When loyalty to a camera system = absolute blindness

Old July 30th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default When loyalty to a camera system = absolute blindness

I can't believe some people. Some newby on the dpreview Olympus group
posts about a magenta cast in the highlights in images of the Olympus
E-510, and the KOOKS who guard the forum attack the guy, some with
logically, but some are off the charts stupid. One poster refutes the
magenta cast post by posting pictures of his own, but at least FIVE of
the images SHOW a magenta cast!!! Unbelievable! Purple rocks, purple
roads!!!

Look to the image posts from Ben Herrmann about halfway down the
page.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...4177443&page=1

Old July 30th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Scott W

RichA wrote:
I can't believe some people. Some newby on the dpreview Olympus group
posts about a magenta cast in the highlights in images of the Olympus
E-510, and the KOOKS who guard the forum attack the guy, some with
logically, but some are off the charts stupid. One poster refutes the
magenta cast post by posting pictures of his own, but at least FIVE of
the images SHOW a magenta cast!!! Unbelievable! Purple rocks, purple
roads!!!

Look to the image posts from Ben Herrmann about halfway down the
page.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...4177443&page=1

So why are you bringing this up here and not on the Olympus group on
dpreveiw?

Scott
Old July 30th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...22&thread=2417...

So why are you bringing this up here and not on the Olympus group on
dpreveiw?

Scott

It has been well-covered in that forum, to the tune of 103 posts. But
the same condition afflicts others on this forum. Willful ignorance
about system flaws and attacks on those who mention them. I just
thought this example was particularly funny given the "proof" offered
to the contrary. I can't fathom the reason behind the blindness. For
instance, I own Olympus and I've never disputed certain truths about
the brand, such as their high ISO noise and restricted dynamic range.
You take the good with the bad.

Old July 30th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D[_2_]

"RichA" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 30, 1:37 pm, Scott W wrote:
RichA wrote:
[...]

And yet amazingly you scream and screech here and other places about flaws
in other camera, goose!!

Old July 30th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ASAAR

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 06:54:21 +1000, Pete D wrote:

And yet amazingly you scream and screech here and other places
about flaws in other camera, goose!!

As they say, that's rich! (pun intended)

Old July 30th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

RichA wrote:
I can't believe some people. Some newby on the dpreview Olympus group
posts about a magenta cast in the highlights in images of the Olympus
E-510, and the KOOKS who guard the forum attack the guy, some with
logically, but some are off the charts stupid. One poster refutes the
magenta cast post by posting pictures of his own, but at least FIVE of
the images SHOW a magenta cast!!! Unbelievable! Purple rocks, purple
roads!!!

Look to the image posts from Ben Herrmann about halfway down the
page.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...4177443&page=1

How does a selection of photos that were shot raw and converted with a
non-oem raw converter that probably doesn't correctly read w/b metadata
in the raw file show anything at all? The poster that you refer to
probably has a poorly calibrated monitor.

DPReview forums are full of posts like that. Mainly there are posts
about "sharpness" of lenses and noise at high iso, where tiny images are
posted, and nothing can be seen.

Because the forum is moderated, and because the threads are linear
making it harder for an idiot poster to be flamed in a way that would
happen on usenet, idiots proliferate.

It's also a favourite place for shills to hang out.
Old July 31st 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Jul 30, 4:54 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"RichA" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jul 30, 1:37 pm, Scott W wrote:
RichA wrote:
[...]

Yes(?), same thing, pointing out FLAWS in cameras, not hiding from
them. Is that a difficult concept for some?

Old July 31st 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Jul 30, 5:05 pm, frederick wrote:
RichA wrote:
I can't believe some people. Some newby on the dpreview Olympus group
posts about a magenta cast in the highlights in images of the Olympus
E-510, and the KOOKS who guard the forum attack the guy, some with
logically, but some are off the charts stupid. One poster refutes the
magenta cast post by posting pictures of his own, but at least FIVE of
the images SHOW a magenta cast!!! Unbelievable! Purple rocks, purple
roads!!!

Look to the image posts from Ben Herrmann about halfway down the
page.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...22&thread=2417...

How does a selection of photos that were shot raw and converted with a
non-oem raw converter that probably doesn't correctly read w/b metadata
in the raw file show anything at all? The poster that you refer to
probably has a poorly calibrated monitor.

The poster was attempting to prove that the original poster was wrong,
that there was no magenta issue with the E-510 results and in fact he
ended up posting shots that showed clearly there IS a magenta cast
issue with the camera.

DPReview forums are full of posts like that. Mainly there are posts
about "sharpness" of lenses and noise at high iso, where tiny images are
posted, and nothing can be seen.

Agreed 100%, and if you point out to some of them that a 600x800 image
proves nothing about sharpness, or noise, they go beserk.

Because the forum is moderated, and because the threads are linear
making it harder for an idiot poster to be flamed in a way that would
happen on usenet, idiots proliferate.

It's also a favourite place for shills to hang out.

Good point.

Old July 31st 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D[_2_]

"RichA" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 30, 4:54 pm, "Pete D" wrote:
"RichA" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jul 30, 1:37 pm, Scott W wrote:
RichA wrote:
[...]

No we live with them and understand that any camera and system will have its
FLAWS but we choose the one we can live with and then go out and take photos
rather than having to tell EVERYONE about the flaws from EVERY other system.

Old July 31st 07, 10:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D[_2_]

oups.com...
RichA wrote:
[...]

Ha Ha, you resemble that remark, right.