Reordering slideshow photos

Old December 26th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ed Mullikin

Default Reordering slideshow photos

I was in India for three weeks and have nearly 1,000 photos. In the
evening, I'd look over the day's photos in the camera. I might enlarge some
and save them. The saved enlargement would then be out of numerical
sequence with the original photos in my camera's card. Now that I'm back I
want to do a slide show using my camera hooked up to the TV. I want the
subject matter to follow logically. I tried using Irfanview sorting by date
taken. This generally worked but the photos now show postage stamp size on
a 39 inch TV. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Is there another program I might use?

Old December 26th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Fields

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I was in India for three weeks and have nearly 1,000 photos. In the
evening, I'd look over the day's photos in the camera. I might enlarge
some and save them. The saved enlargement would then be out of
numerical sequence with the original photos in my camera's card. Now
that I'm back I want to do a slide show using my camera hooked up to
the TV. I want the subject matter to follow logically. I tried using
Irfanview sorting by date taken. This generally worked but the photos
now show postage stamp size on a 39 inch TV. What am I doing wrong?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is there another program I might
use?

Not free, but you might check out Proshow Gold from Photodex
( http://www.photodex.com ) I have used it for several years and
been quite happy with it (couple of bugs, but workable). Generates
a nice DVD, exe or several other forms of slideshow with music,
transitions and other stuff. There are others, but that is the one I
have used the most. (they just released version 3.0 with some new
cool features).

mikey

Old December 27th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Fields

Also check out the support forum (there are several actually)
at http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/index.php
There is a section there for people to post links to sample
shows they have done. Gives you some really great ideas
what can be done with the software (you do have to install
a "viewer", but that is no big deal and has no hidden "things"
in it or "phone home" feature. Sometimes the best thing you
can do is see what others have done with layers, transitions
multiple images etc.

mikey

Old December 27th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Ed Mullikin wrote:
[...]

I got one with my burner, MyDVD. I tried a trial version of something
else (think it was ulead) but didn't like it.
Here's the thing I've found. MyDVD works as advertized, but the controls
on the remote do things other than what I want. All this software will
let you set a delay time between shots (plus other fluff stuff like
fade). However, I find it very useful to be able to override this set
delay time either by skipping to next slide or delay using pause control.
My daughter made up a slide show using MS Powerpoint. I've never used
that app. but if you have it, it seems to do a decent job. Again, I
can't override the play mode using the remote and get the result I want.
Of course, it might be my player, so all I can suggest is you get a
trial version of whatever you get and see how it behaves on your setup.
Dave Cohen

Best dvd slideshow Bill Gouglas Digital Photography 5 October 12th 06 12:13 PM
slideshow Maurice Hood Digital Photography 1 September 5th 06 01:17 PM
slideshow U. Link Digital Photography 3 March 7th 05 06:37 AM
Goa Photos, Belur Photos, Halebid Photos, Mangalore Photos, Hampi Photos Venkatesh Digital Photography 5 November 8th 04 02:44 AM
Simple slideshow software for photos and videos Tor Tveitane Digital Photography 3 October 31st 04 08:23 AM