Does this a object make photographs??

Old August 20th 05, 01:56 AM
Pete D

The answer is -- NO.

| So you have legitimised him anyway, oh the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He needs to be told he is Posting Off Topic. I can't see whay I shouldn't
answer such a
simple question.

Actually he was on topic as far as I can see and you gave him the answer.
Where do you think he should ask anyway? Not everyone is as clever as you,
some need a little help to se the obvious.

Old August 20th 05, 03:02 AM
Sheldon

Wow, are you ever in the wrong newsgroup. But, I doubt this is a camera.
We have them all over town. They just warn "you" to slow down and take it
easy.

Any cheap radar detector will find these things.

"kz8rt3" wrote in message

Does this a object make photographs??

Here is the a picture of the object: (sorry, it's small)

http://www.oksolar.com/images/Traffic_radar_trailer.jpg

And here are the specs:

http://www.oksolar.com/n_cart/produc...=160861&cat=Tr
affic&subcat=DOT%20Speed%20Awareness

A most advanced Portable Radar Speed Display System ever offered to the
Traffic Safety Industry.

* High efficiency/output 18-inch CMS LED display meets MUTCD
requirements 1000+ feet of visibility.
* Rugged, compact trailer enables easy towing and setup for highway
and Municipal applications.
* Extended mounting height of the radar
display and speed limit sign allows for greater
visibility and true MUTCD conformance.
* Solar Powered with Battery Back-up Systems.
* Violator alert and over-speed features are standard.
* ITS communication interfacing options available.
* Accessory device outputs for connecting extra warning lights
and/or sirens also available.

Think about it and how it is similar to digital camera technology.

Main Entry: pho·tog·ra·phy
Pronunciation: f&-'t-gr&-fE
Function: noun
: the art or process of producing images on a sensitized surface (as a
film) by the action of radiant energy and especially light

Old August 20th 05, 03:09 AM
David H. Lipman

From: "kz8rt3"

| Yes, I could have been more clear but I assure you it is on topic. Stop
| freaking out.
|
| But everyone missed the point so i'll drop it.
|
| Just wondering the the sensitize surface that the image is created on
| resides on a DSLR.

How can such a device be On Topic in a dSLR News Group or a 35mm film News group.

Are you also saying that it takes recreational photos ?

NOT !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old August 20th 05, 03:12 AM
David H. Lipman

From: "Pete D"

The answer is -- NO.

| So you have legitimised him anyway, oh the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He needs to be told he is Posting Off Topic. I can't see whay I shouldn't
answer such a
simple question.

| Actually he was on topic as far as I can see and you gave him the answer.
| Where do you think he should ask anyway? Not everyone is as clever as you,
| some need a little help to se the obvious.

You mean like a News group like; alt.photography ? That would have been more apropos since
it is a general News Group on photography.

I can't see even if the device took photios it would be On Topic in a dSLR News Group or
35mm film and it certainly wouldn't be taking recreational photos now would it.

Old August 20th 05, 03:48 AM
kz8rt3

In article chwNe.3308$_f.781@trnddc03,

From: "kz8rt3"

| Yes, I could have been more clear but I assure you it is on topic. Stop
| freaking out.
|
| But everyone missed the point so i'll drop it.
|
| Just wondering the the sensitize surface that the image is created on
| resides on a DSLR.

How can such a device be On Topic in a dSLR News Group or a 35mm film News
group.

Are you also saying that it takes recreational photos ?

NOT !

I was talking about photography and digital photography, conceptually
and theoretically. The device I mentioned was symbolic. I don't think
that's off topic.

I will keep my conversations more literal for you. My apologies. And I
will keep my mouth shut so someone else will not be offended by their
own misinterpretations.

Night.
Old August 20th 05, 03:49 AM
kz8rt3

In article %jwNe.318$g47.148@trnddc07,

From: "Pete D"

The answer is -- NO.

| So you have legitimised him anyway, oh the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He needs to be told he is Posting Off Topic. I can't see whay I shouldn't
answer such a
simple question.

| Actually he was on topic as far as I can see and you gave him the answer.
| Where do you think he should ask anyway? Not everyone is as clever as you,
| some need a little help to se the obvious.

You mean like a News group like; alt.photography ? That would have been
more apropos since
it is a general News Group on photography.

I can't see even if the device took photios it would be On Topic in a dSLR
News Group or
35mm film and it certainly wouldn't be taking recreational photos now would
it.

My other response to you.
Old August 20th 05, 04:06 AM
Frank ess

Sheldon wrote:
Wow, are you ever in the wrong newsgroup. But, I doubt this is a
camera. We have them all over town. They just warn "you" to slow
down and take it easy.

Any cheap radar detector will find these things.

Lessee:
Detects four-dimensional real events.
Displays its interpretation in a visible medium.
"Set display modes are adjustable to your needs by use of easy to
operate switches"
Hmmm.

Old August 20th 05, 04:21 AM
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

"Brian Baird" wrote in message
.. .
In article N_sNe.5626$Us5.3972@fed1read02, "Mark˛" mjmorgan(lowest
even number says...
(I got one in hte early days of photo enforcement in San Diego, for
turning
late in a left turn lane...$340!!!)

Yoinks! Around here they don't nail you for anything more than $100.

$100 bucks? I've been up in your neck of he woods and gotten tickets for
more then 100 bucks. And don't come down to my neck of the woods and talk
on your cell phone because that will cost you at least 100 bucks. :-)

--

Rob

Old August 20th 05, 04:50 AM
Colin D

kz8rt3 wrote:

[...]

No photos, but it has communication interfacing technology as a choice,
so the cop down the road can book you.

Colin D.
Old August 20th 05, 04:52 AM
Jeremy Nixon

Colin D wrote:

No photos, but it has communication interfacing technology as a choice,
so the cop down the road can book you.

Which is problematic, considering how woefully inaccurate the ones I've
driven past have been at times.

--
Jeremy |