AA loading - suggestion for Kodak

Old April 29th 05, 04:37 PM

Default AA loading - suggestion for Kodak

I know you guys are moving away from AAs, but
on chance should you decide to design a new
camera with them, please consider 'side' loading
the cells. Let the camera body take the
compression. These 'end' hold light weight doors
that compress the cells break way to easy.
If it were not for ebay how much would I have
spent fixing my unit? $100 per break?

I was looking at your cx7530 but see it has the same
problem/door as my 3mp unit.

Old April 29th 05, 07:45 PM
Ronald Baird

Greetings VB,

I can appreciate your concerns and the suggestion. I am taking the action of
moving your comments on to our concept team who want to know of your
interests. I am not sure of the reason for the bottom loading battery
configuration, but I suspect there is a valid reason? If I can learn more
about this while sharing your thoughts, I will return with it.

Thanks for posting this,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

oups.com...

Old April 29th 05, 08:20 PM
ASAAR

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:45:20 -0400, Ronald Baird wrote:

I am not sure of the reason for the bottom loading battery
configuration, but I suspect there is a valid reason? If I can learn
more about this while sharing your thoughts, I will return with it.

There may be valid reasons, but vbhelpski probably wouldn't have
asked for a different "side loading" design if the current bottom
time people here have been reporting similar breakage problems
(you've seen many or all of them) and as far as I can tell they only
happen with Kodak cameras. All of my cameras have had bottom
complaints from other people using the same cameras. Kodak really
should have addressed this problem long before this. Or if they
have, they should have made you aware of what has been done to
correct it. Kodak doesn't need a reputation that will only be
overcome by introducing a "5 year, 50,000 mile" warranty.