Canadians: Buy your stuff NOW!

Old October 29th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA[_2_]

Default Canadians: Buy your stuff NOW!

The dollar has tanked 25% in three weeks. New inventory will mean Nikon
D300 bodies costing over $2K! Before tax.

Old October 29th 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
U*U

"RichA" wrote in message
The dollar has tanked 25% in three weeks. New inventory will mean Nikon
D300 bodies costing over $2K! Before tax.

Tanked against what currency?

Old October 29th 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
..[_3_]

Today the C$ went up to 80 cents against the US$.

The Canadian MSRP's are set for the Canadian Market. I believe that Nikon
Canada is an independent part of Nikon Japan just like the US.
I do not believe that Nikon Canada buys product through Nikon US but
directly from Nikon in Thailand where they make the stuff.

The currencies of the world are all depressed except the US dollar which is
being artificially propped up. Watch for the US dollar to tank in the next
few months.

Old October 29th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
U*U

".." wrote in message
Today the C$ went up to 80 cents against the US$.

The Canadian MSRP's are set for the Canadian Market. I believe that Nikon
Canada is an independent part of Nikon Japan just like the US.
I do not believe that Nikon Canada buys product through Nikon US but
directly from Nikon in Thailand where they make the stuff.

The currencies of the world are all depressed except the US dollar which
is
being artificially propped up. Watch for the US dollar to tank in the next
few months.

The Canadian Media loves to compare the CAD against the USD. The US economy
is in the toilet! You are correct the US dollar is being shored up
artificially right now. I expect to see the greenback tumble after the
election, or the following "honey moon" period. I don't see any real plan to
get the USA economy running, so expect the USD to plunge again, bail-outs is
not an economic plan!

The camera prices are set for the Canadian Market, as you said. I expect
maybe a minor increase based on transportation costs with our $1/litre gas
prices.

Old October 29th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Brion K. Lienhart

RichA wrote:
the usual nonsense

Damn it, the idiot has a new e-mail address and I have to create a new
filter.
Old October 29th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
..[_3_]

What idiot are you talking about.?
"Brion K. Lienhart" wrote in message
. ..

Old October 29th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

RichA wrote:
The dollar has tanked 25% in three weeks. New inventory will mean Nikon
D300 bodies costing over $2K! Before tax.

Despite the $CAD falling and the yen rising, the Sony a900 has
dropped $200 at the Sony.com site to CAD$3099 while remaining unchanged
at US$2999 at B&H.

(Note the $CAD rose over 5% today on commodities and the US Fed rate
announcement while Sony posted at 72% decrease in profits in the quarter
over last year. The recent rise of the Yen is hurting Sony as well.)

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Old October 31st 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Gerald Clough

RichA wrote:
The dollar has tanked 25% in three weeks. New inventory will mean Nikon
D300 bodies costing over $2K! Before tax.

Figures there'd be no Icelandic camera makers.

--
"Nothing has any value unless you know you can do without it."