Super Moon eclipse

Old September 25th 15, 05:37 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Super Moon eclipse

This Sunday there will be a super moon, followed by a partial eclipse.
If any are interested in photographing it, check you local area for
exact times and locations.

There is a program that gives you specific information including times,
where to look, etc. The PC version is free.

http://photoephemeris.com/

--
PeterN
Old September 25th 15, 05:58 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 09/25/2015 12:37 PM, PeterN wrote:
This Sunday there will be a super moon, followed by a partial eclipse.
If any are interested in photographing it, check you local area for
exact times and locations.

There is a program that gives you specific information including times,
where to look, etc. The PC version is free.

http://photoephemeris.com/

I thought the Super Moon was Monday?

I already have my spot picked out, with permission from the local farmer
to park in his field- he just finished harvesting the soybeans there.
Here in SW Indiana, the event should be conveniently visible with
moonrise at about 7:30PM. Accuweather and National Weather both agree on
partly cloudy skies. Partly cloudy would just add interest to the shots.

I'm planning on setting up two Davis & Sanford "jawbreaker" tripods with
Majestic gear drive heads to support the 1200mm Canon lenses. I will
take along two dozen cameras, preloaded with ISO400 color print film- I
doubt that I'll use all of it. (I hope that my tripod and head selection
will meet with nospam's approval.)

The only problem I foresee is that since this lunar event is the end of
the world, I won't have time to develop the film that I shoot, let alone
post the photos on facebook.

(Because the Sun and the Moon are on opposite sides of the Earth, and
the moon is at it's closest point to the earth, the gravitational forces
will be greatest. Add to this hydraulic fracturing impairing the bedrock
structure of the earth, and the planet will be torn in half. My hope is
that nospam will be on the other half!)

--
Ken Hart

Old September 25th 15, 06:36 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/25/2015 12:58 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
[...]

I am convinced there are two nospams. There is no other may to explain
his/her contradictory statements.

--
PeterN
Old September 25th 15, 07:22 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

| I thought the Super Moon was Monday?
|
| I already have my spot picked out, with permission from the local farmer
| to park in his field- he just finished harvesting the soybeans there.
| Here in SW Indiana, the event should be conveniently visible with
| moonrise at about 7:30PM. Accuweather and National Weather both agree on
| partly cloudy skies. Partly cloudy would just add interest to the shots.

From the Farmer's Almanac:

September 27, 2015: Total Eclipse of the Moon. This eclipse will be visible
from North America. The eclipse will be best viewed from the eastern half of
North America. The Moon will be rising during the eclipse for western
regions. The Moon will enter the penumbra at 8:10 p.m. EDT and the umbra at
9:07 p.m. on September 27th; totality begins at 10:11 p.m. The Moon will
leave the umbra at 11:24 p.m.and the penumbra at 1:24 a.m. on September
28th.

So about 10-11:30 EDT.

Old September 25th 15, 07:27 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-09-25 18:11:28 +0000, rickman said:

On 9/25/2015 12:58 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 09/25/2015 12:37 PM, PeterN wrote:
This Sunday there will be a super moon, followed by a partial eclipse.
If any are interested in photographing it, check you local area for
exact times and locations.

There is a program that gives you specific information including times,
where to look, etc. The PC version is free.

http://photoephemeris.com/

I thought the Super Moon was Monday?

Depends on where you are. Further east and it is later and can be
after midnight, so Monday. That would be Europe and Africa. It is
supposed to start around 8 PM EDT where I am.

From where I am on the California Central Coast, Moonrise starts at
18:50 on Sunday, and will be full within 60 minutes.

Savageduck

Old September 25th 15, 07:38 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-09-25 18:11:28 +0000, rickman said:
On 9/25/2015 12:58 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 09/25/2015 12:37 PM, PeterN wrote:
This Sunday there will be a super moon, followed by a partial eclipse.
If any are interested in photographing it, check you local area for
exact times and locations.

There is a program that gives you specific information including times,
where to look, etc. The PC version is free.

http://photoephemeris.com/

I thought the Super Moon was Monday?

