Portrait of the average American voter...

Old November 10th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Default Portrait of the average American voter...

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft
from those who hunger and are not fed, those who
are cold and are not clothed. "

It's hard to imagine -- a Republican president said that.

It's fu*king unbelievable considering the present climate Republicans have
created.
It does demonstrate a massive erosion of the values of earlier Republicans
in comparison to the current crop.

And what did that, "Republican" president have to say about 9/11 and how to
defend ourselves against acts like that? - You know, history can only go so
far in giving us insight as to how to act....There comes a time when you
have to. "Go where no man has gone before."

Old November 10th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"JimKramer" wrote in message
ups.com...
Joseph Kewfi wrote:
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft
from those who hunger and are not fed, those who
are cold and are not clothed. "

It's hard to imagine -- a Republican president said that.

It's fu*king unbelievable considering the present climate Republicans
have
created.
It does demonstrate a massive erosion of the values of earlier
Republicans
in comparison to the current crop.

I think what it clearly shows, is that active participation in a real
war gives you very different perspective. It's too bad Mr. Bush never
served... never had that perspective... maybe we wouldn't be in this
mess now.

Yes, and I wonder how many 9/11's would have happened during the following 5
years? - but you don't want to bother speculating on that, do you?

Old November 10th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rafe b

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message

In other words... The Dem's bluff has now been called, and they now have
to come up with a winning hand when their holding a 2, 3, 4, 6,
7...non-suited.
I'd wager there are more than a few Dems thinking to themselves, " -Oh
crap. You mean we have to actually DO something??" I predeict a lot of
hand-wringing and thumb-twiddling...

I predict they'll work on something else for a while --
something a bit less divisive. Maybe fixing medicare
or raising the minimum wage.

Let James Baker and Robert Gray take their junket
to Iraq and report back. What's the hurry? We've
already lost 3000 troops and ****ed away half a trillion
dollars. The war's been on for three and a half years
now, what's another few months?

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old November 10th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

In other words... The Dem's bluff has now been called, and they now
have to come up with a winning hand when their holding a 2, 3, 4, 6,
7...non-suited.
I'd wager there are more than a few Dems thinking to themselves, "
-Oh crap. You mean we have to actually DO something??" I predeict a
lot of hand-wringing and thumb-twiddling...

I predict they'll work on something else for a while --
something a bit less divisive. Maybe fixing medicare
or raising the minimum wage.

I thought this vote was about the war...and yet you're already predicting
they do...
....NOTHING.

At least we can agree on something...

Let James Baker and Robert Gray take their junket
to Iraq and report back. What's the hurry? We've
already lost 3000 troops and ****ed away half a trillion
dollars. The war's been on for three and a half years
now, what's another few months?

Listen to yourself with even a touch of objectivity, Rafe, and you'll begin
to feel very silly very quickly.
www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 10th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rafe b

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message

I thought this vote was about the war...and yet you're already predicting
they do...
...NOTHING.

I have no crystal ball. The power doesn't really change
for another couple of months. Dubya still has the veto.

If the Dems manage to pull of a couple of small domestic
wins before tackling Iraq, that's fine with me.

Believe it or not, Iraq isn't the only thing that Dubya's
managed to **** up in his six years.

In fact, can you please tell me what he's touched
that he *hasn't* ****ed up? Katrina? Social
Security? Medicare? Your civil rights?

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old November 10th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Default [OT] Portrait of the average American voter...

"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Richard Polhill" wrote in message
.. .
Raphael Bustin wrote:

It's Dubya's own nickname for Karl Rove.

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

To what? I haven't read all of this thread, no.

I don't pay a lot of attention to US news either.

But I do know that the Conservative party are drafting their
immigration policy that outlines how they will control the number of
economic immigrants from outside the EU. And I do wonder how we can
stem the flow of economic immigrants INSIDE the EU when we have no
common monetary policy.

But I suspect you haven't been paying attention to this.

Yeah.....I guess we'll just have to suffer along with our 4.5%
unemployment rate and 12 thousand plus Dow for another two years.......

William, don't forget that this guy has NEVER vetoed a spending bill,
increase the size of government by magnificent proportions, and has
increased the national debt to nearly $9 Trillion! He's a classic
big-government big spending liberal president.

And the Dow has nothing to do with him, it's IN SPITE of him.

I agree with all that.....But what makes you think that a Democrat would
do anything different? All presidents, (and politicians in general) are
very good at spending other people's money.....Yours and mine......

The issue isn't dem versus repub, it's a complete and total lack of checks
and balances! One party rule, at any level of our government is a
disaster! And with a guy like Bush, who is hopelessley uninformed, the
problem is even worse. Did you see his press conference the other day? He
actually said that he didn't know where people got the idea we had to
"stay the course" in Iraq! Of course, the night time anchors played clip
after clip of him saying the words, hundreds of times over the last
several years. He's just not very smart, not well read, and totally
clueless. The dems, who are nothing to write home about, will at least
provide the much needed checks and balances that have been missing during
Bush's administration. If he doesn't get it by now, than he's useless.

