Olympus 808 Viewfinder problems

Old June 18th 05, 12:40 PM
Peter

Default Olympus 808 Viewfinder problems

Wonder if anyone can help.
Have a new 8080 having upgraded from a 5050. I am very happy except
one thing.

On some occasions when looking in the viewfinder (both) there is a
pink cast across the full width and up to the top.

This moves as I move the camera up or down?

Its not there all the time and seems to be linked to light source?

Am I missing something here like Flare?

Regards Peter.

Old June 18th 05, 02:08 PM
David J Taylor

Peter wrote:
Wonder if anyone can help.
Have a new 8080 having upgraded from a 5050. I am very happy except
one thing.

On some occasions when looking in the viewfinder (both) there is a
pink cast across the full width and up to the top.

This moves as I move the camera up or down?

Its not there all the time and seems to be linked to light source?

Am I missing something here like Flare?

Peter, Nikon cameras can do something similar - nothing to worry about.
It's most likely a viewfinder-only artefact (but obviously check carefully
that this doesn't appear on the image itself).

Cheers,
David

Old June 18th 05, 10:19 PM

David J Taylor wrote:
Peter wrote:

Its not there all the time and seems to be linked to light source?

Am I missing something here like Flare?

Peter, Nikon cameras can do something similar - nothing to worry about.
It's most likely a viewfinder-only artefact (but obviously check carefully
that this doesn't appear on the image itself).

I use the same camera and it is normal for this light-banding to occur
in the EVF and LCD, but does not show up on the actual image. Bright
light from the sun or reflections and such cause this bleeding-effect on
many cameras. You may still get glare/flare like any camera so the shade
it came with may help with that.
Old June 20th 05, 12:34 PM

I see it occasionally on my 8080 as well, but only in very challenging
light conditions. On a couple of these occasions, I have discover that
I have left expsoure compensation on, or made some other setting error
that is causing overexposure. So check everything before proceeding..
(O;