Dance and theater photography

Old December 13th 05, 11:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Dance and theater photography

Hi,

Pleased to inform that I put my new dance pictures on the Internet :
http://tsubaki.free.fr/professionnels.

There are also some dance and theater pics visible at
http://tsubaki.free.fr/jtc2005 .

Eric.

Old December 13th 05, 12:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Eric,

These are great photos. However, I'm interested in how these were
taken? I take it it must have been with a digital. What make and model?
Flash or no flash? Type of lens? Aperture, etc?

Cheers,

Marcel

Old December 13th 05, 12:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Hi Marcel,

To answer as accuerately as possible :

1) Digital photo
2) Lens : mostly 85 mm/f 1.2 or 50 mm f/1.4, both fix focus of course
3) On tsubaki.free.fr/professionnal (dance) this is an canon eos 10d and on
tsubaki.free.fr/jtc2005, this is an canon eos 5d
4) I work in manual mode, and roughtly 3 or 4 speeds : 1/25th, 1/80th,
1/160th and 1/200th. Aperture varies from 1.4 to 3.5 or 4 max.
5) No flash of course.

Thank your for your interest in my images and techniques.

Best regards,

Eric.

ups.com...

Old December 13th 05, 01:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Eric wrote:
Hi Marcel,

To answer as accuerately as possible :

1) Digital photo
2) Lens : mostly 85 mm/f 1.2 or 50 mm f/1.4, both fix focus of course
3) On tsubaki.free.fr/professionnal (dance) this is an canon eos 10d and on
tsubaki.free.fr/jtc2005, this is an canon eos 5d
4) I work in manual mode, and roughtly 3 or 4 speeds : 1/25th, 1/80th,
1/160th and 1/200th. Aperture varies from 1.4 to 3.5 or 4 max.
5) No flash of course.

Thanks for posting that, really amazing photos! You are
very lucky to have the opportunity to take these
photos, and you have done that very well!

irax.
Old December 13th 05, 05:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:57:55 +0100, "Eric" eric.boudet @ laposte.net
wrote:

Hi Marcel,

To answer as accuerately as possible :

1) Digital photo
2) Lens : mostly 85 mm/f 1.2 or 50 mm f/1.4, both fix focus of course
3) On tsubaki.free.fr/professionnal (dance) this is an canon eos 10d and on
tsubaki.free.fr/jtc2005, this is an canon eos 5d
4) I work in manual mode, and roughtly 3 or 4 speeds : 1/25th, 1/80th,
1/160th and 1/200th. Aperture varies from 1.4 to 3.5 or 4 max.
5) No flash of course.

Thank your for your interest in my images and techniques.

Best regards,

Eric.

"Celcius" wrote in message
oups.com...
Eric,

These are great photos. However, I'm interested in how these were
taken? I take it it must have been with a digital. What make and model?
Flash or no flash? Type of lens? Aperture, etc?

Cheers,

Marcel

Eric,
many great shots to be sure, nice work.

Wondered if you shot all of them handheld or used a mono pod
or tripod?

Also did take most of these shots in single frame mode or
multi & picked the best timed shot(s)?

If you did these in single frame mode than you have just
raised my timing bar considerably. Ether way, great work & thank you
for sharing them with us. It's nice to see what other's have done &
know what they used to do it in terms of equipment. Equipment can be
duplicated but skill requires a lot of practice, & talent 1 either has
or does not.

Respectfully, DHB

Hopelessly addicted to digital photography's cost to benefit
ratio!

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old December 13th 05, 11:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Thank you.

My pics are shot most of the time handheld. The 85 mm and the EOS 5D are
both heavy, thus stable.
I never use multi frames mode because this is the best way to miss all
interesting shots. Only single frame.
One important thing to consider : I only show my good pics on the Internet.
I also have bad ones.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

Old December 14th 05, 12:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

One important thing to consider : I only show my good pics on the Internet.
I also have bad ones.

Very well put!

irax.
Old December 17th 05, 06:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On December 13 2005, "Eric" eric.boudet @ laposte.net wrote:
Hi,

Pleased to inform that I put my new dance pictures on the Internet :
http://tsubaki.free.fr/professionnels.

There are also some dance and theater pics visible at
http://tsubaki.free.fr/jtc2005 .

Eric.

Nice stuff. I do some similar work with belly dancers.
(www.carlmillerphotos.photoreflect.com and see Yasmine's Winter
Recital.)

What ISO do you shoot at? Is the noise level a lot better on the 5D than
the 10D? (I'm using a 10D myself.)

Thanks!

--
Carl Miller

www.carlmillerphotos.com

Old December 17th 05, 09:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Hi,

Must be difficult to shoot belly dance. Never shot that much (except :
http://tsubaki.free.fr/dancebulk/5.htm and
http://tsubaki.free.fr/dancebulk/6.htm ).

as for the Iso I try to be as low as possble, namely 800 iso. With the 10d,
almost always impossible to go up 1600 is and if I did, I had to clean with
Neat Image software. with the 5d, no problem at all. clean pictures and neat
pics at 1600 iso. however, the lower iso the better.
http://tsubaki.free.fr/ejara are hip hop pics done in difficult light
conditions at 1600 iso. The result is incredible. In one word, no
comparision (I used to have a 10d)

Eric.

Belly dancer

Old December 18th 05, 04:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On December 17 2005, "Eric" eric.boudet @ laposte.net wrote:
Hi,

Must be difficult to shoot belly dance. Never shot that much (except :
http://tsubaki.free.fr/dancebulk/5.htm and
http://tsubaki.free.fr/dancebulk/6.htm ).

as for the Iso I try to be as low as possble, namely 800 iso. With the
10d, almost always impossible to go up 1600 is and if I did, I had

to clean with Neat Image software. with the 5d, no problem at all.
clean pictures and neat pics at 1600 iso. however, the lower iso the
better. http://tsubaki.free.fr/ejara are hip hop pics done in
difficult light conditions at 1600 iso. The result is incredible. In
one word, no comparision (I used to have a 10d)

Eric.

You're probably already familiar with Lois Greenfield's stuff. If not,
get thee to: http://www.loisgreenfield.com/

--
Carl Miller

www.carlmillerphotos.com