Portrait of the average American voter...

Old November 10th 06, 07:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Default Portrait of the average American voter...

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
Ken Tough wrote:
Kinon O'Cann wrote:

Give us credit; we essentially "fired" our president on Tuesday. I
only wonder what took the country so damned long to catch on to this
lunatic and his band of thugs.

Though you didn't so much fire him as take away his company credit
card.

If there was ever a case for impeachment proceedings to start
immediately, it's now. Clinton lies about a blowjob and gets
impeached. Bush lies, and 100,000 people die.

Being wrong doesn't make one a liar.

It does if you're a Democrat.......Even if you bought the lie too....Witness
John Kerry.......

Old November 10th 06, 09:42 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
DD

In article , "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest
even number says...
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of
hobgoblins; all of them imaginary."

-H.L. Mencken, 1923

That's an interesting quote...especially given the date.
Surely you realize that within less than twenty years from the date of that
quote...a world war would start...end...and then be replaced by yet another,
more horrific world war.
All of them imaginary?????
-Dump the quote, and find one that's not so unbelievably and embarrassingly
wrong for its day.

Er, Markie boy... World War I erupted in 1914, 9 years *prior* to the
date in the signature. World War II erupted in 1939. When did this other
world war happen?

And you claim to be an educated person? Maybe you watched one too many
of your governors movies.

--
www.nikongear.com
Share, learn, win.
Old November 10th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Raphael Bustin

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:14:43 -0800, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even
number wrote:

Bush makes no bones about the fact that he relies heavily on those around
him.
Certainly there are liars in Washington, and in both parties. I'm not
convinced GWB is one of them...though he may well have become the mouthpiece
of some.

Bull****. The only truth in the above is that
Dubya is a mouthpiece for the evil dirtbags
with which he's surrounded himself -- Cheney,
Rumsfeld and Rove, for starters.

Dubya's only defense is that he's delusional.

Cheney and Rummy fixed the intelligence around
a policy that they'd published years before 9/11.

It's called "Project For a New American Century."
It's public info. It's the neocon workbook. Look it up.

Cheney's aide (Libby) was indicted. Do you not
recall that whole scandal? Do the names Joe
Wilson and Valerie Plame ring a bell?

Rove escaped indictment by the skin of his teeth.

Open your eyes and get a grip, Mark.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com
Old November 10th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
michelo

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
If there was ever a case for impeachment proceedings to start
immediately, it's now. Clinton lies about a blowjob and gets
impeached. Bush lies, and 100,000 people die.

That's puritanical America for you, war is fine, sex is taboo.

Yes, it always amazed me that in the evening on TV it was fine to see a
married couple where he killed her and disposed of the body. But if the same
couple was happy and were to procreate, it would be outrageous. Maybe it
would transmit better family values after all, and even solve our aging
population problem.

Michel

Old November 10th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Walter Banks

William Graham wrote:

You can fear the gays, flag-burners, and uppity women, but I am only worried
about the terrorists.....After all, 9-11 really did happen, you know........

What was the Republican response to 9-11.

1) They let the leader of the attack get away
2) They let the terrorists define the US as a terrorist nation (Your enemy will define you)
3) The US started restricting the very freedoms that they were promoting
4) Failed to secure the US border in any meaningful way
5) Refused systematically inspect international commerce
6) Attacked a country that had little or nothing to do with 9-11 for a whole series of public reasons most of which have not withstood the test of truth. The widespread death and destruction in Iraq has refocused the world away from the wrongs and
horrors of 9-11. Few people outside the US understand the emotion of 9-11 to Americans, few outside the US can understand why the US is so pained by 9-11 and fail to understand effects of senseless violence in the rest of the world.
7) Paid for the war from a social security fund and provided tax relief to a small percentage of the population so the real costs will be determined and faced long after the current administration have retired
8) Inflated the dollar making the euro the dominate world currency after about a decade of use
9) The currency value is tied to a DOW average of about 12000 but has seen real devaluation by about a third
10) Corporate wholesale sold assets including IP to raise capital (Equivalent of eating the seed grain on a farm)
11) To keep prices low nationally stopped research and development.
12) Left the country addicted to oil with no plan to replace it when the well runs dry and waiting while the EU is developing and patenting the solutions to the energy supply problems later 21st century
13) Deny a cause and effect relationship over global warming.

On these issues it is unlikely the Democrats would do worse. I don't belong to any political party. From the outside looking in its a mess that needs fixing.

Old November 10th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

Walter Banks wrote:
William Graham wrote:

[...]

And the Democrat's PLAN offered as alternative was....... what again??

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 10th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'Cann

Default [OT] Portrait of the average American voter...

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Richard Polhill" wrote in message
.. .
Raphael Bustin wrote:

It's Dubya's own nickname for Karl Rove.

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

To what? I haven't read all of this thread, no.

I don't pay a lot of attention to US news either.

But I do know that the Conservative party are drafting their
immigration policy that outlines how they will control the number of
economic immigrants from outside the EU. And I do wonder how we can
stem the flow of economic immigrants INSIDE the EU when we have no
common monetary policy.

But I suspect you haven't been paying attention to this.

Yeah.....I guess we'll just have to suffer along with our 4.5%
unemployment rate and 12 thousand plus Dow for another two years.......

William, don't forget that this guy has NEVER vetoed a spending bill,
increase the size of government by magnificent proportions, and has
increased the national debt to nearly $9 Trillion! He's a classic
big-government big spending liberal president.

And the Dow has nothing to do with him, it's IN SPITE of him.

I agree with all that.....But what makes you think that a Democrat would
do anything different? All presidents, (and politicians in general) are
very good at spending other people's money.....Yours and mine......

The issue isn't dem versus repub, it's a complete and total lack of checks
and balances! One party rule, at any level of our government is a disaster!
And with a guy like Bush, who is hopelessley uninformed, the problem is even
worse. Did you see his press conference the other day? He actually said that
he didn't know where people got the idea we had to "stay the course" in
Iraq! Of course, the night time anchors played clip after clip of him saying
the words, hundreds of times over the last several years. He's just not very
smart, not well read, and totally clueless. The dems, who are nothing to
write home about, will at least provide the much needed checks and balances
that have been missing during Bush's administration. If he doesn't get it by
now, than he's useless.

Old November 10th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'Cann

What's your point about the two million dead Iraqis?

My point is that Saddam Hussein managed to do in that many people over the
last 30 years. This puts him in the Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin category.
Getting rid of him was a very good thing, and Bush did that.

So why aren't we going int Darfur and stopping the genocide there? Why did
Iraq merit special attention? Why not selectively topple each and every
national leader that we deem unfit to lead?

Old November 10th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'Cann

"That_Rich" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:47:43 -0800, "William Graham"
wrote:

Karl Roves "fear and smear" campaign caught you... hook, line and
sinker.

Where's your Karl Rove / Lee A****er scum tactics NOW

Works every time, too. During the sixties, we feared communists, and were
told that due to "stepping stone theory" we had to fight them overseas or
we'd have to fight them here. As it turns out, the government was totally
full of ****, as they are now. Fear mongering works, and that's why
imbeciles like Bush and Rove gain power.

RP©
-

Old November 10th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rafe b

And the Democrat's PLAN offered as alternative was....... what again??

Before 11/7/2006 there was no point in the Dems offering a
plan. And besides, nobody asked their opinion. The majority
party spared no effort to shut them out of the decision-
making process, at every juncture and at every level.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com