28th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
David J. Littleboy

"Ric Trexell" wrote:
"Ric Trexell" wrote:
I have a question about my Mamiya RB67 Pro S that has bugged me since I
bought it. Thanks. Ric in Wisconsin.

Thanks for the information. I'll take another look at it. I thought
there
would be a sort of door that sprung open when you put it in.

I don't have an RB67, but on all the removable back MF SLRs I've owned, it
just slides into a slit in the side. Some will have another slot to store
the thing when you're shooting.

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old August 28th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

David J. Littleboy wrote:

I don't have an RB67, but on all the removable back MF SLRs I've owned, it
just slides into a slit in the side. Some will have another slot to store
the thing when you're shooting.

I wish Victor had thought of that. I've misplaced my 500C/M dark slide
a dozen times...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old August 29th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

Shiva Das wrote:
In article ,
Alan Browne wrote:

David J. Littleboy wrote:

I don't have an RB67, but on all the removable back MF SLRs I've owned, it
just slides into a slit in the side. Some will have another slot to store
the thing when you're shooting.

I wish Victor had thought of that. I've misplaced my 500C/M dark slide
a dozen times...

You mean you _don't_ keep it in your mouth? I thought everyone did...

Hard to direct nude girls with a DS in your mouth...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old August 29th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ken Hart1

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Shiva Das wrote:
In article ,
Alan Browne wrote:

David J. Littleboy wrote:

I don't have an RB67, but on all the removable back MF SLRs I've owned,
it just slides into a slit in the side. Some will have another slot to
store the thing when you're shooting.
I wish Victor had thought of that. I've misplaced my 500C/M dark slide
a dozen times...

You mean you _don't_ keep it in your mouth? I thought everyone did...

Hard to direct nude girls with a DS in your mouth...

If you are photographing nude girls, you don't have to put the darkslide in
your mouth....

Old August 29th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Noons

David J. Littleboy wrote,on my timestamp of 28/08/2008 11:32 AM:
"Ric Trexell" wrote:
"Ric Trexell" wrote:
I have a question about my Mamiya RB67 Pro S that has bugged me since I
bought it. Thanks. Ric in Wisconsin.

Thanks for the information. I'll take another look at it. I thought
there
would be a sort of door that sprung open when you put it in.

I don't have an RB67, but on all the removable back MF SLRs I've owned, it
just slides into a slit in the side. Some will have another slot to store
the thing when you're shooting.

on the rb67 Pro-S you store the slide between the focus
and the strap lug, under the wind lever on the right side.
It's a tight fit and fiddly: I almost always end up shoving
it in my back pocket, a lot faster. Which means I also
promptly forget where it is...

As for sliding it in the back: in mine there are two
white lines with a slot in between, on the right side
of the film back. The slot is where it goes.
Pro-S back.
Old August 30th 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Mr. Strat

In article , Shiva Das
wrote:

You mean you _don't_ keep it in your mouth? I thought everyone did...

I always kept mine in my back pocket - which is why they all have a
little bend in them.