A DAY AT THE RACES WITH THE 20D !

Old April 15th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Annika1980

Default A DAY AT THE RACES WITH THE 20D !

.....and the Totally Digital Infrared D60.

Today was the Atlanta Steeplechase and a few thousand folks braved the
threatening weather to dress up, drink beer and watch the ponies run.

It was a tough day for jockeys as almost every one I bet on fell off
his horse.
Here's the first race:

Here's the 4th race and my digital double-exposure shot:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/77169196

And of course, the ladies were out as well.
Once they see me and my 20D they're all smiles.
I think this is perhaps my favorite shot from the "Honey Cam":
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/77167514

The girl on the right in this pic kept telling me that she loved me:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/77167520

Like, who doesn't, bitch?

Old April 15th 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On 14 Apr 2007 21:29:40 -0700, Annika1980 wrote:

The girl on the right in this pic kept telling me that she loved me:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/77167520

Like, who doesn't, bitch?

Umm, probably a few that play basketball for Rutgers, unless you
flash them a dynasty sign.

The momma on the left is more attractive, has a more winning
smile, has the better hat, and probably won't end up later in life
with the dark, wrinkled skin and tumors that darling daughter is
risking.

Old April 15th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Saguenay

"ASAAR" a écrit dans le message de news:
On 14 Apr 2007 21:29:40 -0700, Annika1980 wrote:

The girl on the right in this pic kept telling me that she loved me:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/77167520

Like, who doesn't, bitch?

Umm, probably a few that play basketball for Rutgers, unless you
flash them a dynasty sign.

The momma on the left is more attractive, has a more winning
smile, has the better hat, and probably won't end up later in life
with the dark, wrinkled skin and tumors that darling daughter is
risking.

Sorry Brett your original 1st post does not show on my server.
This is a masterpiece, and let me show you another one, somewhat related, by
Cezar Serbanescu:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps
(it is worth working to reformat the link, if broken)
This one is done with the Canon 50 mm 1.8 (IInd version...)

I would like catching such microseconds of truth...

mb

Old April 15th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Matt Ion

Annika1980 wrote:

And of course, the ladies were out as well.
Once they see me and my 20D they're all smiles.
I think this is perhaps my favorite shot from the "Honey Cam":
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/77167514

Hmmm, mine too... but then I'm all about the blondes
Old April 15th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank ess

Saguenay wrote:
"ASAAR" a écrit dans le message de news:
On 14 Apr 2007 21:29:40 -0700, Annika1980 wrote:

The girl on the right in this pic kept telling me that she loved
me:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/77167520

Like, who doesn't, bitch?

Umm, probably a few that play basketball for Rutgers, unless you
flash them a dynasty sign.

The momma on the left is more attractive, has a more winning
smile, has the better hat, and probably won't end up later in life
with the dark, wrinkled skin and tumors that darling daughter is
risking.

Sorry Brett your original 1st post does not show on my server.
This is a masterpiece [ ... ]

You are /such/ a kidder!

--
Frank ess

Old April 15th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Mark²

Annika1980 wrote:
....and the Totally Digital Infrared D60.

Today was the Atlanta Steeplechase and a few thousand folks braved the
threatening weather to dress up, drink beer and watch the ponies run.

It was a tough day for jockeys as almost every one I bet on fell off
his horse.
Here's the first race:

Here's the 4th race and my digital double-exposure shot:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/77169196

And of course, the ladies were out as well.
Once they see me and my 20D they're all smiles.
I think this is perhaps my favorite shot from the "Honey Cam":
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/77167514

Mine too, but I think you should have cropped a bit tighter...like this:

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old April 15th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Cynicor

Mark² wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Here's the first race:

Were the spectators drinking, or the jockeys?

I think this is perhaps my favorite shot from the "Honey Cam":
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/77167514

Mine too, but I think you should have cropped a bit tighter...like this:

This wasn't a claiming race, was it?
Old April 16th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Saguenay

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com a écrit dans le message de news:
Saguenay wrote:

Sorry Brett your original 1st post does not show on my server.
This is a masterpiece, and let me show you another one, somewhat
related, by Cezar Serbanescu:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps
(it is worth working to reformat the link, if broken)
This one is done with the Canon 50 mm 1.8 (IInd version...)

Very bad, harsh, and jagged bokeh. We need creamy bokeh.

Rita

This picture is not a bokeh exercise.
It is a smiles capture. Hope you noticed.