Canon releases P&S abomination

Old September 15th 10, 06:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bobwilliams

Default Canon releases P&S abomination

Rich wrote:
A super zoom. Uggg.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10091411sx30is.asp

I just cannot IMAGINE sharp pics from a 35X optical Zoom lens and a
1/2.3" sensor.
But I will withhold judgment until I see it in action.
Panny lost sharpness when it went from the FZ-50 (12X Zoom ...with a
1/1.7" sensor) to the FZ-28 (18X Zoom and a 2.3" sensor).
Bob Williams
Old September 15th 10, 06:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Superzooms Still Win

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:04:22 -0700, bobwilliams wrote:

Rich wrote:
A super zoom. Uggg.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10091411sx30is.asp

I just cannot IMAGINE sharp pics from a 35X optical Zoom lens and a
1/2.3" sensor.
But I will withhold judgment until I see it in action.
Panny lost sharpness when it went from the FZ-50 (12X Zoom ...with a
1/1.7" sensor) to the FZ-28 (18X Zoom and a 2.3" sensor).
Bob Williams

You mean like this complex 20x zoom lens design beating the pants off of a
simple to design 3x DSLR lens and its supposedly superior sensor?

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_PowerShot_SX10_IS/outdoor_results.shtml

Like that?

Old September 15th 10, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bobwilliams

Rich wrote:
A super zoom. Uggg.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10091411sx30is.asp

I just cannot IMAGINE sharp pics from a 35X optical Zoom lens and a
1/2.3" sensor.
But I will withhold judgment until I see it in action.
Panny lost sharpness when it went from the FZ-50 (12X Zoom ...with a
1/1.7" sensor) to the FZ-28 (18X Zoom and a 1/2.3" sensor).
Bob Williams

You mean like this complex 20x zoom lens design beating the pants off of a
simple to design 3x DSLR lens and its supposedly superior sensor?

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_PowerShot_SX10_IS/outdoor_results.shtml

Like that?

The Kit lens that comes with the Canon Rebel XSi is pretty poor.
A good incentive to make you upgrade to a MUCH pricier lens.
Bob
Old September 15th 10, 09:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Superzooms Still Win

Rich wrote:
A super zoom. Uggg.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10091411sx30is.asp

I just cannot IMAGINE sharp pics from a 35X optical Zoom lens and a
1/2.3" sensor.
But I will withhold judgment until I see it in action.
Panny lost sharpness when it went from the FZ-50 (12X Zoom ...with a
1/1.7" sensor) to the FZ-28 (18X Zoom and a 1/2.3" sensor).
Bob Williams

You mean like this complex 20x zoom lens design beating the pants off of a
simple to design 3x DSLR lens and its supposedly superior sensor?

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_PowerShot_SX10_IS/outdoor_results.shtml

Like that?

The Kit lens that comes with the Canon Rebel XSi is pretty poor.
A good incentive to make you upgrade to a MUCH pricier lens.
Bob

Yes, the typical DSLR con-job that everyone falls for. It will take over
$6,500 in DSLR glass (plus another $250-$350 tripod) to match the zoom
range and aperture reach of that superzoom camera, and it still may not
match or beat the image quality of that superzoom. But "DSLRs are *SO*
inexpensive these days!" So say the con-men's ignorant and stupid shills.
Not to mention every shot missed while having to change lenses, or taking
the time to clean your sensor if you do have to change lenses. Just so that
all following photos aren't ruined by sensor-crud. But you won't find that
out until back at home and viewing them on the computer, when it is FAR too
late to go back and capture those images again after a good sensor
cleaning. Being careful to only do so in atmospheric conditions which won't
compound the problem with condensation on the mirror and sensor and then
taking another 1/4 to 1/2 hour to try to clear that up too, IF you are
lucky enough to be able to get into air conditions which WILL clear it up.

If anyone produced a car with all those kinds drawbacks (like, buy the car,
but in order to make it functional now you have to buy each wheel for
$2000; or having to stop every 10 miles to change tires for a different
terrain) you'd all be laughing about it for a decade and laughing
hysterically at anyone that would fall for that kind of blatantly obvious
bull**** car design.

But oh no ... you're ALL too "smart" to be able to see that.

LOL!

Old September 16th 10, 03:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Outing Trolls is FUN![_5_]

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:24:02 -0700 (PDT), Rich
wrote:

On Sep 15, 1:04*am, bobwilliams wrote:
Rich wrote:
A super zoom. Uggg.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10091411sx30is.asp

I just cannot IMAGINE sharp pics from a 35X optical Zoom lens and a
1/2.3" sensor.
But I will withhold judgment until I see it in action.
Panny lost sharpness when it went from the FZ-50 (12X Zoom ...with a
1/1.7" sensor) to the FZ-28 (18X Zoom and a 2.3" sensor).
Bob Williams

It is an exercise in extremes with no thought given to real
performance. It is designed to impress the unwashed.

Just like the 5x zoom lenses that first came out and that idiots like you
evaluated before they were even available?

Just like the 7x zoom lenses that first came out and that idiots like you
evaluated before they were even available?

Just like the 10x zoom lenses that first came out and that idiots like you
evaluated before they were even available?

Just like the 12x zoom lenses that first came out and that idiots like you
evaluated before they were even available?

Just like the 18x zoom lenses that first came out and that idiots like you
evaluated before they were even available?

Just like the 20x zoom lenses that first came out and that idiots like you
evaluated before they were even available?

And yet at each stage of the game they all surpassed the performance of any
kit lens on any DSLR throughout their whole zoom range.

You're funny.

Oh, and a ****ingly useless pretend-photographer **** of a troll too. Let's
not forget that. That's the important part. If you were a lens and rated on
"lens quality" level, for any camera or any optical device in existence,
you would have been thrown in the trash without one further consideration
by anyone.