Depends on where you are. Further east and it is later and can be
after midnight, so Monday. That would be Europe and Africa. It is
supposed to start around 8 PM EDT where I am.

From where I am on the California Central Coast, Moonrise starts at
18:50 on Sunday, and will be full within 60 minutes.

From Photographer's Ephemeris on my iPad.
https://db.tt/0tf1gdLW

Savageduck

Old September 25th 15, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
croy

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 11:38:56 -0700, Savageduck

On 2015-09-25 18:11:28 +0000, rickman said:
On 9/25/2015 12:58 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 09/25/2015 12:37 PM, PeterN wrote:
This Sunday there will be a super moon, followed by a partial eclipse.
If any are interested in photographing it, check you local area for
exact times and locations.

There is a program that gives you specific information including times,
where to look, etc. The PC version is free.

http://photoephemeris.com/

I thought the Super Moon was Monday?

Depends on where you are. Further east and it is later and can be
after midnight, so Monday. That would be Europe and Africa. It is
supposed to start around 8 PM EDT where I am.

From where I am on the California Central Coast, Moonrise starts at
18:50 on Sunday, and will be full within 60 minutes.

From Photographer's Ephemeris on my iPad.
https://db.tt/0tf1gdLW

Green Pine Lane?
Old September 25th 15, 08:42 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-09-25 18:27:12 +0000, Savageduck

On 2015-09-25 18:11:28 +0000, rickman said:
On 9/25/2015 12:58 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 09/25/2015 12:37 PM, PeterN wrote:
This Sunday there will be a super moon, followed by a partial eclipse.
If any are interested in photographing it, check you local area for
exact times and locations.

There is a program that gives you specific information including
times,
where to look, etc. The PC version is free.

http://photoephemeris.com/

I thought the Super Moon was Monday?

Depends on where you are. Further east and it is later and can be
after midnight, so Monday. That would be Europe and Africa. It is
supposed to start around 8 PM EDT where I am.

From where I am on the California Central Coast, Moonrise starts at
18:50 on Sunday, and will be full within 60 minutes.

From Photographer's Ephemeris on my iPad.
https://db.tt/0tf1gdLW

That is a very useful program.

--
PeterN
Old September 25th 15, 08:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-09-25 18:11:28 +0000, rickman said:
On 9/25/2015 12:58 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 09/25/2015 12:37 PM, PeterN wrote:
This Sunday there will be a super moon, followed by a partial eclipse.
If any are interested in photographing it, check you local area for
exact times and locations.

There is a program that gives you specific information including times,
where to look, etc. The PC version is free.

http://photoephemeris.com/

I thought the Super Moon was Monday?

Depends on where you are. Further east and it is later and can be
after midnight, so Monday. That would be Europe and Africa. It is
supposed to start around 8 PM EDT where I am.

From where I am on the California Central Coast, Moonrise starts at
18:50 on Sunday, and will be full within 60 minutes.

From Photographer's Ephemeris on my iPad.
https://db.tt/0tf1gdLW

Green Pine Lane?

Nope. However, it is a lane and the first letter is "P".

Savageduck

Old September 25th 15, 09:01 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-09-25 18:27:12 +0000, Savageduck

On 2015-09-25 18:11:28 +0000, rickman said:
On 9/25/2015 12:58 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 09/25/2015 12:37 PM, PeterN wrote:
This Sunday there will be a super moon, followed by a partial eclipse.
If any are interested in photographing it, check you local area for
exact times and locations.

There is a program that gives you specific information including
times,
where to look, etc. The PC version is free.

http://photoephemeris.com/

I thought the Super Moon was Monday?

Depends on where you are. Further east and it is later and can be
after midnight, so Monday. That would be Europe and Africa. It is
supposed to start around 8 PM EDT where I am.

From where I am on the California Central Coast, Moonrise starts at
18:50 on Sunday, and will be full within 60 minutes.

From Photographer's Ephemeris on my iPad.
https://db.tt/0tf1gdLW

That is a very useful program.

I have the app on both my iPad and iPhone.

Savageduck