[SI] Wallpaper is hung!

Old June 24th 10, 09:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default [SI] Wallpaper is hung!

On 10-06-22 7:38 , Bowser wrote:
Come and get it, some new wallpaper for your wide screen monitor:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper

The sole shot that I think makes a fine computer wallpaper is Elliott
Roper's "Sandpaper", with 2nd choices in SavageCanard and Robert
Spaniard's efforts.

Sorry I didn't have time to do a wallpaper. Had I had time, it would
have been:

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/6046254-lg.jpg

Re-scanned for the SI. Just haven't had the time to dig out the slide
and re-scan it.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old June 24th 10, 10:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Elliott Roper

In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

On 10-06-22 7:38 , Bowser wrote:
Come and get it, some new wallpaper for your wide screen monitor:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper

The sole shot that I think makes a fine computer wallpaper is Elliott
Roper's "Sandpaper", with 2nd choices in SavageCanard and Robert
Spaniard's efforts.

Thank you! Apropos the gibbering on the neighbouring sub-thread, I
don't give a toss about my copyright on that picture. Anyone is welcome
to do what they like with it. I'd be flattered and delighted if it got
used at all.

Sorry I didn't have time to do a wallpaper. Had I had time, it would
have been:

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/6046254-lg.jpg

Re-scanned for the SI. Just haven't had the time to dig out the slide
and re-scan it.

It would have been a ripper wallpaper too. Keeps out of your face and
brings a smile to it.

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248
Old June 24th 10, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2010-06-24 13:23:04 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

On 10-06-22 7:38 , Bowser wrote:
Come and get it, some new wallpaper for your wide screen monitor:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper

The sole shot that I think makes a fine computer wallpaper is Elliott
Roper's "Sandpaper",

Agreed.

with 2nd choices in SavageCanard

Thanks for that.

and Robert Spaniard's efforts.

Sorry I didn't have time to do a wallpaper. Had I had time, it would
have been:

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/6046254-lg.jpg

Re-scanned for the SI. Just haven't had the time to dig out the slide
and re-scan it.

That should have worked. Been busy have you?

Girlfriend 11.2 is being upgraded to Wife 2.0.

All sorts of installation issues, partitioning errors and processes
being installed that I wasn't told about.

Photography 5.0 won't run at all. Beer 12.7 stalls all the time. I
suspect that other processes ("Mother in law 2.7") will get installed
w/o me even knowing about it.)

Could be the host system will need to be upgraded very soon.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old June 24th 10, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Alan Browne wrote:

Girlfriend 11.2 is being upgraded to Wife 2.0.

Congrats!

:-)
Old June 25th 10, 12:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete[_8_]

On 2010-06-24 22:44:20 +0100, Alan Browne said:

Girlfriend 11.2 is being upgraded to Wife 2.0.

Congratulations.

All sorts of installation issues, partitioning errors and processes
being installed that I wasn't told about.

Photography 5.0 won't run at all. Beer 12.7 stalls all the time. I
suspect that other processes ("Mother in law 2.7") will get installed
w/o me even knowing about it.)

Could be the host system will need to be upgraded very soon.

As long as you avoid a reboot, all should be fine.

--
Pete

Old June 25th 10, 01:42 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter[_7_]

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

Girlfriend 11.2 is being upgraded to Wife 2.0.

The difference between a first wife and a second:
The first has fake jewelry and real organisms.

Seriously, I hope things work out well for you.

--
Peter

Old June 25th 10, 10:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2010-06-24 14:44:20 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2010-06-24 13:23:04 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

On 10-06-22 7:38 , Bowser wrote:
[...]

You can never start debugging too soon.

That MIL2.7 can introduce some unexpected and unwelcome procedures. The
models which have had the baggage filter applied usually run smoother.
You might have to take the leap to Photog 6.0 and Diversionary Travel
3.5 (supplemented by Nuevo Auto 4.0) to compensate.

File space required by wife 2.0 is FAR BEYOND what I imagined. She also
expects me to use Paint 5.6 with various inputs and even demands that I
clean up the mess it makes.

She has also begun using the cold storage system for things other than
beer and ice cream. Do you think it's compatible with fruit,
vegetables, meat, chicken, fish, etc?

DT 3.5 has been usurped by Wife's Summer Travel Plans 1.0.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old June 25th 10, 10:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 10-06-24 18:25 , Paul Furman wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

Girlfriend 11.2 is being upgraded to Wife 2.0.

Congrats!

:-)

Congrats? CONGRATS!!!???

WTF!

;-)

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old June 25th 10, 10:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 10-06-24 20:42 , Peter wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message

Girlfriend 11.2 is being upgraded to Wife 2.0.

The difference between a first wife and a second:
The first has fake jewelry and real organisms.

They've both been real in all regards... voracious in some cases.

Seriously, I hope things work out well for you.

Me too!

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.