Comments on "beta" websites please (Nature)

Old April 10th 04, 12:03 AM

Default Comments on "beta" websites please (Nature)

Sorry Jim, I haven't changed them yet, some pages have only sounds, like
thunderstorms and wind blowing, the last one has a musicbox. I have been
swamped with getting ready for spring and have decided to post all future
photos on snapfish.com. http://www.snapfish.com/home/t_=9273196
The webpages are fun to make when I have time, but as I stated that is a
precious commodity lately
Thanks again for your input!
Kay

"Jim Davis" wrote in message
. ne.jp...
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:08:37 -0600, wrote/replied
to:

I will be converting my wav files to mp3's as time permits, that
should help.

If you want people to stay away from your site, play unwanted music. If

I'm
already playing music on my computer, the last thing I want is for some

web
site to start playing music by itself. If you think your visitors would
enjoy listening to sound files, give them the choice, but don't start
playback until they explicitly click on something.

Weird, when I went back again I heard the sounds. Nice actually.

But no music.

--
Jim Davis
Nature Photography

Old April 10th 04, 12:07 AM

Jim, I think your pages are good in composition, but I really don't care
much for insects, reptiles and ducks. But I loved your flower Photos!
Kay

"Jim Davis" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:04:45 -0600, "K"
wrote/replied to:

Thanks for the insight Joe. I am still learning how to do this, so

please
have pateince until I get it all figured out
I can send you bigger versions if you like. And yes I will be doing a
thumbnail gallery, time permitting to learn how LOL
Thanks much,

Wait! Not everyone likes thumbnail galleries. I don't, you can check
my pages and tell me what you think. I like your look. The idea of a
series of photos telling a story appeal to me.

I might experiment a bit with some sequences I've shot.

Overall your content is a bit thin. I mean the photos aren't that
interesting. A couple of them show promise. And, I could find ways to
improve all your photos but I won't. Let's just say keep working on
your photography, your webpage skills are fine :-)