Reasons why I bought the Canon 30D

Old April 4th 06, 11:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Reasons why I bought the Canon 30D

A few weeks ago, when the 30D was announced, I posted that I was
disappointed with the 30D. The reason for this disappointment was
that I was expecting a 10+MP camera. I own a 10D so was expecting an
increase from 6MP to 10MP...a worthwhile improvement to justify the
purchase of a new camera. And, at the time, I wasn't too interested
in the other features that the 30D had.

Well, I just back from a trip to South America last month having used
my 10D and I realised that I needed a camera with a very fast turn-on
time. I missed a lot of action-shots of glaciers collapsing. So, I
when I got back from my trip, I went ahead and bought the 30D.

The improvement in turn-on time, the improvement in writing speed,
high-speed shooting mode and implementation of spot-metering over my
10D was dramatic...I was very pleased with my 30D purchase. No
regrets. And of course I can now use the internal flash without my
lenses casting a shadow!

What to do with my 10D? It's still a very good camera and is more
than adequate for 90% of the types of photos that I take. It's got a
few scratches and dents but it works fine (even when soaked in the
rain for 6 hours!).

--
Kulvinder Singh Matharu
Website : www.metalvortex.com

"It ain't Coca Cola, it's rice", Straight to Hell - The Clash
Old April 4th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Kulvinder Singh Matharu" wrote in message

What to do with my 10D? It's still a very good camera and is more
than adequate for 90% of the types of photos that I take. It's got a
few scratches and dents but it works fine (even when soaked in the
rain for 6 hours!).

Keep it. find the auto power off in the menu and set it to off or at least
30 mins. For what you get for it 2nd hand you couldn't buy a rebel XT. The
extra handling features of the 10D far outweigh anything else.