Posting Pictures on this News Group

Old May 3rd 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
jloo

Default Posting Pictures on this News Group

Do people post directly to this news group with photos or is it better to
post by web site?
I know some groups post directly and some post by web page....
Just curious.
John Loomis

Old May 3rd 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bruce Lewis

Unless you see "binaries" in the name of a newsgroup, don't post
pictures directly to it.

--

http://ourdoings.com/
Amazingly simple photo sharing
Old May 3rd 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
jloo

I wonder why this group is not a binary.....I guess it is an info only.
I do see a binary group for amateur landscape.
It would be interesting to see a binary amateur digital photograph
newsgroup.
Thanks for the reply
John Loomis

Old May 3rd 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
l v

post by web site?
I know some groups post directly and some post by web page....
Just curious.
John Loomis

Some of us pay for access to new group servers which is tracked by the
amount of data downloaded. While a web page is free.

--

Len
Old May 3rd 07, 10:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

jloo wrote:
I wonder why this group is not a binary.....I guess it is an info only.
I do see a binary group for amateur landscape.
It would be interesting to see a binary amateur digital photograph
newsgroup.

Web hosted image are much more versatile - thumbnails,
meta data, variable resolution, links to other images,
tags etc.

BugBear
Old May 4th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scubabix

There are a lot of newsgroups for photo sharing depending on the subject you
prefer. One I frequent is alt.binaries.photos.original

Rob

Old May 4th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Thu, 03 May 2007 10:25:18 +0100, bugbear wrote:

I wonder why this group is not a binary.....I guess it is an info only.
I do see a binary group for amateur landscape.
It would be interesting to see a binary amateur digital photograph
newsgroup.

Web hosted image are much more versatile - thumbnails,
meta data, variable resolution, links to other images,
tags etc.

Additionally, pictures stored on a web host remain until
intentionally removed. Pictures stored in a binary newsgroup have
retention times that depend on the particular NNTP host, usually
varying from several months with the better fee based hosts to as
little as a couple of days and poor completion on the free ones.