Now everyone has had a good old laugh...

Old July 25th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
julian

Default Now everyone has had a good old laugh...

Here's the real calander cover!

Thanks trolls and others who just had to get in a bit of head kicking.
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/24-07-07.htm

There is a golden rule the groupies following me around never quite
understood.
"If you can't say something decent about someone, good grace decrees
you should say nothing"!.

Old July 25th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Willarojo

Julian vehemently accused in
oups.com:

"If you can't say something decent about someone, good grace
decrees you should say nothing"!.

Kewl, do I get to be the first to say it?

Hey Jules, Grace here, and all I have to say is "Nothing!"

Willa
--
http://www.pbase.com/willarojo

“I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to
live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad.”
Thoreau, Civil Disobedience

“We are in great haste to construct a magnetic telegraph line from
Maine to Texas; but Maine and Texas, it may be, have nothing
important to communicate.”
Thoreau, Walden
******
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder

Old July 25th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Willarojo

Julian vehemently accused in
oups.com:

Here's the real calander cover!

Thanks trolls and others who just had to get in a bit of head
kicking. http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/24-07-07.htm

There is a golden rule the groupies following me around never
quite understood.
"If you can't say something decent about someone, good grace
decrees you should say nothing"!.

I like how you've framed the entire bay--nay, the entire ocean!
Double-nay, the entire sky!!--with those 2 little shrubs. Quite
heroic of them, really. ('Atlas Shrubbed', as it were.)

I'm also impressed that not one single mast has been cut off at the
top! Of course, you've got so much boring sky, I can almost see
Sputnik up there!

It was an excellent choice, from an editor's view, to leave fully
half of your photo boring and essentially blank so that the text is
an improvement. A veritable typographer's wetdream!

I also like the contrast of boat to car, ocean/sky to parking lot.
And is that earthy brown building a public restroom? Brilliant! One
little oasis of (night-)soil in an ocean of sky and bay!

And to think, had you stepped 10 feet closer to the cliff there, you
might not have had any grass in the frame, and we could have imagined
you had been soaring like a bird when you took this shot.

Noon sure is a dramatic time to shoot.

Willa

Old July 25th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
julian

On Jul 25, 11:23 am, Willarojo wrote:
Julian vehemently accused groups.com:

[...]

Thank you for that commentory Willa. It certainly shows my assesment
of your ability as photographer was spot on correct.
You know after the Mac's 10 year history of publishing calendars and
postcards (many of the calendars total sell outs year after year), I'd
recon your contribution could change the face of calendars in
Australia, nay, the world. Good one, mate. Now for your next trick are
you going to post your calendar covers? What about another "Photo of
the day"? Now that was a good idea, wasn't it? How long did it last? A
week, wasn't it? Naw... Just weak, eh?

Old July 25th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jul 24, 8:45 pm, Julian wrote:
Here's the real calander cover!

http://www.pbase.com/figgy/image/82802499/original

EXCELLENT WORK !!!

Old July 25th 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
julian

On Jul 25, 2:11 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
On Jul 24, 8:45 pm, Julian wrote:

Here's the real calander cover!

http://www.pbase.com/figgy/image/82802499/original

EXCELLENT WORK !!!

You know, this is why you can't ever hope to be a Professional
Photographer. Do you not see the relationship between a wedding cake
and wedding gifts?
Here lies the clear evidence of your stupidity. All you see is a
cabinet that IN YOUR OPINION interferes with the picture. Wedding
Photographers are not unlike Photojournalists. They work with what
they can. When you try to be smart and post some of my photos before I
altered them, you are just showing people how bloody idiotic you
really are.

Nearly all the pictures I took in the house being restored under a
National Trust order, that you stole some of the shots from, had the
subjects lifted and put over other backgrounds. You never bothered to
write for a password to the wedding gallery, just thought how great it
would be to slap D-Mac around a bit. Now you are about to pay for your
crimes. Enjoy yourself while you can.

