DPReview Reader's Choice Awards (or Nikon fanboys vs. Sony fanboys)

Old February 4th 15, 11:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default DPReview Reader's Choice Awards (or Nikon fanboys vs. Sony fanboys)

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/114...ards-2014-the-
winners?slide=4

Winners: Nikon D750 and Sony A7II. Good cameras, for sure, but this was more like
which fanboy base could garner most clicks

Runner-ups: Fujifilm X-T1 and Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG.

I believe Savageduck is a bit soft on Fujifilm cameras, but his heart is set on
the Fujifilm A-E2 (if I remember correctly).

And we have some (or at least one) that have a strong dislike for anything Sigma,
but the 50/1.4 DG, but DPReview themselves call it "optically spectacular" and
saying it's the best lens they ever tested:

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/sigma-50mm-f1-4-dg-hsm/6

Its 35mm equivalent has a DxOMark score of 42:

http://www.dxomark.com/Lenses/Sigma/...on-mounted-on-
Nikon-D810__963

Where the Nikon equivalent 50mm/1.4G got a score of 35, and the Nikon equivalent
35mm has the same. So regardless of what you think of either Sigma, DPReview or
DxOMark, it sure seems to pack an effective punch.

--
Sandman
Old February 4th 15, 06:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On 4 Feb 2015 11:23:00 GMT, Sandman wrote:

[...]

Where were the Canon fanboys? Damned sure they weren't out taking
pics.
Old February 5th 15, 06:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Bowser wrote:

Sandman:
[...]

Haha! Well, I guess Canon didn't have any award-worthy products for 2014

--
Sandman