Native Indians try to thwart photographer rights

Old November 5th 11, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Native Indians try to thwart photographer rights

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 21:01:19 -0400, Mike wrote:

On 04/11/2011 8:45 PM, Gil wrote:
On 04/11/2011 6:36 PM, Mike wrote:

How about you go back where you came from! White people stole First
Nation's land.

Mike

Oh, good one. So that gives them the right to have open fires in
downtown Toronto. You part of that Caledonia bunch by any chance?

Toronto, Ottawa and other places in Canada were never given up in treaties.

And you can't claim it any more than I can. Boo Hoo
Old November 5th 11, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 10:20:16 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Trevor
says...
That's been the way even before homo-sapiens evolved from those who preceded
them. You can only "own" land as long as you can protect it.

So if somebody steals your property by brute force, that is legal?

According to their laws, yes.

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old November 5th 11, 10:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 22:03:38 +1100, "Trevor" wrote:

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
m...
And if Germany won WW II and kept Poland, the Czech republic and parts
of Russia that would be fine?

If Germany won, and you disagreed, too bad for you I should think! Nor are
British decendents about to hand back North America, Australia, New Zealand ...,

In the case of New Zealand, there is a treaty, 'The Treaty of
Waitangi' signed in 1840.

... or any of the other countries they took by force, any more than Spanish
decendents are going to hand back South America, and so on for every other
country that has changed hands, MANY MANY times, in human history. And we
stole it from the Neanderthals at one time anyway, should we give it back to
them? :-)

Trevor.

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old November 6th 11, 03:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 11/5/2011 9:38 PM, RichA wrote:
On Nov 5, 5:23 am, Alfred wrote:
In . com, Alfred Molon
says...

In m.au, Trevor
says...
That's been the way even before homo-sapiens evolved from those who preceded
them. You can only "own" land as long as you can protect it.

So if somebody steals your property by brute force, that is legal?

And if Germany won WW II and kept Poland, the Czech republic and parts
of Russia that would be fine?

I love how the leftist indian lovers never mention that the USSR did
just that!!!

Uhm! There is no more USSR. Or, did you forget.

--
Peter
Old November 6th 11, 04:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Trevor[_2_]

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
In the case of New Zealand, there is a treaty, 'The Treaty of
Waitangi' signed in 1840.

Your point is? MANY treaties were signed by the Colonial occupiers of the
USA, Canada, Australia, NZ. A couple of them were even honoured by the
British and their decendents!
Australia's Aborigines were granted some land rights a couple of decades
ago. NOT for the whole country though. The US natives still have some land
rights too I believe, but 1% of the country I imagine?

Trevor.

Old November 6th 11, 04:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Trevor[_2_]

"John A." wrote in message
Uhm! There is no more USSR. Or, did you forget.

It's been a while since I studied history, but I'm pretty sure it was
still around at the time.

So reading newspapers is not something you've done for quite a while either
I guess :-)

Trevor.

Old November 6th 11, 05:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
dj_nme[_3_]

On 6/11/2011 3:46 PM, Trevor wrote:
"John wrote in message
Uhm! There is no more USSR. Or, did you forget.

It's been a while since I studied history, but I'm pretty sure it was
still around at the time.

So reading newspapers is not something you've done for quite a while either
I guess :-)

Trevor.

You seem to have missed the point of what John A wrote: that the USSR
existed when it displaced the peoples of Poland and other Eastern
European countries both before and after WWII.
Look it up some time, it's called "history".
Old November 6th 11, 05:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 5, 5:23 am, Alfred wrote:
In . com, Alfred Molon
says...

In m.au, Trevor
says...
That's been the way even before homo-sapiens evolved from those who preceded
them. You can only "own" land as long as you can protect it.

So if somebody steals your property by brute force, that is legal?

And if Germany won WW II and kept Poland, the Czech republic and parts
of Russia that would be fine?

I love how the leftist indian lovers never mention that the USSR did
just that!!!

Uhm! There is no more USSR. Or, did you forget.

Well it was the USSR when they played that game of risk in Eastern
Europe and the Balkans.

Savageduck

Old November 6th 11, 06:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Trevor[_2_]

"dj_nme" wrote in message
Uhm! There is no more USSR. Or, did you forget.

It's been a while since I studied history, but I'm pretty sure it was
still around at the time.

So reading newspapers is not something you've done for quite a while
either
I guess :-)

You seem to have missed the point of what John A wrote: that the USSR
existed when it displaced the peoples of Poland and other Eastern European
countries both before and after WWII.

Nope. It no longer exists is what was said (not by me).
And what *I* said was ALL land has chaged hands MANY times over the last
100,00 years or so. MOST of the time due to force. Why draw the line at 300
years ago, or even 60 years ago for that matter? It's still happening now,
and will probably do so for a LONG time to come.

Trevor.

Old November 6th 11, 09:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 15:42:56 +1100, "Trevor" wrote:

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
.. .
In the case of New Zealand, there is a treaty, 'The Treaty of
Waitangi' signed in 1840.

Your point is? MANY treaties were signed by the Colonial occupiers of the
USA, Canada, Australia, NZ. A couple of them were even honoured by the
British and their decendents!

As of 2011 the Treaty of Waitangi is embedded in New Zealand law and
shows no signs of being removed.