Old July 25th 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_3_]

* Julian is quoted & my replies are inline below :
On Jul 24, 8:45 pm, Julian wrote:

Here's the real calander cover!

http://www.pbase.com/figgy/image/82802499/original

EXCELLENT WORK !!!

You know, this is why you can't ever hope to be a Professional
Photographer. Do you not see the relationship between a wedding cake
and wedding gifts?
Here lies the clear evidence of your stupidity. All you see is a
cabinet that IN YOUR OPINION interferes with the picture. Wedding
Photographers are not unlike Photojournalists. They work with what
they can. When you try to be smart and post some of my photos before I
altered them, you are just showing people how bloody idiotic you
really are.

Nearly all the pictures I took in the house being restored under a

^^^

Doug?

National Trust order, that you stole some of the shots from, had the
subjects lifted and put over other backgrounds. You never bothered to
write for a password to the wedding gallery, just thought how great it
would be to slap D-Mac around a bit. Now you are about to pay for your
crimes. Enjoy yourself while you can.

--
Troy Piggins
Canon EOS 30D + 70-200 f2.8L IS | 24-70 f2.8L | 10-22 f3.5-4.5 | 100 f2.8 Macro
Old July 25th 07, 07:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Willarojo" wrote in message
6.120...
Julian vehemently accused in
oups.com:

"If you can't say something decent about someone, good grace
decrees you should say nothing"!.

This probably explains why I haven't said anything about anybody for the
past 30 years or so........

Old July 25th 07, 09:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jul 25, 3:07 pm, Julian wrote:
Nearly all the pictures ***I TOOK*** in the house being restored

As Troy piggins pointed out, Douglas, when you are pretending to be
Julian, you should possibly stop referring to yourself as "I", don't
you think?

(O:

You're pretty entertaining, though!

Now you are about to pay for your
crimes. Enjoy yourself while you can.

Just one more tip, if I may. Gloating over your victories is
generally best done *after* you have achieved one. We're still
waiting for that glorious day.

Old July 25th 07, 10:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Julian wrote:
Here's the real calander cover!

That's CALENDAR.

Thanks trolls and others who just had to get in a bit of head kicking.
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/July/24-07-07.htm

That's ok. Happy to oblige.

There is a golden rule the groupies following me around never quite
understood.
"If you can't say something decent about someone, good grace decrees
you should say nothing"!.

Ah yes, but this is a place of learning. So even though Douglas may
be incapable of that (learning), *others* may benefit from the
following critical appraisal.

PLUSES:
It's a 'pleasant' scene
Horizon is straight

MINUSES:
- should probably have been horizontal, or at least composed
differently
- centred horizon looks boring, and appears to be there simply to give
the text enough sky
- bad cropping (leftmost boat hits the frame edge - beginner's error)
- Text effects are trite, straight out of WordArt 101
- image is unsharp (the original is probably fine but the downsizing
was done poorly - also note the stairstepping on front left mooring)
- polariser, polariser, polariser (in other words this is harsh midday
light - what was he thinking?)
- two bushes look silly
- post in middle looks sillier (it's just a calendar cover, so you
might be forgiven for cloning)

Finally, the choice of image is.. er.. puzzling.
So they have a marina, woohoo..
Why not include something other than an unused, unoccupied piece of
grass in the foreground?
Where's the interest, the excitement, or even the relaxing mood for
someone to sit and enjoy the view? Nope, just an empty piece of grass
that looks as if it is probably on someone's private land.. This image
says to me "Don't bother coming here unless you like to see boats in a
marina from a distance (probably behind locked gates).

I can imagine this image cropped differently, taken at dawn or dusk,
perhaps with a silhouetted figure holding a champagne glass lit by the
golden spears of light from sundown, as the day softly trickles away
into a gorgeous night, full of promise...

Oh sorry, I shouldn't be getting all poetic - this image screams...

SNAPSHOT!!! (Now let's drive on to somewhere *nice*.)