All valid comments....But just don't say that he is an evil genius who went
into Iraq in order to steal oil for all his crooked buddies....The two
points of view just aren't compatible......He's either a clueless simpleton,
or an evil genius, but he can't be both at the same time....:^)

Old November 10th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

rafe b wrote:
"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message

I thought this vote was about the war...and yet you're already
predicting they do...
...NOTHING.

I have no crystal ball. The power doesn't really change
for another couple of months. Dubya still has the veto.

Already making excuses...

If the Dems manage to pull of a couple of small domestic
wins before tackling Iraq, that's fine with me.

Lowering the bar already, Rafe?
Heck, they haven't even failed yet, and you're dismissing their future
failure.

Believe it or not, Iraq isn't the only thing that Dubya's
managed to **** up in his six years.

So you just want a couple small non-descript domestic issues in the next two
years?

In fact, can you please tell me what he's touched
that he *hasn't* ****ed up? Katrina? Social
Security? Medicare? Your civil rights?

Katrina had nothing to do with Bush.
Social Security has been screwed up for decades.
Medicare just paid for my dad's heart attack recovery.

Economy is amazingly good-despite huge obsticles.
Jobless rate lowest in years.
Home ownership is high.
My home state (California) is in major recovery.
Saddam will be dead very soon--at the hands of his victims.
Taxes are in check.

www.terrapinphoto.com

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 10th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

That_Rich wrote:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:13:09 -0800, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even
number wrote:

I thought this vote was about the war...and yet you're already
predicting they do...
...NOTHING.

There ya go thinking again. What a tragedy.

-Spoken like the voter in my photo, Rich.

"Think not." -New Dem slogan, perhaps?
www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 10th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
William Graham wrote:
"Raphael Bustin" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:14:43 -0800, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even
number wrote:

Bush makes no bones about the fact that he relies heavily on those
around him.
Certainly there are liars in Washington, and in both parties. I'm
not convinced GWB is one of them...though he may well have become
the mouthpiece
of some.

Bull****. The only truth in the above is that
Dubya is a mouthpiece for the evil dirtbags
with which he's surrounded himself -- Cheney,
Rumsfeld and Rove, for starters.

Dubya's only defense is that he's delusional.

Cheney and Rummy fixed the intelligence around
a policy that they'd published years before 9/11.

It's called "Project For a New American Century."
It's public info. It's the neocon workbook. Look it up.

Cheney's aide (Libby) was indicted. Do you not
recall that whole scandal? Do the names Joe
Wilson and Valerie Plame ring a bell?

Rove escaped indictment by the skin of his teeth.

Open your eyes and get a grip, Mark.

Yes, Mark.....Open your eyes to the fact that to some democrats,
there is nothing any republican president can do to prevent them from
a kind of blind hatred that is all-consuming, and totally impossible
to stem. No republican can ever do anything right to these people,
and every mistake they make becomes an evil lie, made intentionally
for only the wrong reasons. Trying to reason with people like this
is a complete waste of time.

Apparently so.

I frankly posted my little gorilla picture in good fun.
I'll let them duke it out from here...
By the way... How about that portrait?

-Not bad, considering I shot it THROUGH 2-inch thick, scratched glass.

Mark

Yes. - It's excellent.....I have a great deal of trouble taking pictures of
animals. They are either sleeping, or blurry....I can't get them to hold
still for the half second it takes when they are awake.

Old November 10th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"rafe b" wrote in message
t...

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

How convenient....And they never made any speeches on the floor of
congress either? My goodness, how could the republicans keep so many
politicians quiet?

See Jack Murtha. See "Swiftboat".

See Max Cleland -- Vietnam vet who lost three
limbs at Khe Sanh, and lost his Senate seat in 2002
for being "soft on terrorism."

See the fat lady at the convention, wearing a purple
bandaid on her second chin, in mockery of a *real*
war hero.

Some folks on your side, sir, have no shame. How
they can dodge the draft, and then impugn the
bravery of real soldiers -- and get away with it --
is beyond my comprehension.

Well, I don't know what you are talking about. What I was talking about is
the failure of the democrats to come up with their plan for getting us out
of Iraq. they continue to complain about Bush for not, "having a plan" but
there is no way you can plan for the future without knowing the future, and
they don't know it any better than Bush knows it, so their complaints are
ridiculous. - That's what I am talking about. Personally, I think we should
stay there as long as the Iraqi government needs us to keep the rioting and
terrorism down. and only leave when the Iraqi government can defend itself
against civil war and government overthrow. Saying that we should never have
gone in there to begin with doesn't help the problem. We are there. The
question is, should we leave, or stay and do the job? If the terrorists are
growing in number, is it because they are coming in from outside Iraq, or
are more Iraqis joining them? These are all important parts of the decision.
Should we hold an Iraqi election as to whether we stay or not? Just give us
a viable plan, and don't complain about who is a patriot and who isn't. This
doesn't help the situation.