Olympus C-7000 Battery Questions

Old January 14th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike

Default Olympus C-7000 Battery Questions

Hi, I've got an Olympus C-7000 camera. I needed a spare battery so I bought
one on line.
The vendor suggested I buy a battery from him that was more powerful than
the battery that came from the camera, After loading the fully charged
replacement battery I noticed my camera took several seconds longer to
startup and I only got about 3/4 of the photos I got w/ the stock battery.
If I tried to use the video function it used up the replacement battery very
quickly. I finally bought a replacment battery from Amazon and my camera
takes many more pictures before the battery runs out of juice and starts up
very quickly.

Are all ono OEM replacement batteries less powerful than OEM batteries?

Is it standard procedure to represent batteries as being more powerful than
they are?

Mike

Old January 14th 07, 01:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi, I've got an Olympus C-7000 camera. I needed a spare battery so I
bought one on line.
The vendor suggested I buy a battery from him that was more powerful than
the battery that came from the camera, After loading the fully charged
replacement battery I noticed my camera took several seconds longer to
startup and I only got about 3/4 of the photos I got w/ the stock battery.
If I tried to use the video function it used up the replacement battery
very quickly. I finally bought a replacment battery from Amazon and my
camera takes many more pictures before the battery runs out of juice and
starts up very quickly.

Are all ono OEM replacement batteries less powerful than OEM batteries?

Is it standard procedure to represent batteries as being more powerful
than they are?

Mike

Hi.

The answer is no.

There seems to be a considerable variance between what batteries state as
their capacities and the actual capacity. I have a very cheap non OEM spare
battery which is rated below the Nikon original, but there does not seem to
be any actual difference.

I suspect all take an optimistic view of their test figures.

Roy G

Old January 15th 07, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike

"Roy G" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

That's insteresting, thanks.
I was naive and thought the vendor was really trying to help me.
My instincts told me to cancel the order and I should have but
the vendor begged an pleaded with me not to cancel. Just
another online hustler.

Old January 15th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike

"Roy G" wrote in message
..

Are all ono OEM replacement batteries less powerful than OEM batteries?

Is it standard procedure to represent batteries as being more powerful
than they are?

Mike

Hi.

The answer is no.

There seems to be a considerable variance between what batteries state as
their capacities and the actual capacity. I have a very cheap non OEM
spare battery which is rated below the Nikon original, but there does not
seem to be any actual difference.

I suspect all take an optimistic view of their test figures.

Where did the battery come from?

Old September 3rd 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike[_12_]

"Mike" wrote in message news:JtMqh.580$Hc5.477@trnddc03...

"Roy G" wrote in message
.

Are all ono OEM replacement batteries less powerful than OEM
batteries?

Is it standard procedure to represent batteries as being more powerful
than they are?

Mike

Hi.

The answer is no.

There seems to be a considerable variance between what batteries state as
their capacities and the actual capacity. I have a very cheap non OEM
spare battery which is rated below the Nikon original, but there does not
seem to be any actual difference.

I suspect all take an optimistic view of their test figures.

Where did the battery come from?

The battery I bought that doesn't have anywhere near the power of the OEM
battery came from an online vendor called "Blue Nook" they also sold me a
card reader for the camera that was way overpriced and the postage and
shipping charges are very high. Overall, a mail order outfit with inflated
prices and shoddy service, in my case. In the future I'll stick with well
known vendors and stay away from the likes of blue nook as they are too
expensive in time & aggravation for the craP they sold me.